Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

Discus and support Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Owens2, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Sam Owens2
    Sam Owens2 Guest

Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store app, running a PowerShell command that I've seen in other articles/threads.

:)

Sam Owens2, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Sam Owens2,

We are happy to hear that the problem you had with updating gaming services has been resolved. We’re glad we were able to help you!

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts)."

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

3. Sam Owens2 Win User

Thanks for your reply Tomm_A, instruction 5 solved my problem. Appreciate your time and help.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Sam Owens2,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having challenges in playing game through Xbox app due to an error. Let us work as a team to identify what is causing the error and be able to perform some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue in a timely manner.

This error code 0x80073cf9 usually indicates a problem with the Windows Store updates that fails or the app permissions.

We appreciate for trying some relatable troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue. If we may ask, are you using third-party antivirus program? If yes, try disabling it for a while when performing other steps presented below:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

3. Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    4. Repair the game

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Verify and repair.
    5. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    6. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game

> If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game might help. Occasionally, game files may get corrupted or altered, especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. II Moxie xx Win User

PC: Unable to install games from Microsoft Store / Xbox app, error 0x80073cf9, long post

Error 0x80073CF9 is a severity failure error usually seen on the Windows Store Updates when they fail. ... In some cases, trying to download or update an app through the Windows Store causes the 0x80073CF9 error to appear, which stops all further app downloads and updates.

appuals.com/how-to-fix-windows-10-store-error-0x80073cf9
  6. Ryley Campbell Win User

audio issue with xbox apps

I am unable to but before I updated to windows 11 it did not do this
Thema:

1. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9 - Similar Threads - Updated windows unable

2. Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11

in XboX Insiders
    Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11: Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11. It's been going on for weeks. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox identity provider displays an error when trying to update on Windows 11.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox identity provider displays an error when trying to update on Windows 11.: It shows a mistake on our side. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  5. My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller needs Windows to be completely updated to work - any way to delay it?: I have an old rock candy wired controller that I have been using for years. Since getting Windows 11 whenever I want to use it it I need to check for updates through Windows Update and install...
  6. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  7. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  8. I can not download anything not even a windows update!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not download anything not even a windows update!?: See what's happening [img] 448a7bb3-707a-4045-b8c9-7a9908e50fd6
  9. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  10. Unable to update Minecraft for windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update Minecraft for windows: My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it through the Microsoft Store, I encountered an...