Updated gamertag now i dont have minecraft java

Discus and support Updated gamertag now i dont have minecraft java in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my gamer tag a while ago so today I logged out and in again on xbox so it would update there and it did. After that when I open minecraft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Autumnfox, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Autumnfox
    Autumnfox Guest

I changed my gamer tag a while ago so today I logged out and in again on xbox so it would update there and it did. After that when I open minecraft launcher it says to buy java? I have all my installions and everything there.

:)

Autumnfox, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Autumnfox my name is Oskayra I am independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

It seems like changing your gamertag might have caused a temporary hiccup with your Minecraft Java license recognition. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and get your access back:

1. Restart your launcher and PC: Sometimes a simple restart can clear temporary glitches that might be affecting license verification. Close the Minecraft launcher completely, restart your computer, and then launch the launcher again.

2. Check your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on the Minecraft website and ensure your Mojang account is successfully linked. If not, follow the instructions to link them properly.

3. Verify your purchase: Go to your Microsoft account's order history and locate the purchase for Minecraft Java. Check if the order is listed as completed and if there are any error messages associated with it.

4. Check for updates: Launch the Minecraft launcher and click on the profile icon in the top right corner. Select "Manage profile" and then "Check for updates." This will ensure you have the latest launcher version, which might address any compatibility issues with your gamertag change.

Remember, be patient and persistent. These issues can sometimes be resolved quickly, but it might take a bit of back-and-forth with support to identify the exact cause and implement the right solution.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions or need additional advice.
  3. Pierce H. Win User

No free gametag change

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this is the only way to get a gamertag change right now. However, I did want to clarify that your Minecraft Java username is separate from your gamertag. In-game your username will display your Minecraft Java username and not your gamertag. You are free to change your Minecraft Java username as many times as you would like for free after each waiting period. I hope this answered your question.

Thanks,

4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft

are you playing minecraft java edition or bedrock, as java i think does not use your gamertag. as you mentioned the minecraft launcher.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Minecraft: 2 Xbox accounts under one email?

Rest assured that the Xbox profile gamertag does not have anything to do with your Minecraft Java gamertag, they are stored on different databases and different servers.

When you sign in on the Minecraft website it does show that you own Java Edition, right?
  6. Kathy A. Win User

My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java Edition despite already having Bedrock Edition. What else do I have to do?

Hello Fynn202,

Thanks for the update.

Yes, if you once had a Minecraft for Android, you would have the no Buy Now in Minecraft website, that means you have played the Android/iOS version of the game. If you have purchase Minecraft Java and Bedrock Edition (this is package for Windows OS), both Java and Bedrock should show no Buy Now option.

For your concern, there is no free Minecraft Java edition for Android version of Minecraft Bedrock, reason is that Java is only for PC version not mobile. The offer is for the ones with Minecraft Bedrock or Minecraft for Windows license to have a free Minecraft Java edition.

Hope that will clear out the confusion. We hope you will enjoy Minecraft in your mobile.

Stay safe and have a great day!

Regards,

Thema:

1. Updated gamertag now i dont have minecraft java - Similar Threads - Updated gamertag dont

2. My gamertag isn’t updating anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My gamertag isn’t updating anywhere: I paid money to change my gamertag (XD Chasey) maybe over a week ago now for the primary reason of changing my fortnite name. I made the switch to the gamertag (MY5TERYツ) However, my Fortnite name...
  3. Gamertag not updating?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag not updating?: Hi. I changed my gamertag about 5 days ago. When I turn on xbox it says "welcome, with new gamertag". However, when I log in to play online it is still using old gamertag. How do I update this?...
  4. I can't update my Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't update my Gamertag: I am trying to change my Gamertag and I get something like the gamertag is inappropriate or does not comply with the policies, the truth is I don't understand English very well, I simply want to...
  5. Why wont my gamertag update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my gamertag update?: So, for some reason, online and on my Microsoft account, my account tag is , but its still the autogenerated one on my xbox and Minecraft profile. Why wont it update?...
  6. Gamertags not updating fluidly across devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertags not updating fluidly across devices: Paid $20 for new gamertags on my husband's account along with mine and I am still seeing both old tags on certain devices. For instance, on PC on my profile it shows both old gamertags on the Xbox...
  7. Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?: I just changed my gamertag and when i open fable 2 it shows my old name and when i sign in it just simply says i cant connect to xbox live and doesnt load any of my data but i can play back 4...
  8. Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated

in XBoX Accessibility
    Paid for gamertag change gamertag still hasn't updated: Gamertag still hasn't updated almost a day later 800a9ee0-03fe-421e-868b-01f92c7b2f43
  9. Gamertag change not updating on android app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag change not updating on android app: Hi. I've just set up a series x today and signed in on my old 360 account. I've changed my gamertag on my console but the app still shows my original tag. When I sign out and resign in it shows my...
  10. Why hasn't my gamertag updated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why hasn't my gamertag updated?: I have changed my gamertag to GunsNGenerals but for some reason every time I open up the app it shows my old gamertag. How do I fix it to display my updated username?...