Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB ...

Discus and support Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XBox360 and have a profile created for offline use. I want to now have it hook up to XBox Live. However, when I tried to sign up for the XBox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WaysideFiber485, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB ...

I have an XBox360 and have a profile created for offline use. I want to now have it hook up to XBox Live. However, when I tried to sign up for the XBox Live using that profile, it drops the profile and then goes on to tell me that the email address I am
    trying to use for XBox Live is "already associated with another XBox account". As far as I know, I don't have any other XBox account associated with the email address. So, how do I find out what "other XBox account" is associated with my email address? Can
    I remove that association, when it is not on my current XBox360?

I have game data that I would like to hold over to the XBox Live account. but the frustration is making me want to cave in and just create a totally different profile and microsoft account to 'go live'.

:)

WaysideFiber485, Jan 6, 2018
  2. AndyP_666
    AndyP_666 Guest
    Can you sign in Xbox live with a different E-mail account?

yeah just create a new email address, go to xbox.com and change the email associated with your gamertag. heres the lnk for you.
    My account : Gamertag and profile

AndyP_666, Jan 6, 2018
  3. Changing email addresses on a profile .

To WPAK , the money shouldn't be an issue , you are informed before the swap that money will not transfer . As for the " non MS account email " , I've seen something similar to that but can't remember where , & other than Apple email I don't of any other
    service . Each profile can only have one email account associated to it ; I have 2 profiles , one with a working email address & the problem profile with the outdated ( but verified ) address . When I first attempted the swap I tried to use the working address
    from the other profile & was told I needed another account not associated with a profile . I made another email account but it's not working . The accounts I'm working with are cox.net ( the expired one , associated with #1 profile ) , gmail.com ( associated
    with #2 profile ) , & outlook.com ( the address I want to swap to profile #1 ) . Profile #1 has all of the achievements that took me years to get , profile #2 is secondary , for my little nephews to use when they're visiting . I've gone to a MS support service
    & asked about swapping out alias's in my cox.net account ( & then deleting cox , making outlook the primary )& how that would effect my profile . Waiting for an answer , will post it here when I get it .

RobinGalyardt, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB ...

I have the exact same problem.... except that I bought my Xbox 360 used and don't know the family settings pass code so I'm trying to go through the Microsoft/Xbox website to try and get an answer as to how to reset that pass code, and have no help. Seems
    to me that the only help available is for Xbox One. Can you please let me know if you have any breakthrough on this issue

MadeNMexico1980, Jan 9, 2018
  5. MadeNMexico1980 Win User

Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB acct"

I have the exact same problem.... except that I bought my Xbox 360 used and don't know the family settings pass code so I'm trying to go through the Microsoft/Xbox website to try and get an answer as to how to reset that pass code, and have no help. Seems
    to me that the only help available is for Xbox One. Can you please let me know if you have any breakthrough on this issue
  6. RobinGalyardt Win User

Changing email addresses on a profile .

To WPAK , the money shouldn't be an issue , you are informed before the swap that money will not transfer . As for the " non MS account email " , I've seen something similar to that but can't remember where , & other than Apple email I don't of any other
    service . Each profile can only have one email account associated to it ; I have 2 profiles , one with a working email address & the problem profile with the outdated ( but verified ) address . When I first attempted the swap I tried to use the working address
    from the other profile & was told I needed another account not associated with a profile . I made another email account but it's not working . The accounts I'm working with are cox.net ( the expired one , associated with #1 profile ) , gmail.com ( associated
    with #2 profile ) , & outlook.com ( the address I want to swap to profile #1 ) . Profile #1 has all of the achievements that took me years to get , profile #2 is secondary , for my little nephews to use when they're visiting . I've gone to a MS support service
    & asked about swapping out alias's in my cox.net account ( & then deleting cox , making outlook the primary )& how that would effect my profile . Waiting for an answer , will post it here when I get it .
  7. kyle_m4496 Win User

Cannot add my outlook.com account to my Xbox account

Hi Richard_Bedford. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Keep in mind that you're adding it to your Microsoft account, not your Xbox profile. An Outlook email is already associated with a Microsoft account when it's created, so it cannot be added to another account. That is why you receive the 'email address is already taken. ' error. In this case, you'd have to use a different email that isn't already associated with another account.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  8. PeterSoftx64 Win User

Logging in to Xbox Live

Hello,

It means you already have a Xbox Account associated to your Email you put in for your new account. Try using another email. Or change the email address of the account associated with the Email you are trying to use.
  9. wi7bit Win User

new additional gamertag

Hi Nick_674

A gamertag is linked to a Microsoft account. You can create a new account and associate a new gamertag with it, but all accounts must have a unique email address. This email address can be an existing address, but it can't already be associated with another
    account.

To recap... one email address = one gamertag. But you don't need to create a new email address.

Hope that helps.
Thema:

Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB ...

1. Unknown other account/profile where "that email address already associated with another XB ... - Similar Threads - Unknown account profile

2. Unknown charged in my bank account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charged in my bank account.: Hello upon checking my bank account I was charged $1 dollar multiple times. I Dont purchased anything. 2a9a3f07-33bd-40f2-adfd-1218c0fdca29
  3. Unknown charge in back account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charge in back account: I have an unknown charge for 117.69 taken from my bank account. I don't have any subscriptions on my account showing what this charge is for. a42c8fc9-8cad-4195-853d-53f5f6e5efc9
  4. Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown account linked to my Microsoft account: I have Just linked my Microsoft account to my sons nintendo switch so he could join his friends on minecraft, but when singed in there's a linked xbox live account that has never belonged to me!...
  5. An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.

in XBoX Accessibility
    An unknown email was added to my Microsoft account as security information.: Good day, my Microsoft account is linked to my Minecraft account. And I got tricked into giving my email and a code to a fake bot in discord. I saw the bot on other servers before so I thought...
  6. Is it possible to unlink an unknown epic account from my Xbox live account? Cuz epic is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to unlink an unknown epic account from my Xbox live account? Cuz epic is...: Can’t unlink unknown epic acc from my Xbox live, and epic support won’t respond (been weeks) 77f9286e-78ea-4f4a-8457-edd56252e8f3
  7. Lost account microsoft unknown reasons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost account microsoft unknown reasons: 1 or 2 years ago i lost an microsoft account for reasons unknown to me. there was a minecraft java edition and i lost access to it. i have confirmation of the transaction that i bought it. i realy...
  8. Access to account lost, unknown email taken over

in XBoX Accessibility
    Access to account lost, unknown email taken over: Hi, Near the start of the year my Microsoft account connected to my xbox and pc (before I reset it and used a new account) was taken over by an unknown @rambler.ru email. I now cannot reset the...
  9. Unknown email addresses linked to my Microsoft account userid

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unknown email addresses linked to my Microsoft account userid: Hi I used a Microsoft link to check what my userid was for my Microsoft account (a live email account). It came back with my email address but said my account email was also associated with a...
  10. Recovery Email linked to unknown account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery Email linked to unknown account?: Sorry if this comes off as long. I received an email that my Xbox live will be renewed soon through my recovery email (which used to be the primary for that account). I went to sign in to see if I...