Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

Discus and support Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Starscourge Radahn1, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller

I bought an elite series 2 controller 6 months ago,and from 2 months ago I've encountered an issue where my right bumper does not register inputs unless I press it really hard,blowing air into the cavity in between the trigger and bumper seems to fix it for a while but it always comes back after a few clicks,I have tries compressed air as well as cleaning the edges of the bumper to remove any debris and nothing seems to work for long

:)

Starscourge Radahn1, Jun 14, 2024
  2. Starscourge Radahn1 Win User

Thank you for the advice,I have tried the app and it is very inconsistent sometimes it works perfect and others it doesn't at all,so I think replacement is the way,so I have the warranty,do I have to register it,then fill that repair form?
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Starscourge,

Yes, you need to register it first and then use the form.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Starscourge, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to check the controller test on the Xbox Accessories App?

Press the Xbox Guide Button > Settings > Devices & Connections > Controllers & Headsets > Enter Test Mode (Click on the Conical/Lab Flask Icon beside the three dots ...).

Then, please, test the buttons.

If it's damaged, and your controller is still under warranty, please, submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.
  5. Loacker Christoph Win User

Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

lmgtfy:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-xbox-elite-series-2-bumper/
    "The notorious Xbox Elite controller bumpers can and do fail..."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15...-controller-series-2-hardware-issues-warranty

"...The Verge has received reports of the face buttons getting stuck, or the Elite 2 not registering button presses."

here we go

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/elite-series-2-bumper-repair/387f68c4-16f7-432a-9518-1c1ae04d3a3f

I
    tried to fill out repair order, but, as mentioned above, those are the only options i got.

Bumper IS a known issue, as you can see.

Btw., it doenst matter what caused 2 years warranty, it is in place and i'm in the right to use it.
  6. Jhonkito Win User

Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

Hi Berserkerronnie, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I think it is the best solution to take advantage of your warranty, but if you have noticed that it is a generic problem and there are already several users experiencing this problem, it would be best to inform technical support in case it could be a failure. on the controls or on the console.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Click the green "Report" button and fill out the information as detailed as possible.

This way, Xbox will know there is a problem and can work to fix it as soon as possible.

Please note that in this public forum we are only players like you trying to guide and help other players. We are not Microsoft employees.

I appreciate your understanding and hope the issue is resolved soon.
Thema:

1. Unresponsive right bumper on elite series 2 controller - Similar Threads - Unresponsive right bumper

2. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  3. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  4. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...
  5. Unresponsive controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive controller: So my controller is unresponsive but connected. It's not in my xbox controller list, but it's connected no vibration feedback when holding the Xbox button and no movement when using joysticks or...
  6. joystick unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    joystick unresponsive: In the middle of playing and then I went to crouch with the right joystick in and it was unresponsive went to settings to try reset it he crouch then put it back on right stick in and it was...
  7. How do I fix my unresponsive Xbox Series S controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my unresponsive Xbox Series S controller?: I only just got this xbox less than a month ago (christmas present) and today my friend downloaded Tubi so we could watch a movie and the second the movie started, my controller became...
  8. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  9. Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller gen 2 right bumper unresponsive again: This is the second gen 2 elite controller after having my first one have the exact same issue and needing to have it replaced. My right bumper has started to be more and more unresponsive, this...
  10. My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.: I've had this controller (Which is a PDP model that is listed as being officially licensed by Xbox) for about six months now. Very suddenly it has begun to experience an issue where the left...