Unknown bought game email

Discus and support Unknown bought game email in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I received an email from Microsoft thanking me for purchasing a game I DID NOT BUY on a master card THAT INST MINE but was sent to my email that isn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by lewisW454, Oct 14, 2023.

1. lewisW454
    lewisW454 Guest

I received an email from Microsoft thanking me for purchasing a game I DID NOT BUY on a master card THAT INST MINE but was sent to my email that isn’t linked to my Microsoft account.

:)

lewisW454, Oct 14, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I appreciate the response and I humbly apologize.

I would like to correct my response, that the purchase was not made on any of your payment cards or any of your Microsoft email accounts.

If you're also certain that your email address is not added as an alias on any Microsoft accounts, it means the message you have received could be a "fake order" scam.

A popular tactic of criminals is the "fake order" scam. The way it works is that you get a message, usually in email or text, that appears to be a routine confirmation for an order. But, you never ordered any product or service it's confirming.

The message looks common enough, and it says that money will be charged to your credit card or withdrawn from your bank account for the product or service. Then it casually offers instructions on how you can cancel the order if you want to.

Note: Never call the phone number, or click any links, in the email message.

Once you're comfortable that the message is fake, report it as spam in your email client or just delete it.

Please take your time and navigate through this article for more information regarding the "Fake Order" scam:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...der-scam-e13350ca-1fa0-4e81-a452-e79aa009c4e0

I hope this information helps and my apologies Lewis.

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

4. lewisW454 Win User

I explained very clearly that it was a game I didn’t buy and it WAS NOT MY BANK CARD
  5. lewisW454 Win User

That’s what I was thinking, but the “fake” email was sent by Microsoft themselfs
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing unauthorized charges with your payment card. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Based on your description, the purchase was made on a different account and your payment card is added to that particular account.

Kindly check your Xbox account on account.microsoft.com > Payment and Billing > Order History to confirm the charges.

If it doesn't show there, check your other email accounts' Order History.

Also, check the accounts' Order History of your family members or friends who might have been using your Xbox console or Windows PC frequently at your home. It might be possible that your payment card is linked to their accounts.

If the charges can't be found, I would highly suggest you reach out to your financial institution to file a dispute for it as this will be considered fraudulent charges. They should apply it right away on their end so that the money is refunded back to your payment method.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. Unknown bought game email - Similar Threads - Unknown bought game

2. I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...: I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been on my xbox in months. What do I do to get this money back. c652a905-c898-4c71-aba3-d24809f4de0c
  3. Unknown charged in my bank account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charged in my bank account.: Hello upon checking my bank account I was charged $1 dollar multiple times. I Dont purchased anything. 2a9a3f07-33bd-40f2-adfd-1218c0fdca29
  4. Unknown charge in back account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charge in back account: I have an unknown charge for 117.69 taken from my bank account. I don't have any subscriptions on my account showing what this charge is for. a42c8fc9-8cad-4195-853d-53f5f6e5efc9
  5. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  6. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  7. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  8. Xbox X is showing online unknown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X is showing online unknown: I tried restarting it, un plugging it and leaving it there for a minute and turn it on, I even logged off my WiFi and reconnected to it, nothing is working, help please....
  9. "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)": I installed Sniper elite 5 from the xbox app on gamepass onto my windows 10 pc yet it shows this error. I have been on xbox app and used the verify and repair option but still the same error...
  10. "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)": Yet another game I have installed from Xbox app gamepass to my windows 10 pc that fails to run. I installed Hell Let Loose from gamepass in the xbox app to my windows 10 pc yet when I attempt to...