Updates. There are FAR too many of them.

Discus and support Updates. There are FAR too many of them. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How, and I repeat, HOW am I the only one complaining about this? There has been almost 20 gigs worth of updates these past few weeks. Every time I turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GrayFoxNULL, Aug 25, 2014.

1. GrayFoxNULL
    GrayFoxNULL Guest

How, and I repeat, HOW am I the only one complaining about this? There has been almost 20 gigs worth of updates these past few weeks. Every time I turn it on there seems to be a insanely
    [Mod Removed] large 2000mb+ update waiting on me. And I can never tell what the hell they are for. What do they add? And more importantly, why the hell are there so
    [Mod Removed]many of them? If I sound frustrated, it's because I am. I am seriously considering trading my XBone in. I do not have time to play games like I used to and every time I start up my XBone I am treated to that smug "It's time to
    update!" message. Well, I have a message for MS, "It's time for me to update to strictly Sony!" Seriously MS, please, PLEASE stop with the weekly updates. It's out of of hand and a waste of time and, more importantly, a waste of data. How in the holy hell
    anyone with a data cap could afford this system is beyond me. I would really love to know I'm not the only one extremely annoyed at this. But I can't find anyone else talking about it. At all. And it baffles me. It truly does.

:)

GrayFoxNULL, Aug 25, 2014
  2. Microsoft please explain.

"Exclusions apply" is in the fine print. There are quit a lot of exclusions, far too many to list on the back of a card.

Link to them please. Why are there so many exclusions on what I can't spend my money on?

King Q l 11 l, Aug 25, 2014
  3. Hybridizm
    Hybridizm Guest
    Why Did They Add That? 10 Terrible Game Features

The collectibles in Far Cry 3 wound me up. Sure they were rewarding but there were FAR too many of them.

Hybridizm, Aug 25, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

I would like to apologize on behalf of Microsoft(No I do not work for Microsoft/Xbox or any affiliated company) for trying to make the Xbox One's UI better and add things that arebeing requested. You are fully within your rights to be upset and switch to
    Sony. Dont come crying back here when you realize Sony takes their service offline for maintence, no added features and still missing things promised at their initial reveal.

x24hrs2livex, Aug 25, 2014
  5. ive had one 335mb update inthe last 3 weeks where has 20gig come from

cheesyhunter1, Aug 25, 2014
  6. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest
    Xbox evolves, plain and simple. As the above poster said ^above^. The Xbox Team listens and implements wanted features. And improves upon the OS and UI. Personally I love it. And hope more keep coming. At no point in this generation do I want my system
    to grow stagnant.

Sorry to hear about your data cap, i would be more frustrated with that than my Xbox becoming better.

NxtDoc1851, Aug 25, 2014
  7. User_22
    User_22 Guest
    The more updates the better. If you don't like updates or don't want the system to get better, then you shouldn't own an X1. You should definitely get a PS4, because Sony rarely does updates, which is one of the reasons why my PS4 is back in the box. = )

User_22, Aug 25, 2014
  8. DEACON
    DEACON Guest

i think he's exaggerating. there haven't been any public updates in the frequency he's suggesting. game updates? maybe. but system updates ? no. at any rate, why not do Instant On mode so that it updates while you're away etc and you don't have to worry
    about 'em if there even are any.

DEACON, Aug 25, 2014
  9. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    @OP...system updates? Or game updates?

Burnin TODI, Aug 25, 2014
  10. if you leave your xbox in standby, they happen overnight and you never see them anyway

Upinya Slayin, Aug 25, 2014
  11. JG3-LV3
    JG3-LV3 Guest
    I ALWAYS appreciate updates. I hate companies that that do not offer updates ($@^^$ung) for their products...but some of the update file sizes are ridiculous. Especially the TUs. My X1 is pretty much full, and I only have 14 games, and some like Fighter
    Within, and Kinect Rivals that I have never even installed/played. It IS frustrating.

I wish it was like the old days where the game would read from directly from the disc.

JG3-LV3, Aug 25, 2014
  12. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    The best for you is to unplung your console from internet.No more updates.....

But after that,you might complain that you console doesn't get better over time....

Hard choice,i know....

Tzar of kaos, Aug 25, 2014
  13. pkvas
    pkvas Guest

If that's your reason to switch to ps4 you're going to be extremely disappointed they update more than MS does

pkvas, Aug 25, 2014
  14. What are you complaining about? We're only getting one update a day.

lol

DocHolliday 7, Aug 25, 2014
  15. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    this is the same guy that probably complained that the XB was released as an unfinished product... then complains when they complete it...

tohellnbak, Aug 25, 2014
Thema:

1. Updates. There are FAR too many of them. - Similar Threads - Updates are FAR

2. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  3. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  4. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  5. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  6. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  7. My Xbox doesn’t want to update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t want to update: I have my Xbox and I haven’t turned it on for a long time, and now that I have it to my brother it turns on and everything but it says we need to update the console, but when we try updating it it...
  8. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  9. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  10. Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...: Refer to the question. I really need help. d3a20978-1e9a-46f2-a2fc-dda6ff22ad25