Unknown alternative email address

Discus and support Unknown alternative email address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received an unknown email address and when I tried to change it the page was no longer available. How do I remove this alternative email address?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PrimaryBox8737, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Unknown alternative email address

I received an unknown email address and when I tried to change it the page was no longer available. How do I remove this alternative email address?

:)

PrimaryBox8737, Jun 1, 2016
  2. Gurman01
    Gurman01 Guest
    Help:Unable to change email address for accounts and billing?!?

I eventually solved it, the email was an alternative email address in my security info and had to link another email address before I could delete it. Thanks for your post.

Gurman01, Jun 1, 2016
  3. AtIas85
    AtIas85 Guest
    Still sending emails to alternative email no I no longer use...

When I first got Xbox live I set up an alternative email address as my then gfs. Now the ex seems to be getting notifications when i activate points etc. I have checked on my account and I cannot see any record of any alternative email addresses active
    on my account. Does anyone know how to remove her email address and if so where I go to remove it?! It's causing issues.

AtIas85, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Unknown alternative email address

Hi there,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by you received an unknown email address?

Also what are you trying to remove your email from, your gamertag? I believe it's impossible to associate two emails with the one gamertag so you would need to completely change it using an Xbox 360 console:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

Hope some of that helps, not sure if that's what you're after though.

DigitalAssassin, Jun 6, 2016
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hi there,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by you received an unknown email address?

Also what are you trying to remove your email from, your gamertag? I believe it's impossible to associate two emails with the one gamertag so you would need to completely change it using an Xbox 360 console:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

Hope some of that helps, not sure if that's what you're after though.
  6. ryuhi2010 Win User

Stop asking me for an alternate phone number and email!

my Alternate email info is wrong, when I was trying to buy games it asks me for code sending to Alternate email address. How can change the Alternate email address
  7. GS17259 Win User

Constantly getting disconnected from Xbox live

Go settings, network, network, advanced, alternate mac address, clear.

That's my go to when I have unknown internet issues.
  8. Tarmorg Win User

Security Proofs Opinion

um ok how about this for support being able to add my email address as a contact for Security proof without getting this error (and create another email address is not support) ?

You can't use your Microsoft account name as your alternate email address. Please enter a different alternate email address.
  9. Mister Fitzer Win User

alternate email address no need confirm

Hey Ecologic, let us know if you have any more questions after checking out that link brut provided. :)
Thema:

1. Unknown alternative email address - Similar Threads - Unknown alternative email

2. I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...: I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been on my xbox in months. What do I do to get this money back. c652a905-c898-4c71-aba3-d24809f4de0c
  3. Unknown charged in my bank account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charged in my bank account.: Hello upon checking my bank account I was charged $1 dollar multiple times. I Dont purchased anything. 2a9a3f07-33bd-40f2-adfd-1218c0fdca29
  4. Unknown charge in back account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unknown charge in back account: I have an unknown charge for 117.69 taken from my bank account. I don't have any subscriptions on my account showing what this charge is for. a42c8fc9-8cad-4195-853d-53f5f6e5efc9
  5. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  6. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  7. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  8. Xbox X is showing online unknown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X is showing online unknown: I tried restarting it, un plugging it and leaving it there for a minute and turn it on, I even logged off my WiFi and reconnected to it, nothing is working, help please....
  9. "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (sniper5_dx12.exe)": I installed Sniper elite 5 from the xbox app on gamepass onto my windows 10 pc yet it shows this error. I have been on xbox app and used the verify and repair option but still the same error...
  10. "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Unknown file version (HLL-Win64-Shipping.exe)": Yet another game I have installed from Xbox app gamepass to my windows 10 pc that fails to run. I installed Hell Let Loose from gamepass in the xbox app to my windows 10 pc yet when I attempt to...