Unlink Microsoft acc from Xbox account

Discus and support Unlink Microsoft acc from Xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi when my son created an xbox acc he used my hotmail email address. Its now linked his xbox acc to my microsoft account. I want to remove it and add... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jOwen4, May 30, 2020.

1. jOwen4
    jOwen4 Guest

Hi

when my son created an xbox acc he used my hotmail email address. Its now linked his xbox acc to my microsoft account. I want to remove it and add his own email address. Is there a way i can remove my microsoft acc from his account?

:)

jOwen4, May 30, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

as you have a Hotmail account it is impossible to unlink it from the Xbox account.

if you remove a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account it will permanently delete the email account
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there jOwen4,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get everything set up in a way that is preferable for you and your child. If you create another account and start to use that one, then he will
    lose his achievements.

If you follow the steps provided here on Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account,
    you should be able to change the sign in info without losing them though.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reading!
  4. jOwen4 Win User

Thank you. If i create a new microsoft acc for him and add this to his xbox acc and remove mine will he lose all his achievements? And also by removing my acc will it delete my acc completly? Thanks
  5. jOwen4 Win User

as you have a Hotmail account it is impossible to unlink it from the Xbox account.

if you remove a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account it will permanently delete the email account
    Thank you. I thought it might. Its a shame that it isnt made clear when the account is created as i wouldve created his own acc at the start instead.
  6. Niko1664 Win User

Thema:

1. Unlink Microsoft acc from Xbox account - Similar Threads - Unlink Microsoft acc

2. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  3. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  4. how to unlink a Microsoft account from a Minecraft account without logging into the...

in XBoX on Windows
    how to unlink a Microsoft account from a Minecraft account without logging into the...: I have a PlayStation 5 and have a Microsoft account that is locked to my Minecraft account, I have no access to the Microsoft account and need to disconnect them 16d04f40-1b96-49fe-9786-1b5de3f32a94
  5. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  6. İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    İ need to unlink my riot account and i cant find/contact any xbox/microsoft customer service: you will have to contact their customer support to unlink it as it is no longer linked with your Riot account and this appears to be an issue on their end. We cannot unlink it from this side as it...
  7. How can I disconnect/unlink a Microsoft from an xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I disconnect/unlink a Microsoft from an xbox account?: I'm trying to disconnect a Microsoft account from an alt account on Xbox that I never use. To further explain, I'd like to connect that Microsoft account to my main Xbox account. It has my dads...
  8. I dont have access to my xbox account as it was unlinked from my microsoft account without...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I dont have access to my xbox account as it was unlinked from my microsoft account without...: after a data breach my account was compromised and i reset the password regaining access into my microsoft account but could not play minecraft. after afew days struggling with accessing the...
  9. How do i unlink a microsoft account to a psn account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i unlink a microsoft account to a psn account: I need to unlink the microsoft account associated with my psn account ( a family members kid logged into my playstation and linked their microsoft account to my playstation account without asking)...
  10. Can I unlink xbox acc from microsoft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I unlink xbox acc from microsoft?: Can I unlink xbox from microsoft? How? dad58a70-b0d7-4661-8b7e-fb84c65ee812