Unexpected error when changing privacy settings

Discus and support Unexpected error when changing privacy settings in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently a friend invited me to a club on the Xbox app. I couldn't join the club because my privacy settings wouldn't allow it. This was no big deal... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BurningPeasant5, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Unexpected error when changing privacy settings

Recently a friend invited me to a club on the Xbox app. I couldn't join the club because my privacy settings wouldn't allow it. This was no big deal since I've changed my privacy and online safety settings before, so I figured I'd just go and change them
    again. Unfortunately, whenever I tried to change my settings I was told that an unexpected error occurred and that I should retry later. I've been having this problem for a few days and even talked to tech support for about an hour to no avail. Does anyone
    happen to have a fix for this?

:)

BurningPeasant5, Aug 9, 2018
  2. cjCthulhu669
    cjCthulhu669 Guest
    Streaming problems

ok so i went to xbox.com and went to my privacy settings and it will not change, everytime i try to change it, it gives a unexpected error has occured and wont change it

cjCthulhu669, Aug 9, 2018
  3. JohnnyTV XD
    JohnnyTV XD Guest
    Cant change my windows 10 Xbox privacy settings

I Cant change my windows 10 Xbox privacy settings. When I Changed my settings and clicked submit it always says "Unexpected error. Please try again soon." This has been happening for 2 days now. I wanna join clubs! *SAD*

JohnnyTV XD, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Flymonkey102
    Flymonkey102 Guest

Are you trying to change then through the Xbox app or the website?

Flymonkey102, Aug 9, 2018
  5. IRB
    IRB Guest
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an unexpected error occurred xbox privacy