unusual hard drive noise

Discus and support unusual hard drive noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hi, i bought an xbox one yesterday and i'm having some issues, whenever i put a disc on and launch the game, there's this "fan" noise comming from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keta57, Dec 3, 2014.

1. keta57
    keta57 Guest

unusual hard drive noise

hi, i bought an xbox one yesterday and i'm having some issues, whenever i put a disc on and launch the game, there's this "fan" noise comming from where the hard drive is, any idea on how it could be fixed? or do i have to get a new one?

:)

keta57, Dec 3, 2014
  2. wont read the disc

If a disc drive is making unusual clicking noises and refusing to read the disc, that's usually signs of drive failure, and your Xbox is likely going to need to be sent in for repair.

Internet Expert, Dec 3, 2014
  3. Xbox ONE vs S Noise

I think the original Xbox was the loudest console I owned. Even then, I never minded the noise, really. What kind of noise are you guys talking about? Fans, disc drive, or general clicky noises from the hard drive?

Bonemeal2pointOh, Dec 3, 2014
  4. TZ SourSkittle Win User

Xbox power cable static/sparking noises

Once the console plug(not the wall plug) is in, the spark noises start however at a “very” particular angle i can get the xbox to start without any unusual noise. But once i plug it in the spark noises start the power in the xbox will go on and off at
    time from receiving and cut power(i have an external hard drive connected to the xbox with a light to signal its on). Im assuming its the cord because the popping noise while kind of subtle doesnt sound muffled like its inside the xbox
  5. Internet Expert Win User

wont read the disc

6. NickG123 Win User

Xbox One Fan

No chirping noise, just an unusually loud fan.
  7. lllWormWoodlll Win User

Xbox one s freezes and takes forever to turn on and load up

is the console making any unusual noise like a ticking sound?
  8. Lowlife Madness Win User

Why did my Xbox One S beep and click

it was coming from the hard drive. i did an internet seach and the clicking noise was similar to the "hard drive click of death". A failing hard drive.

My cousin's xbox one S made the same clicking noise with no beep, the clicking in his xbox was coming from the fan
Thema:

unusual hard drive noise

1. unusual hard drive noise - Similar Threads - unusual hard drive

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. Microsoft locked my account for unusual activity.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft locked my account for unusual activity.: Hello all, I have reached a point of posting here, because I have quite literally had 0 luck elsewhere.. So one day I hop onto my Xbox as normal, I have never used Microsoft edge before but had...
  4. “Unusual Activity”

in XBoX Accessibility
    “Unusual Activity”: I’m having a lot of trouble getting into my account as it says “there has been unusual activity on your account”. I’ve tried the forms and using my personal information to prove that it is me -...
  5. My e mail has been blocked due to unusual activity how can I get on to my sons Xbox gamer...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My e mail has been blocked due to unusual activity how can I get on to my sons Xbox gamer...: My e mail has been blocked due to unusual activity how can I get on to my sons Xbox gamer tag with all game downloads on that account and a lot of money spent 537e6c70-649d-464a-91ed-8154f097c510
  6. My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I NEED it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I NEED it...: My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I don't know why. I am a veteran xbox user and have had this account for years. I try to log in 3 days ago and it's...
  7. I can’t get into my hotmail.account and was wondering it was saying unusual activity but my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t get into my hotmail.account and was wondering it was saying unusual activity but my...: I could really use some help with this question. Would really appreciate it 9319ddae-8f90-40a7-af61-e1672100f64c
  8. It won't let me play Call of Duty No More.. It detects unusual hardware

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It won't let me play Call of Duty No More.. It detects unusual hardware: It won't let me play call of duty no more because of suspicious hardware 55f5058e-ddfa-4efc-b8ab-5d6c6397d91f
  9. Unusual Xbox series X error. COD crashes on start and has strange green graphics.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unusual Xbox series X error. COD crashes on start and has strange green graphics.: I have recently bought a second brand and new Xbox (in a country with a lack of reputable technology shops/servicers) that I use when I’m working abroad. None of the big title games I have work on...
  10. What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...: Sorry to trouble you this but it's frustrating my account is not working and I can't recover it 2b29db81-b951-45a1-bc4e-ae9473878774