Update problem - maybe bad hard disk

Discus and support Update problem - maybe bad hard disk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Old 360 Arcade dated early 2009 with a 120 gb hard disk from some Amazon.ca reseller back then. Worked great over the year although overall performance... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by H Lo, Dec 4, 2014.

1. H Lo
    H Lo Guest

Old 360 Arcade dated early 2009 with a 120 gb hard disk from some Amazon.ca reseller back then. Worked great over the year although overall performance seems to be in decline for last few months.

Update failed tonight. Tried a bunch of things from http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/9/t/1821911.aspx including USB, disc tray, remove/re-attach hard disk. Here the error codes I got:

42FC-0000-3080-0508-8007-0468

42FC-0000-3000-0800-D000-016B

42FC-0000-3080-051C-D000-0185

42FC-0000-3080-0508-D000-016B

I even started looking at possible sale for newer xbox 360. The newest ones are not so good for me since I use the original adapter for VGA and it only means I need to get a HDMI->VGA adapter if I buy the newest.

I end up digging up my older 20gb hard disk that I packed away in bags when I got the 120gb 5.5 yrs back. It worked fast and update finished. All good for now. Actually this old 20gb was used for about a year before the xbox it came with went RROD, it is
    newer in mileage than my bigger drive.

Conclusion: before you throw the xbox out or send in for repair, see whether you can swap the hard disk for a test.

:)

H Lo, Dec 4, 2014
  2. RATHAL0S 360
    RATHAL0S 360 Guest
    Xbox 360s problems?

the forza 3 installation is still a problem...maybe a bad disk?

RATHAL0S 360, Dec 4, 2014
  3. f1ghtmebr0
    f1ghtmebr0 Guest
    What's wrong with my account?

I don't think this a problem with your profile. From what you wrote it seems like an issue with the game. I'm assuming that it is a disk. Try installing the disk to your hard drive. I recommend installing all games if you have the memory. This just seems
    to be a problem with the disk being read. About the system update just let the update update. Let me know if Installing the game to your hard drive fixes it.

f1ghtmebr0, Dec 4, 2014
  4. MikeBush
    MikeBush Guest

This worked for me when I received status code 42FC-0000-3080-0508-d000-0185

MikeBush, Dec 6, 2014
  5. MikeBush Win User

This worked for me when I received status code 42FC-0000-3080-0508-d000-0185
  6. RATHAL0S 360 Win User

Xbox 360s problems?

the forza 3 installation is still a problem...maybe a bad disk?
  7. SammyVS Win User

External USB recordings

Maybe. I researched the problem and most of the time it was solved by completely formatting the disk. Maybe this works but the file on the hard drive will be lost.
  8. DerVaddi Win User

Forza horizon xbox 360

a couple of years ago an update came for the xbox 360 that you can connect external hard disks, right? maybe that's a solution
  9. HyperVenom523 Win User

Issue with Xbox One reading discs

Maybe the rental disks are bad or something else!!
Thema:

1. Update problem - maybe bad hard disk - Similar Threads - Update problem maybe

2. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  3. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  4. Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates

in XboX Insiders
    Console shutdown problem after the latest ALPHA ring updates: After the latest ALPHA ring updates, I noticed that the console takes a long time to turn off, I have the console in energy saving mode. I also found the console turned off but instead it was...
  5. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  6. Dolby audio problems after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby audio problems after latest update: Alpha Ring — Dolby atmos and Dolby digital no longer works after the latest update. No audio from the system, games, movies or blu-ray when Dolby output selected. Anyone else having Dolby audio...
  7. Please fix capture problem since update..

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix capture problem since update..: Any way to fix this ? submitted by /u/Usual-Assistant8369 [link] [comments]
  8. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  9. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  10. Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...: Hello, so I'm kinda new in all this console repairing thing so I don't know a lot and I would need some help. I recently got a second hand Xbox One S, and it had image problems, it wouldn't show...