Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive

Discus and support Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having an issue with Games Pass for PC in which the uninstalled games from de app still occupy space from my hard drive. I already... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TyagoPrz, Nov 20, 2021.

1. TyagoPrz
    TyagoPrz Guest

Hello,

I have been having an issue with Games Pass for PC in which the uninstalled games from de app still occupy space from my hard drive.

I already tried a couple of thing but nothing seems to work:

1. I tried from Game Pass App itself

2. I tried from Control Panel

3. I tried from Settings » System » Storage » and checking temporary files, but there are only 2.73 MB there (https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/byutbo/pc_game_pass_games_not_uninstalling_fix/)

Right now, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Thank you in advance for all your comments,

:)

TyagoPrz, Nov 20, 2021
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello TyagoPrz,

I'm sorry you are having issues with the Game Pass uninstalled games still occupying your hard drive space.

I have found another reddit article similar to yours with a similar fix, plus more. You can see if the additional information helps with your issue.

Here is what I gathered.

Go to Start Menu > Settings > System > Storage > Temporary Files

See if Delivery Optimization Files has the missing GB, if it does, you can check it and click Remove Files.

If you see a folder in WindowsApp with the name of an uninstalled game, and this folder still has the game files in it, you can reinstall this game, the download will go to 100% immediately and then you can cleanly uninstall this game again. The files should be deleted.

The MSIXVC folder is used for peer to peer delivery optimization. It keeps a copy of every game, but due to the weird name of the files we can't really know which game it is. Generally the file is as big as the installation folder though. These files are locked if the game is installed, but once it's uninstalled, you can delete the files manually.

You can also check the disable delivery optimization with the gpedit execute command ( Start > Search gpedit, > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Delivery optimization. Double click on Download mode, click enable and put it to Simple (99) the next game downloaded shouldn't appear in this folder.
  3. L0ngJ0shSilver Win User

Xbox uninstalled my games

Yeah, I tried the hard reset and power cycle 3 times. No such luck. The games are still missing and the hard drive space is still occupied. Factory reset seems to be my remaining option. Any ideas as to what might have caused this?
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox game pass

Keep in mind also that the only thing cancelling the subscription does is takes the license to play the games away it does not remove the game from the console so it will still be taking up space on the hard drive for other games that you may own and want
    to install.

So if you do cancel the game pass and you do not want the games still taking up space you would need to go in and uninstall the games from the console.
  5. ang310c1371av3nd3r Win User

Xbox game pass for PC - uninstalled games still take up storage space

I uninstalled some games from my Xbox game pass (PC) using the uninstall option in the Xbox app (on PC).

But the storage space in my SSD did not return to what it used to be, before the game was installed.

We're talking about upwards of 10Gb. It can't be other files because the drive was solely for games.

Anyone can help?
    cant wait to use it
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Unfinished installation took room on my hard disk

Hi MG 81,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue where a game you uninstalled is still taking up the hard drive space it had used on your Windows 10 PC. You may want to try

re-installing
    the game onto your PC and then attempt to uninstall it.

Also, you may want to
    check for updates
    available for your PC, this could correct any software errors that could be preventing Windows from recognizing the freed up hard drive space.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive - Similar Threads - Uninstalled games Games

2. My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    My game is not fully installed even though I uninstalled it how do I fix it?: Recently I Had installed ARK: Survival evolved but had an issue and decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it however when I "Uninstalled it" it did not uninstall, It was through the xbox app...
  3. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  4. How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix game pass games uninstalling themselves after I shutdown my laptop: I have game pass on my laptop. Anytime I install a game I can play it fine, but when I shutdown my laptop for the night, all games will be uninstalled and not there when I power back on. I have...
  5. Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still...: Halo wars DE on Xbox one not connecting to multiplayer. Uninstalled the game and it still won’t connect any advise. 36b00320-79cb-4163-953b-3c7b1e9394a0
  6. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  7. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  8. Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has my xbox uninstalled all of my games? And why isnt my external drive showing up?: Alright so I was literally just on my xbox last night and EVERYTHING was as it should be. But once I got back on this morning all of my games were uninstalled, every single one of them. Not to...
  9. How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to remove-uninstall Game Bar?: How to remove/uninstall Game Bar? 77cfbfd5-1588-4d0f-b9c6-4c47ed899049
  10. How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?

in XboX Insiders
    How to fix issue Xbox One X to sto from uninstall games when turning on console?: I'm visiting my family for Christmas. We have been trying to figure out of why games are getting uninstall on their own in the Xbox One X when turning on the console(internal and external...