Unfair ban on Xbox

Discus and support Unfair ban on Xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey all, I’m writing here as suggested by the Xbox support team in respect of an issue my son has had with the Xbox enforcement team. A few weeks back... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matt Thomas6, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Matt Thomas6
    Matt Thomas6 Guest

Unfair ban on Xbox

Hey all, I’m writing here as suggested by the Xbox support team in respect of an issue my son has had with the Xbox enforcement team. A few weeks back his Xbox account was suspended because his gamer pic was deemed inappropriate. The offending picture was just a photo of his friend on a trampoline - no nudity, drugs, guns etc and really just a harmless pic.

We visited the enforcement page but this face very limited information about his ban, however we were given the option to appeal. When we appealed there was no way of providing any detailed explanation of why we felt the picture did not breach any of the Xbox restricted images - it was simply acknowledged that our appeal was pending. Another week went by and then we received an email stating that the appeal has been denied and due to the gravity of the ‘offence’ my sons account had been permanently banned.

There was no further option to appeal this decision and the enforcement team are not public facing ( nor do the communicate with any other Microsoft support teams). taking the significant financial and time investment out of the equation at this stage, the banning has had a significantly detrimental impact on my sons mental well-being. We don’t see what offence he has committed - the ban feels totally and utterly unjust and yet I understand that we are unable now to even discuss this with anyone at Microsoft. My son has been bullied we feel with a false complaint by an unnamed Xbox user (we believe this is the only possible explanation for that picture to have even been reviewed by the enforcement team), yet he is unable to report his suffering to Xbox as they have closed his account.

My question therefore is whether there is any way to address my sons unfair victimisation by Microsoft over this issue and if so how we would go about doing this. Apologies for the long winded query but I will not let this matter rest purely out of principle. The ban is simply not warranted.

:)

Matt Thomas6, Aug 2, 2023
  2. Sehjal Win User

Xbox ban, Unfair ban

The xbox system is flawed, you can never win. My understanding is to not message anyone with 'bad' words.
  3. Elijah�� Win User

Xbox ban, Unfair ban

I just got troll by a player named I ORBITAL ME I after playing a match with him I think he was upset i beat him or something he first messaged me calling me garbage and that I have no skill I ignored him and went on with my day till he started joining
    my game session with my friend he started trolling us and caused us to fail a mission 4 times after I messaged him back becasue I was upset who wouldn't be after getting trolled so I messaged him he said because I used the work f!%k he said I was going to
    get com banned 4 seconds later I was com banned for a day its just a day but still this guy is trolling then getting players com banned to they cant play with their friends that isn't cool it's wrong he gets to abuse players then use Xbox's broken enforcement
    system to troll them even more all I know is I was trolled and I cant do anything about it why is Xbox's banning players like me who were trolled and why are they protecting a troll you know he does this all the time considering how fast I was com banned he
    even made fun of me before my ban happened saying enjoy that ban am i going to get any justice? or is this guy free?
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox ban, Unfair ban

I was talking to my brother about home etc, i didn't call him gay. I had no harmful intent and wasn't toxic over anything.

This is 2019 and you should be able to express language freely and not have to worry.
    So in response, you're using that word with a negative context, thus implying that word is bad and negative. THAT is the point. You're using a word that describe a people, and using that word in a negative manner. Take the word itself out and look at
    the larger picture. This has happened with other words in the English language; a word that described a people, and used in a negative and derogatory manner. Even if not directed specifically at someone, or even at the people. This has happened many times,
    and it's the common place usage of this, and the not understanding how that can be hurtful to someone, that is insensitive, un-welcoming, and not inclusive.

To the second, sure, in some countries you are protected for free speech from GOVERNMENT censorship. That has nothing to do with corporate censure. This is Microsoft's Xbox Live service, and they present Terms and Conditions, Codes of Conduct, and various
    other rules that are available online and are free to enforce their policies as they see fit. Microsoft is not the government, so there is no violation of free speech in them enforcing their rules.

But again, you are free to make your case to the Enforcement Team. I am not a member of that team and cannot comment, review, or take action. These opinions are my own, and this is my personal expression, understanding, and interpretation.
  5. Sehjal Win User

Xbox ban, Unfair ban

agreed. its really annoying how no human verified it.
  6. Sehjal Win User

Xbox ban, Unfair ban

Okay, let me provide some context.

- I was talking to my brother about home etc, i didn't call him gay. I had no harmful intent and wasn't toxic over anything.

- I think xbox should re-evaluate their auto ban software since the word gay was said by itself, nothing behind or infront.

- Everyone saying its harmful language, its not though is it. This is 2019 and you should be able to express language freely and not have to worry. Its quite strange how the standalone word got me banned for 2 weeks.

Also @PalmettoBling, no. this is ridiculous since i don'deserve it if i'm not using it in a homophobic sense at all. Saying a word like that should not be deemed immature or bad in any sense and i was unfairly banned

ALSO **** are the review questions, they're such trick questions. smh.
Thema:

Unfair ban on Xbox

1. Unfair ban on Xbox - Similar Threads - Unfair ban

2. Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair...: Xim shouldn’t be supported by Xbox it should be a ban for using it , it provides a unfair advantage in a lot of games a6f610fb-a9d0-46cd-b144-6d37b7a00cd7
  3. I have a unfair ban/strike against my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a unfair ban/strike against my account.: So I have a 2 day ban/strike against my account because of a miss type and I will happily send a pic of the conversation to justify my case. Are there any enforcement members that can help me with...
  4. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  5. Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there still any way to get this unfair year long ban lifted?: Yesterday I received a year long ban that originally started out as a 2 day ban and all my appeals were denied because someone decided to spam report my account for saying the n word not the hard...
  6. Unfair Ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair Ban: I have tried emailing and calling the enforcement team. Getting no responses and need a way to get into contact. Let me know if there is a better phone number or email I can reach out to....
  7. Banned unfair dispute

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned unfair dispute: Bad language by kids in group messages yet my son gets the ban and was the innocent party member with proof to back this up need to speak to an agent for advice 9b12fe45-9854-459b-b496-c4ec04c24489
  8. My account got banned unfairly

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got banned unfairly: Hi, my xbox account RickieMyDude was recently perma-banned, I appealed and they denied, there was also my other friends that got permabanned, they had 5 strikes and their appeals were accepted,...
  9. banned for using a mod menu on black ops ll without ever having the intention to be unfair...

in XBoX Accessibility
    banned for using a mod menu on black ops ll without ever having the intention to be unfair...: my main account got banned for cheating on black ops ll but I wasn't using it for an unfair advantage and wasn't trying to ruin anyone's time but watch gun game lobby's and after 8-9 days I'm...
  10. Unfair ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair ban: I got banned for saying F off and it was 8 days now I’ve just got a 15 day ban for no reason and all of my mates spam the n word and stuff and don’t get banned but I do for saying F off I don’t...