"Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection

Discus and support "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I attempt to boot up MCC, It gets stuck at EasyAntiCheat and won't let me in because of an unknown file version named:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Benjamin Brussee, Aug 3, 2023.

1. "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection

When I attempt to boot up MCC, It gets stuck at EasyAntiCheat and won't let me in because of an unknown file version named: MCCWinStore-Win64-Shipping.exe

I've tried pretty much everything and I'm not sure what to do.. pls help!!!

:)

Benjamin Brussee, Aug 3, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

The "Unknown File Version" error you're encountering when trying to boot up the Halo Master Chief Collection can indicate a problem with the game's files or installation. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Verify Game Files:
    If you're playing the game on Steam, you can use the built-in file verification feature to ensure that your game files are intact. Right-click on the game in your Steam library, go to "Properties," then the "Local Files" tab, and click "Verify Integrity of Game Files." This will check and replace any corrupted or missing files.

2. Update the Game:
    Make sure you have the latest updates installed for the Halo Master Chief Collection. Check for updates through the game's launcher or the platform you're using (Steam, Microsoft Store, etc.).

3. Reboot Your PC:
    Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve issues related to game files or processes that might be interfering.

4. Clear Cache and Temporary Files:
    Clear any temporary files and cache on your PC. You can use the built-in disk cleanup tool or third-party software to do this.

5. Disable Mods:
    If you're using mods for the game, they could potentially be causing conflicts. Try disabling any mods and see if the issue persists.

6. Run the Game as Administrator:
    Right-click on the game's shortcut or executable and select "Run as administrator." This ensures that the game has the necessary permissions to access and modify files.

7. Check Antivirus and Firewall:
    Your antivirus or firewall software might be blocking or interfering with the game's files. Temporarily disable them and see if the issue is resolved.

8. Repair or Reinstall the Game:
    If the issue persists, you might need to repair or reinstall the game. Follow the instructions provided by the game's platform (Steam, Microsoft Store, etc.) for repairing or reinstalling games.
  3. Rishabh0067 Win User

I didn't hear anything from you, are we still connected?
  4. Rishabh0067 Win User

Hi
    My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there.
    I’d be more than happy to help you today with your query. Please give me a few moments whilst I review your query.
  5. Rishabh0067 Win User

I haven’t heard from you since this chat interaction started. As a result, I’m going to close the chat session. Please feel free to contact Microsoft anytime for further assistance.
  6. Rishabh0067 Win User

Please let me know if you need assistance. I am happy to provide any help you may need.
Thema:

1. "Unknown File Version" When I try and boot up Halo Master Chief Collection - Similar Threads - Unknown File Version

2. I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...: I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been on my xbox in months. What do I do to get this money back. c652a905-c898-4c71-aba3-d24809f4de0c
  3. "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)": I installed Sniper elite 5 from the xbox app on gamepass onto my windows 10 pc yet it shows this error. I have been on xbox app and used the verify and repair option but still the same error...
  4. "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)": Yet another game I have installed from Xbox app gamepass to my windows 10 pc that fails to run. I installed Hell Let Loose from gamepass in the xbox app to my windows 10 pc yet when I attempt to...
  5. Unknown client file version error - Gears5 GOTY edition Multiplayer issues.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown client file version error - Gears5 GOTY edition Multiplayer issues.: Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help. I am unable to play Gears5 online. Easy AntiCheat reports my gears5.exe an unknown version, i.e. "Client file interiority error". From my research, all my...
  6. Dead by Daylight Unknown File Version (DeadByDaylight-WinGDK-Shipping.exe)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead by Daylight Unknown File Version (DeadByDaylight-WinGDK-Shipping.exe): I have tried to remove the game and reinstall it, I have verified the game files, I've uninstalled and reinstalled EasyAntiCheat, and I even restarted my computer three times. However, this error...
  7. Can't install games with xbox app, "unknown available" in select game file location when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games with xbox app, "unknown available" in select game file location when...: When I try to install any game on the xbox app, it just says "unknown available" in the select game file location area. [img] I've tried some stuff I found online like uninstalling and...
  8. Unknown file version Anti Cheat issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown file version Anti Cheat issue: Microsoft appears unwilling to actually help resolve issues anymore. So here I am. My Master Chief Collection has been experiencing major issues. From downloading all the games yet not being able...
  9. Unable to play Halo Master Chief collection - Unknown file version jibGLESv2.dll

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play Halo Master Chief collection - Unknown file version jibGLESv2.dll: After uninstalling and reinstalling I still get this error when trying to play HMCC: Unknown file version x:\...\libGLESv2.dll. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the AntiCheat software multiple...
  10. Halo 3 won't start, unknown file error?

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo 3 won't start, unknown file error?: It almost boots up when I run it, but as soon as it reaches the initial load screen it shuts down and shows this message: [img] I never purchased Halo 1, only Halo 3? I did a flight for Halo 3...