Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”

Discus and support Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…” in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m trying to update Dead by Daylight but the download keeps freezing and says “finishing things up…” and doesn’t progress the download at all. It’s... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/sparrow4520, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”

I’m trying to update Dead by Daylight but the download keeps freezing and says “finishing things up…” and doesn’t progress the download at all. It’s been frozen for over an hour. I do not know what to do to fix this

submitted by /u/sparrow4520
    [link] [comments]

/u/sparrow4520, Feb 15, 2024
  2. ScottishLaaaaad Win User

GTA 5 - took about 8 hours to install on Xbox One (digital preorder)

Hey guys, I bought the digital of gta5 yesterday and began installing it. It began at 6:45pm and 'finished' at 3am the next day. However when i clicked on it to play, it popped up saying i needed to update it so it began and after 20 mins it said i could
    begin playing which i tried. Big mistake. Now it is on the gta5 startup screen and is saying "installing 44%" and when i go back to my games and apps it says "updating 14%"??? Also it has been stuck on that for an hour. Why did the first installation restart
    again, it seems that both the installation and the update are both in progress but i cant pause the update without pausing the installation!!! Would it be worth restarting?
  3. ChuckTerry1 Win User

Xbox live keeps booting me in Modern Warfare Warzone

My xbox one keeps saying updating . Then finishing up and still canr start the game . Been doing this off and on all day. Close down doesnt work
  4. blondeb5000 Win User

being disconnected from Live exactly 5minutes after starting a game :(

oh and the txt thing. its just pauses my game and pops up saying something like "cannot connect to Xbox Live"
  5. JUST DO IT415 Win User

Resident Evil 2 Uninstalled After Cancelling An Update

When you start the update install, it's basically setting up your game file to do its update. What I usually do is pause the update until I'm ready to finish the download.
  6. Z00 Ace Win User

Call of duty - modern warfare

I'm having the same problem here. I downloaded the latest update and the game says it's at 100% of the download but it won't finish.. just keeps saying updating. If I try and start the game it boots up super slow. Took several minutes just to get to the
    main screen. I dont want to lose all my files.. is there a solution to this problem?
Thema:

Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…”

1. Update keeps saying pausing and says “finishing things up…” - Similar Threads - Update keeps saying

2. After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last update, I can't not sign in. Keep on getting an error code. Never happened...: After last update I keep on getting an error code never happened before. Now everytime I sign in it automatically takes me to my microsoft account. Never happened before. Now I'm stuck with an...
  3. Why does fortnite keep updating every day

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does fortnite keep updating every day: Every day I get on my Xbox and I check to see if I can play fortnite but I can't because it says it needs to update and then I update it and the next day it restarts updating....
  4. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  5. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  6. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  7. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  8. My call of duty update just keeps saying installation stopped

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My call of duty update just keeps saying installation stopped: My call of duty update just keeps saying installation stopped 87cf7ee1-c0d8-498b-8bab-b68031d45444
  9. how do I fix my xbox it keeps saying there was a problem with the update and keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do I fix my xbox it keeps saying there was a problem with the update and keeps...: how do I fix my xbox it keeps saying there was a problem with the update and keeps disconnecting from my wifi its been happening for over a week fbb0b5ae-bb4d-4015-89a0-8b3ad44b6efe
  10. Won't let me update my Mobile Number to redeem points keeps saying I am Human then nothing!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Won't let me update my Mobile Number to redeem points keeps saying I am Human then nothing!: Trying to update my Mobile Number and passing the Robot test but it only stays on the success page and will not let me update my number. Tried different Browsers and clearing Cache....