Upcoming controller update

Discus and support Upcoming controller update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MetalGearFloppy, Feb 28, 2014.

  1. Upcoming controller update

    MetalGearFloppy, Mar 3, 2014
    #16
  2. Campo
    Campo Guest
    [quote user="MetalGearFloppy"]

    Not even sure why it'll need a cable to update tbh

    [/quote]

    It's a standard thing with firmware updates to ensure the power does not go off half way through.
     
    Campo, Mar 3, 2014
    #17
  3. ... yet I can update my phones firmware without via wifi....
     
    MetalGearFloppy, Mar 3, 2014
    #18
  4. Campo
    Campo Guest

    Upcoming controller update

    But it probably wont let you if the battery level is low.
     
    Campo, Mar 3, 2014
    #19
  5. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Well it sounds to me that a USB cable is not "required" for the update or MS would have to send us all one.
     
    Azrael008uk, Mar 3, 2014
    #20
  6. It is, you'll get a usb cable with the chat adaptor/stereo headset which is what the firmware update is for
     
    Senses Fai1ed, Mar 3, 2014
    #21
  7. maxen
    maxen Guest
    I'm fairly sure you need to plug it in to update, however it does not need to be a Play & Charge Kit. Any MicroUSB cable will do. If you have any non-Apple smartphone from the past several years you'll have one of these.
     
    maxen, Mar 3, 2014
    #22
  8. Hawker1988
    Hawker1988 Guest

    Upcoming controller update

    Any word on when the march update is arriving?
     
    Hawker1988, Mar 3, 2014
    #23
  9. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    ^ Today apparently - I've seen a few reports of people getting already over on REDDIT
     
    neilhorgan, Mar 3, 2014
    #24
  10. toonarmy206
    toonarmy206 Guest
    I used the data cable from my Samsung S2 which worked fine to update the controller.
     
    toonarmy206, Mar 3, 2014
    #25
  11. Jazza_uk
    Jazza_uk Guest
    The March update, is for compatibility with the new headset adaptor. From what I've read, when you plug the adaptor into the controller it will prompt you to update the controller, which requires a usb/plug and charge cable.

    More info on how to update is on the
    Xbox Support Page
     
    Jazza_uk, Mar 3, 2014
    #26
  12. Jazza_uk
    Jazza_uk Guest
    Doh, I replied to the end of Page 1, not realising there was a page 2 Upcoming controller update :(
     
    Jazza_uk, Mar 3, 2014
    #27
  13. II Enix II
    II Enix II Guest

    Upcoming controller update

    I've updated all of my pads today, post patch.

    >Settings

    >System

    >Update Controller

    USB needed.
     
    II Enix II, Mar 5, 2014
    #28
  14. What kind of cable does it use? I though it was micro USB but none of mine fit. So in order to update my controller I now have to buy a play and charge kit? great...
     
    PlatinumSpectre, Mar 5, 2014
    #29
  15. II Enix II
    II Enix II Guest
    @ PlatinumSpectre - I used the play and charge kit cable.
     
    II Enix II, Mar 5, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Upcoming controller update

Loading...
  1. Upcoming controller update - Similar Threads - Upcoming controller update

  2. A note about upcoming experience tests for Insiders

    in XboX Insiders
    A note about upcoming experience tests for Insiders: Hey XBOX Insiders! Just wanted to call your attention to the below, which appeared in the Alpha and Alpha Skip Ahead system update release notes yesterday. The main thing to be aware of is you...
  3. Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes

    in XboX Insiders
    Regarding Upcoming Xbox Cloud Gaming Changes: As someone who enjoyed my time with the ad supported cloud streaming enough to subscribe to game pass essential, the update regarding cloud streaming being limited is extremely disappointing. For...
  4. Clean up the Microsoft Store — hide unavailable content, organize upcoming releases, and...

    in XboX Insiders
    Clean up the Microsoft Store — hide unavailable content, organize upcoming releases, and...: The Microsoft Store on Xbox is powerful, but it can feel cluttered and confusing. To improve the user experience, the Store should be cleaner, more organized, and better at showing only relevant...
  5. New Xbox announced by the Sarah Bond recently upcoming one working together with AMD.

    in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox announced by the Sarah Bond recently upcoming one working together with AMD.: What are the new Xbox announced recently by the Microsoft working together with AMD? submitted by /u/AppointmentGrand8780 [link] [comments]
  6. Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.

    in XboX Insiders
    Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.: I hope the sneak preview ultimate members are getting isn't the entire sale because in my opinion it kinda sucks. You'd think people in the insider program would get to see the list early....
  7. To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    To upgrade yourself on the upcoming digital series x as the xbox gamer or stick with the...: To upgrade yourself as the xbox gamer on the upcoming digital series x or stick with current series x the one with the disk drive? What I should do on this case or the situation on the scenario?...
  8. New tracers in upcoming call of duty games please.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    New tracers in upcoming call of duty games please.: I am the biggest fan of tracers in call of duty. Can we please buy a tracers pack in any color we want for our guns in call of duty. I would like to buy a blue or teal tracer pack for my bullets...
  9. Upcoming Forza Motorsport - Please add Ford Probe GT or Mazda MX6 to game

    in XboX Insiders
    Upcoming Forza Motorsport - Please add Ford Probe GT or Mazda MX6 to game: You've confirmed coupes like the Volkswagen Corrado, Honda Prelude, Miata and even the Toyota Celica. We are long overdue for the Ford Probe 1989 Turbo and 1993 V6 GT (also the Mazda MX6 to a...
  10. How do I contact Microsoft about the upcoming Xbox Series S in black? All of the menus lead...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I contact Microsoft about the upcoming Xbox Series S in black? All of the menus lead...: Can somebody please let me know if the new Xbox Series S in black will have a detachable ssd? I am aware of the Error 208 issue, so this would potentially alleviate that to some degree?...