Unplugging Xbox Series S when in Standby mode

Discus and support Unplugging Xbox Series S when in Standby mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have an Xbox Series S connected to power through a smart socket. When I finish playing, I usually put my Xbox in standby mode and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Angelo Ghisi, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Angelo Ghisi
    Angelo Ghisi Guest

Hello everyone,

I have an Xbox Series S connected to power through a smart socket.

When I finish playing, I usually put my Xbox in standby mode and then I turn the socket off.

Using a smart socket is particularly useful if, for example, I need to connect to my Xbox from remote, because I can keep the Xbox unplugged (and thus saving energy), but I can turn it on whenever I need to connect.

After some tests I saw that if I put the Xbox in standby mode and I turn the smart socket off, the Xbox goes back in standby mode after turning the socket on again.

My question is: is turning the socket off when the Xbox in standby mode dangerous for the console?

Thank you

Angelo G.

:)

Angelo Ghisi, Apr 26, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Virtually all modern electronics have some kind of low power standby mode regardless reminding me. In this case it's listening for the wake up come in from your controller as well as housekeeping activities

Like I said, I don't recommend it,
  3. Angelo Ghisi Win User

I don’t know how good quality it can be, I bought it on Amazon, it’s one of those Chinese smart plugs…

I thought it could be dangerous for the Xbox as, I think, standby mode is somehow similar to on mode (as Xbox makes updates, receives remote commands etc…)

And cutting off power to a turned on device is not a good idea
  4. Angelo Ghisi Win User

Ok thank you very much.

If you don’t recommend it, do you know a way to wake up the Xbox remotely without having to keep it in standby mode (and thus consuming energy)?
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

As long as you're using a quality one, I don't see why it would be. Personally I would not be plugging and unplugging high-end electronics constantly, as it puts unnecessary stress on components. stress leading to failure? Probably not.
  6. QixAce Win User

Xbox series x psu noise (coil whine)

I have the same in xbox series S, only in dashboard / standby / turning on / restart, but not when gaming.
Thema:

1. Unplugging Xbox Series S when in Standby mode - Similar Threads - Unplugging Series Standby

2. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  3. Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?: I have a new gaming laptop "ASUS TUF Dash F15" and I want to handle the battery in the best way to keep it good and functional well and keep its lifetime for the longest time, so my question is:...
  4. Unplugging xbox one during reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Unplugging xbox one during reset?: Did I definitely break my console by doing this? submitted by /u/radiokilla123 [link] [comments]
  5. My Xbox series s was unplugged now I don’t get video

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s was unplugged now I don’t get video: It still turns on but it’s on were I have to choose my account and my controllers don’t connect and I can’t get any video 9ac69d6a-fbde-4d0f-80fb-9cd979a2d826
  6. My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I plugged it back in, all the games disappeared

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I plugged it back in, all the games disappeared: My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I turned the Xbox back on, nothing appears, apps/games, nothing and you can't go into anything, settings, anything, but the storage in the apps/game area...
  7. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  8. Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug: I got my xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 years ago, since I still use an Elite series 1 controller and it doesn't have bluetooth so i needed the adapter plugged in to my pc so i can...
  9. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  10. Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.: So, I've had trouble connecting with my Series S at times anyway, but was always able to work around it. However right now I'm quite lost. The internet in my apartment, which I share/get from my...