Upcoming controller update

Discus and support Upcoming controller update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Picked up a play and charge kit today, been meaning to get one for a while anyway Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MetalGearFloppy, Feb 28, 2014.

  1. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest

    Upcoming controller update


    Picked up a play and charge kit today, been meaning to get one for a while anyway
     
    neilhorgan, Mar 5, 2014
    #31
  2. A phone charger cable works fine btw,aslong as its gt the mini usb,which most mobiles do now.u dont have to use the plug n play kit one,the way its layed out its like it says u have to use the pnp kit,you dont, save yaself 25 quid.
     
    xPsycoticBreakx, Mar 5, 2014
    #32
  3. jedi 6411
    jedi 6411 Guest
    I have a kelux charge kit but when i try to do update it will not do it any help please
     
    jedi 6411, Mar 6, 2014
    #33
  4. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest

    Upcoming controller update

    Updated both my controllers today with the play and charge cable
     
    neilhorgan, Mar 6, 2014
    #34
  5. zico291
    zico291 Guest
    I used my PS4 controller charging cable to update.
     
    zico291, Mar 7, 2014
    #35
  6. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    I'm now having sync issues with my controller - anyone else?

    I've resorted to using the controller wired to prevent any disconnects - Spoke with support and they seem to think its interference?
     
    neilhorgan, Mar 7, 2014
    #36
  7. Hi new to Xbox one is this update a must do or can i just let things be as all is working fine as is ?
     
    GE0RGE A ROMERO, Mar 7, 2014
    #37
  8. Mr Boozyhead
    Mr Boozyhead Guest

    Upcoming controller update

    ^^^ I've not updated the controller and I've not had any probs (so far) !!
     
    Mr Boozyhead, Mar 7, 2014
    #38
  9. Campo
    Campo Guest
    You only need to update the controller if you are going to use the new headset adapter.
     
    Campo, Mar 8, 2014
    #39
  10. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    No idea exactly whats going on, but I can no longer get my controllers to wireless sync with the console

    I updated one but not the other so it can't be the update itself

    Anyway, spoke to support and they think its hardware related, so they're sending me a new unit (advanced exchange) thankfully i've got a usb cable so i can still use my console wired 'til the new one arrives!
     
    neilhorgan, Oct 31, 2018
    #40
  11. II Enix II Win User

    Upcoming controller update

    @ PlatinumSpectre - I used the play and charge kit cable.
  12. neilhorgan Win User

    Upcoming controller update

    ^ Today apparently - I've seen a few reports of people getting already over on REDDIT
  13. maxen Win User

    Upcoming controller update

    I'm fairly sure you need to plug it in to update, however it does not need to be a Play & Charge Kit. Any MicroUSB cable will do. If you have any non-Apple smartphone from the past several years you'll have one of these.
  14. MetalGearFloppy Win User
  15. Azrael008uk Win User

    Upcoming controller update

    Flukey says...

    "You do need a cable because when i went to update the controller it said to use a usb cable and dont move the controller during the update"

    But I have a few buddies who have play & charge kits who have not been asked to do the same.

    Also why would Microsoft ask people to perform an update that they can't perform unless they own a play & charge kit?

    Something's not right here.
Thema:

Upcoming controller update

Loading...
  1. Upcoming controller update - Similar Threads - Upcoming controller update

  2. A note about upcoming experience tests for Insiders

    in XboX Insiders
    A note about upcoming experience tests for Insiders: Hey XBOX Insiders! Just wanted to call your attention to the below, which appeared in the Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead system update release notes yesterday. The main thing to be aware of is you...
  3. Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes: As someone who enjoyed my time with the ad supported cloud streaming enough to subscribe to game pass essential, the update regarding cloud streaming being limited is extremely disappointing. For...
  4. Clean up the Microsoft Store — hide unavailable content, organize upcoming releases, and...

    in XboX Insiders
    Clean up the Microsoft Store — hide unavailable content, organize upcoming releases, and...: The Microsoft Store on Xbox is powerful, but it can feel cluttered and confusing. To improve the user experience, the Store should be cleaner, more organized, and better at showing only relevant...
  5. New Xbox announced by the Sarah Bond recently upcoming one working together with AMD.

    in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox announced by the Sarah Bond recently upcoming one working together with AMD.: What are the new Xbox announced recently by the Microsoft working together with AMD? submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  6. Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.

    in XboX Insiders
    Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.: I hope the sneak preview ultimate members are getting isn't the entire sale because in my opinion it kinda sucks. You'd think people in the insider program would get to see the list early....
  7. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  8. New tracers in upcoming call of duty games please.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    New tracers in upcoming call of duty games please.: I am the biggest fan of tracers in call of duty. Can we please buy a tracers pack in any color we want for our guns in call of duty. I would like to buy a blue or teal tracer pack for my bullets...
  9. Upcoming Forza Motorsport - Please add Ford Probe GT or Mazda MX6 to game

    in XboX Insiders
    Upcoming Forza Motorsport - Please add Ford Probe GT or Mazda MX6 to game: You've confirmed coupes like the Volkswagen Corrado, Honda Prelude, Miata and even the Toyota Celica. We are long overdue for the Ford Probe 1989 Turbo and 1993 V6 GT (also the Mazda MX6 to a...
  10. How do I contact Microsoft about the upcoming Xbox Series S in black? All of the menus lead...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I contact Microsoft about the upcoming Xbox Series S in black? All of the menus lead...: Can somebody please let me know if the new Xbox Series S in black will have a detachable ssd? I am aware of the Error 208 issue, so this would potentially alleviate that to some degree?...