Unexpected DLC update that game company knows nothing about caused textures to break

Discus and support Unexpected DLC update that game company knows nothing about caused textures to break in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Wasteland Workshop DLC for Fallout 4 received an unexpected update to all Xbox platforms. The textures for the file are now missing and purple. Given... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oddlittleturtle, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Unexpected DLC update that game company knows nothing about caused textures to break

Wasteland Workshop DLC for Fallout 4 received an unexpected update to all Xbox platforms. The textures for the file are now missing and purple. Given this update is not for PC or PlayStation, I am very doubtful the developers know anything about it. They would have announced on their blog if that were the case. I have sent in a bug report to them already as have others.

The Update:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?resid=20FF37CB7A989337!4526&authkey=!AM3QOin-_QcL880&height=1024

Neither Xbox One S nor Xbox One Series X received an update that asked for input, except an OS update. (Xbox One S had been packed away for several months and needed a 4.5GB OS update.)

Input from other players:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/15o0mp2/wasteland_workshop_got_an_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/15o1aag/wasteland_workshop_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/15ogaz7/wasteland_workshop_update/

Expected Behavior:

Textures for concrete, neon signs, traps, and cages objects render correctly

Unexpected Behavior:
    Textures for concrete, neon signs, traps, and cages objects render purple because they are missing from the archive
    Screenshots are taken from Xbox One S:

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?res...thkey=!AI_pA0ploXCb8Mg&width=1920&height=1080

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?res...thkey=!AJj2098_zBXVtws&width=1920&height=1080

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?res...thkey=!ACOVa62uRExpQfA&width=1920&height=1080

There is zero way to fix this vanilla issue. The DLC has to be redeployed with the correct textures. I tried to contact Microsoft but the AI agent was very unhelpful and there is no other way to file an unexpected behavior report that I can see. The Xbox Support site is not user-friendly at all.

:)

oddlittleturtle, Aug 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Unexpected DLC update that game company knows nothing about caused textures to break

Hello oddlittleturtle,

Thank you for posting in the Micrsooft Community.

Due to the complexity of the issue, which involves different channels. To help us resolve this issue, we ask that you report your case to Xbox Feedback. Xbox Feedback is a platform where you can share your feedback and suggestions with the Xbox development team. By reporting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll help us identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible. To report your case to Xbox Feedback, follow these steps:

- Go to Provide feedback to Xbox Team | Xbox Support

- Sign in with your Microsoft account

- Click "Send feedback"

- Select the category and subcategory that best describe your problem

- Provide a detailed description of your problem and any steps to reproduce it

- Attach screenshots or videos that illustrate your problem

- Click "Submit"

Once you've submitted your comments, you'll receive a confirmation email with a link to your feedback page. You can check the status of your comments and see if other users have reported the same issue. You can also vote on other comments that you think are important or helpful.

We appreciate your cooperation and patience as our team works to resolve this issue.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. Fs xAc130 Win User

TEkkit On Xbox 360

4J studios has posted on twitter that they are thinking about putting in texture pack DLC into the game right after the next title update.
  5. NameMonkey Boy Win User

How much with the graphics install be?

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

[quote user=""]

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

[quote user=""]

The overall PC install is about 20GB so you can expect the consoles to be around the same. (Thats both disks)

[/quote]Actually from the leaked files the PC version of the game is just under 10gb.

[/quote]

10GB for the digital download version, 15GB for disk installation. (Close to 20GB if you includethe Back to
    Karkand DLC, HD texture pack for DLC and day 1 patch)

[/quote]There's nothing else contained in the disk version that isn't in the digital download. It's not going to be 15gb. Karkand at the most is going to be between 500mb-1gb. There is no "HD Texture Pack" for PC either. PC includes all of the higher res
    textures that are stripped out of the console versions which is another reason why the texture pack on consoles isn't going to be that big. (You weren't honestly expecting to get high / ultra textures where you? Lol) Day 1 patch will be nothing in size as
    Microsoft limits the size on patches. (5mb I believe?)

[/quote]

I'm posablly worng about DLC, however the requirments detailed on Battlefild.com state that the Digital version needs 10GB free hard drive space and the Disk install needs 15GB. Don't know why but that s what DICE have layed out on there PC requirments spec. I
    dont know where your leeked info came from, but i'm sure the company behind the development would know how much hard-drive space is need.
  6. pawncrackers Win User

Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition: Connection Failed

Yes, the update caused a lot of unexpected bugs.. :/

L
Thema:

1. Unexpected DLC update that game company knows nothing about caused textures to break - Similar Threads - Unexpected DLC update

2. Xbox one turns off unexpectedly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns off unexpectedly: My xbox one turns off when I select a game to play. On any game, downloaded or disc. The initial game screen opens and then a few seconds later the console turns off. I have factory reset the...
  3. An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code: An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. eea05149-ed93-4189-bc71-fccd07064838
  4. Unexpected Xbox refund mail

in XBoX on Windows
    Unexpected Xbox refund mail: I just received an email from Xbox Support which says your refund is in progress. I didn't make any request for a refund. It felt suspicious. Does Microsoft have an address as *** Die...
  5. Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x unexpectedly shutting off?? (Not power supply): My Xbox series x has been periodically shutting off, usually after about an hour or two, then every half hour or so after the first time. I purchased a new power supply and installed it myself (I...
  6. an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try...: When loading fortnite on my child's xbox series S they are getting the following when trying to load into the game "an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox Live,...
  7. AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR XBOX LIVE. PLEASE TRY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR XBOX LIVE. PLEASE TRY...: Why is this happening i just want play fornite 7dd319a4-7eb7-4941-9100-2ae1d5778569
  8. Why am i getting an unexpected error logging in to xbox live account on fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i getting an unexpected error logging in to xbox live account on fortnite.: When i load up Fortnite it says that an unexpected error has occured when logging in with my xbox live account. I’ve tried restarting the console, deleting the game and reinstalling, deleting my...
  9. what should I do when I go on fortnite it says" an unexpected error has occurred while...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what should I do when I go on fortnite it says" an unexpected error has occurred while...: I really need help anything will do 6c6ad73a-41a8-44da-b626-cdc3fcc7e02b
  10. “ an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account for Xbox live. Please try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “ an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account for Xbox live. Please try...: So it’s currently been almost 2 weeks since I haven’t been able to sign in to Fortnite and I keep getting the “an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account Xbox Live please try...