Unexplained loss of audio.

Discus and support Unexplained loss of audio. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had the Series X for a few weeks and since new I have lost audio of games, apps and home screen sounds. For example I recently watched BBC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tilzo, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Tilzo
    Tilzo Guest

I have had the Series X for a few weeks and since new I have lost audio of games, apps and home screen sounds.

For example I recently watched BBC iPlayer without issue then, right after, used the Apple TV app, also without issue. Upon leaving the Apple TV app I lost audio on the home screen (menu sounds), BBC iPlayer and Prime Video. Although Netflix and FIFA 22 both have audio.

I have run through the audio setup tool this has no sound.

It'**** and miss what audio I get and when, in the example above when the Apple TV app is open and I push the home button on the controller I hear the 'whoosh' sound for the menu, yet when I leave the app this audio disappears.

I have uninstalled Apple TV which didn't have any effect.

Can anyone suggest anything I can do to remedy this?

:)

Tilzo, Oct 2, 2022
  2. PoshSmith Win User

Hi I have same issue with Apple app and Amazon Prime. I disabled ‘Allow Pass through’ on advanced audio settings and it got sound working. Note I have Xbox One X with an optical connection to a sound bar. My sound bar does not have HDMI port. This might work for you if your using an optical cable for your sound set up.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Tilzo, if you have dolby atmos or windows sonic, disable it momentarily to see if it still occurs.

And perform this configuration

Press the Xbox  button to open the dashboard and select System > Settings > General > Volume & Audio Out.

Select Chat Mixer, then choose one of the options.

set noise to 50%

And audio format, choose Uncompressed Stereo

And chat output leave as you wish, on TV or headset

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  4. RyanPayne4 Win User

Unexplained audio

Hello .
    My name is Ryan. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today.
  5. victor watkins Win User

Unexplained audio

i have the official. its weird that anyone can hear me without a mic plugged in at all
  6. RyanPayne4 Win User

Unexplained audio

Do you have the official Xbox controller or a third party controller?

it would be worth cleaning the headset port on your controller as a precaution in case any debris is causing static.
Thema:

1. Unexplained loss of audio. - Similar Threads - Unexplained loss audio

2. Why is my latency and packet loss showing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my latency and packet loss showing this: My xbox is showing network issue but when I do a standard test it appears no issue but when i load up games im met with the ‘continue offline’ message. Then in detailed network statistics this...
  3. 100 % packet loss on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    100 % packet loss on xbox: 100% packet loss is back again on xbox. I tried resetting my xbox, it doesn't help. 36aeda7d-06e4-487b-85a3-c55cf69655a6
  4. How to fix 100% packet loss?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix 100% packet loss?: My internet connection is fine, I just have 100% packet loss so I can’t play online. I have restarted the console, restarted the router. I have changed DNS, and I have even reset the console, and...
  5. Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Iv got 100% packet loss on my xbox series x: Iv tried everything I know, broadband line test, wired, wireless, tethered to my phone, factory reset the xbox, rest the router, no matter what I do its still 100% packet loss, any ideas....
  6. As of May 31 2024 I had a 100% packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    As of May 31 2024 I had a 100% packet loss: How did this happen Why is it happening How to fix it e97122dd-ff3f-4843-a1bc-252c74fc310d
  7. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  8. 100% Packet Loss. Hello, I would like to BlAmE tHe InTeRnEt CoMpAnY

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% Packet Loss. Hello, I would like to BlAmE tHe InTeRnEt CoMpAnY: So, with this huge outage, for almost 2 hours, I took the liberty to check for packet loss. Yup, 100% packet loss, the whole time. Imagine that. It’s you all. Please fix this, [img]...
  9. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  10. Unexplained audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexplained audio: How can my Xbox hear things when there is no mic plugged in? When I play online and I don't have a mic plugged into my controller other players say they can still hear me or there is a really loud...