unfinished console more like xbox none

Discus and support unfinished console more like xbox none in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I feel you pain, not being able to simple plug in my usb and play music from it and without anything snapped is annoying since the 360 offered that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by waylow83, Jan 29, 2014.

  1. Xenokai
    Xenokai Guest

    unfinished console more like xbox none


    I feel you pain, not being able to simple plug in my usb and play music from it and without anything snapped is annoying since the 360 offered that from day 1. It is unfinished because of obvious feature like resume game quickly still being labeled as
    (Beta). But im sure it still offers the better overall system features of the consoles released. Twicth will be here in a month i believe. They are slowly fixing stuff also. Blu ray movie always play fine but the DVD movie playback on the xbox one was
    the worst dvd player of all time untill they updated the blu ray app to fix the dvd playback a week ago. So they are fixing stuff, alot of the fixes are done without most people even realizing since app usaulyl update when your system is off. All console
    manufactor like to tell a fib, i know of the worst i ever seen was this.... about it being actual gameplay which was 100% false...
     
    Xenokai, Jan 30, 2014
    #16
  2. Winston06
    Winston06 Guest
    I waited for this console thinking that as hyped, I would possess a total multimedia solution. Imagine my dissatisfaction when I tried to connect to my network media on my PC only to find this option only works with the 360.

    On top of that, I have a VIrgin media box and cannot use the full potential as described in the adverts in the UK.

    Very disappointed with the overall lack of apps and feel cheated by MS into believing their marketing was actually true. Shame on you MS for releasing such a poor product in this initial release

    I can only hope, cross my fingers and wait for additional updates and pray the progress is not as slow as the equally poor Windows phone 8 I have.
     
    Winston06, Feb 21, 2014
    #17
  3. abes2000
    abes2000 Guest
    "There is a massive dashboard update coming in march according to Marc Whitten, also theres a patch coming to boost game speed and framerate as well. Gotta hang in there for now better days are coming."

    I'm sorry, but I cannot see how a system update will "boost game speed and framerate". Xbone's power is what it is, and if the developers can't get 1080p 60fps out of it, a system update will not just suddenly fix the issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
     
    abes2000, Feb 22, 2014
    #18
  4. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

    unfinished console more like xbox none

    Sure it can. Much more than was ever the case with the original and 360, the One's system OS is in the background consuming limited resources (CPU, memory, etc.) in order to provide features like Snap, seamless switching, etc. There is little doubt that
    can be optimized to free up some of those resources, making them available for games.
     
    jmcode, Feb 22, 2014
    #19
  5. BusGod
    BusGod Guest
    abes2000 - here is your correction: The system will become a bit more powerful from software. MS has stated that 10% CPU reserved for the Kinect is too high- they are changing it to 2%.

    Additionally, none of the games released are taking advantage of the ESRAM in the unit. A new SDK has been released by Microsoft for future game developers to help the unlock that power.

    Does this mean all future games will be 1080P, probably not. But is does correct your answer.
     
    BusGod, Feb 22, 2014
    #20
  6. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest
    The PS4 doesn't even support CD's, media from USB, streaming media from a PC at the moment. Each console has app's that the other doesn't at this time. The PS4 is running on hype, started by Microsoft's shambolic early announcements and unveiling which alienated
    and P'd off a lot of potential consumers right from the get-go, it made little to no difference that they righted their wrongs and changed some of their policies.

    I haven't used a PS4 yet but I'm sure it's a great machine, just like the XB1 is. Both have their drawbacks right now, but with updates and new games coming to both, I still believe whichever was your preferred console of the last gen will still be your
    preferred of this new gen. I don't see any real reason why the XB1 will have driven a more than satisfied 360 owner away, apart from if you're jumping ship to follow a vocal crowd who continue to moan about features and policies which Microsoft U'turned on
    and fixed months ago anyway.

    The only thing Microsoft *** up right now is the screen resolution issues, but unless you're playing on a huge TV and have perfect functioning eyeballs I don't see how you'd ever notice the difference. I think the PS3 had slightly better graphics last gen
    anyway, made no difference. Hopefully developers and Microsoft get their houses in order and within 12 months resolutiongate won't even be mentioned.

    The updates are coming, be patient. In a few weeks time when Titanfall drops, this will be the console to be on for the next few months.
     
    Huggs1, Oct 31, 2018
    #21
  7. abes2000 Win User

    unfinished console more like xbox none

    "There is a massive dashboard update coming in march according to Marc Whitten, also theres a patch coming to boost game speed and framerate as well. Gotta hang in there for now better days are coming."

    I'm sorry, but I cannot see how a system update will "boost game speed and framerate". Xbone's power is what it is, and if the developers can't get 1080p 60fps out of it, a system update will not just suddenly fix the issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. Jimmy Beam est Win User

    unfinished console more like xbox none

    Contracts, negotiating, and programming should concluded before you release any product to consumers CMUchippewa otherwise it's called misleading advertising.
  9. Huggs1 Win User

    unfinished console more like xbox none

    The PS4 doesn't even support CD's, media from USB, streaming media from a PC at the moment. Each console has app's that the other doesn't at this time. The PS4 is running on hype, started by Microsoft's shambolic early announcements and unveiling which alienated
    and P'd off a lot of potential consumers right from the get-go, it made little to no difference that they righted their wrongs and changed some of their policies.

    I haven't used a PS4 yet but I'm sure it's a great machine, just like the XB1 is. Both have their drawbacks right now, but with updates and new games coming to both, I still believe whichever was your preferred console of the last gen will still be your
    preferred of this new gen. I don't see any real reason why the XB1 will have driven a more than satisfied 360 owner away, apart from if you're jumping ship to follow a vocal crowd who continue to moan about features and policies which Microsoft U'turned on
    and fixed months ago anyway.

    The only thing Microsoft *** up right now is the screen resolution issues, but unless you're playing on a huge TV and have perfect functioning eyeballs I don't see how you'd ever notice the difference. I think the PS3 had slightly better graphics last gen
    anyway, made no difference. Hopefully developers and Microsoft get their houses in order and within 12 months resolutiongate won't even be mentioned.

    The updates are coming, be patient. In a few weeks time when Titanfall drops, this will be the console to be on for the next few months.
  10. SilentGamer895 Win User

    unfinished console more like xbox none

    There is a massive dashboard update coming in march according to Marc Whitten, also theres a patch coming to boost game speed and framerate as well. Gotta hang in there for now better days are coming.
  11. BEDANUTZ HYDRO Win User

    unfinished console more like xbox none

    Sorry I'm in the USA. Not as advertised.
Thema:

unfinished console more like xbox none

Loading...
  1. unfinished console more like xbox none - Similar Threads - unfinished console more

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??

    in XboX Insiders
    No hope for us Digital ONLY console owners??: So for us lowly digital only console owners what hope is there without support for an external disc drive? submitted by /u/Andymg350 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  10. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...