Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

Discus and support Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I need help finding out why updates are so much larger for me than other people. Some games I have to stop playing completely because of the update... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/VomitBath_, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

I need help finding out why updates are so much larger for me than other people. Some games I have to stop playing completely because of the update sizes. I have a first gen console and I play online using a 50GB hotspot. I could just take my xbox to a friend's house to update or install games but its too much of a hassle. I recently got an update for Apex worth 40GB while everyone else only had 18GB. Its like this for every single game, not just apex, and I want to know if there's a fix for it.

submitted by /u/VomitBath_
    [link] [comments]

/u/VomitBath_, Dec 8, 2021
  2. WesleyReinitz Win User

Xbox 1X games reinstall completely whenever and update is needed for any game.

My update showed as 40GB my friends update was only 4GB. Other times i have seen 60GB on games like call of duty black ops 4. It shouldnt be that large of an update especially since it was bigger than the game itsef.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox series x updates bigger than my friends

Hello there @ITs Peter x, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh to show the same amount it has. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

unhappy long time xbox user

That update is bigger than some games. Yikes! I wonder why game updates are so big now when they seemed so miniscule on the 360. It's not like the games are that much bigger...yet.
  5. AttackSloth32 Win User

39 Hour Installation Time

Unity took me a whack of time to install as well (probably about two days). Judging by your other download times, it sounds like your internet speed isn't the problem. You can still play a game after a certain percentage of download, though. I never really
    paid attention to how much space Unity was compared to a shooter like Battlefield 4, but I'm assuming it is much bigger than most shooting games, much bigger than Black Flag (which was just an updated for One version), and larger than Wolfenstein.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Lego Jurassic World Version Mismatch.

Even if there is no game saves, the update will still be stored where a game save would be, usually in the games and apps folder. (if the update is bigger than 5mb)
Thema:

Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

1. Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends - Similar Threads - Updates games are

2. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  3. Xbox app PC automatically updating games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app PC automatically updating games: i turned off auto updating but app doesn't care submitted by /u/Soroush_ [link] [comments]
  4. My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My game disappeared after updated the xbox app pc: My game disappeared after did the xbox update 6b7b44e0-ff96-4f24-9c0d-f7d10c31565f
  5. How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix updating issue for both disc and digital games: Earlier I was trying to play rdr2 then the game said it needed an update so I clicked update then it said installation cancelled tired to do it agian same thing. So I then restart the xbox which...
  6. Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are games not automatically updating even when the checkbox is checked in settings?: Everytime a game needs to update it gets stuck in the updates section until I click update all, even though under the updates settings I have the checkbox checked for auto updating? Xbox Series X...
  7. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  8. An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added

in XboX Insiders
    An option to disable mandatory updates on games should be added: Please, try to add an option to skip updates from games. I would love to be able to insert my disc and play, with the console online, without it pushing me to update in order for me to launch the...
  9. Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ever since i updated my controllier ive had no voice chat can hear games but no chat: I updated my controllier and now cant talk in games or hear people can hear game and in messages can send. Voice message but i can hear it but who i send it to can thn i cannot hear reply...
  10. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...