Updated earlier today?

Discus and support Updated earlier today? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So last night I left my XB1 on so it would download Alien: Isolation. When I got up in the morning it said I was not connected to XBL. After... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DisturbedShifty, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Updated earlier today?

So last night I left my XB1 on so it would download Alien: Isolation. When I got up in the morning it said I was not connected to XBL. After rebooting it told me I had an a system update needing to download. Can anyone tell me what the update was about?
    I had already downloaded the February update so I am not sure what this update was for.

:)

DisturbedShifty, Feb 18, 2015
  2. Deleting threads about post party chat ban

The sticky was updated earlier today. Go check it out!

Theory of Game, Feb 18, 2015
  3. apostle92627
    apostle92627 Guest
    Upload studio won't update.

I tried earlier and somehow it updated on it's own.

apostle92627, Feb 18, 2015
  4. soccerp1ay3r
    soccerp1ay3r Guest

Updated earlier today?

soccerp1ay3r, Feb 18, 2015
  5. soccerp1ay3r Win User

Updated earlier today?

6. bmoney2000 Win User

Xbox console companion app keeps crashing

i updated the app earlier today
  7. His Demon Queen Win User

my game deleted itself

There was an update earlier today, so possibly the update was cancelled and uninstalled your game?
  8. Assassin-7DEB02B5-24 Win User

Account was hacked earlier this today

@NGO - While congress compelled Sony and Epilson to testify before them back in June regarding the breach, no law exists at a federal level to compel corporations to notify subscribers of a breach. While several states do have their own notification laws,
    not all are upheld nor has any state (as far as I've read or can recollect) sued a corporation for failure to notify following a breach as required by that state's law.

I imagine what will come out of this is proposd legislation to require corporations to comply at a federal level. However in an election year and considering a federal law would attempt to superscede a state's right to its own legal provisions -- that any
    attempt federally will fail. All it would take is one state (ahem... California... ahem...) to challenge it to have it die.

This all being said. Even if Microsoft is aware of a breach, they can deny... deny... deny... unless congress compels them, someone subpoena's, indicts or sues them as a result of an alleged breach.

Again, Microsoft will and can continue to deny a breach -- IF one has happened -- as they seem fit unless they are (1) compelled by a legal body to divulge it, (2) are outed by a news agency/investigative reporter or (3) a state sues them for failure to
    notify if it becomes aware that a breach has occured through their own investigation (i.e. State Attorney General's office).

What's also not covered in many state laws (including the one in my own state) is the scope to which such a notification law applies? Does it apply to one account breach, 100, 1000 or somewhere higher? In my state, the notification law requires a percentage
    of customers residing in the state. If that's 1%, and assuming Microsoft has 33 million subscribers worldwide - that leaves 330,000 subscribers need to be affected in my state alone. If that's not the case, MS doesn't have to notify ANYONE.

To the OP - file a UA w/ phone support. Consider creating a new WLID and moving your account/gamertag to the new WLID (either before the UA starts or immediately after it concludes), avoid "secret passphrases" for security checks, use the Trusted PC or
    SMS option WLID provides and randomize your password. Avoid using the same new WLID anywhere else. Leave your XBL subcription tied to an account that's 'on an island' -- linked to nothing else but your XBL / Gamertag.
  9. Rahayge Win User

Account was hacked earlier this today

please link articles of ea being hacked. Facts please. Please prove to me that my ea account was hacked, and inturn the hackers tried it on my xbl account. I would like to see ea's company statement stating that they were hacked, and no i did not receive
    an email stating that i needed to change my password. I Started my Ea account in October.

I listed my years gaming, and internet shopping to validate that i am in fact very careful when it comes to link/using real world funds over the web. I purposely linked those two accounts .....
Thema:

Updated earlier today?

1. Updated earlier today? - Similar Threads - Updated earlier today

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  8. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  9. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  10. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...