Unauthorized 3rd Party Accessories Question

Discus and support Unauthorized 3rd Party Accessories Question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My question is simple. Does anyone know if the new policy of banning "Unauthorized 3rd Party Accessories" will include controllers and accessories for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steven Koh., Nov 8, 2023.

1. Steven Koh.
    Steven Koh. Guest

My question is simple. Does anyone know if the new policy of banning "Unauthorized 3rd Party Accessories" will include controllers and accessories for the Xbox 360. All official and licensed 3rd party Xbox 360 controllers and accessories have long since stopped being sold and are out of production. The only controller I have left for my 360 is an unofficial controller. If I couldn't use it, I wouldn't have a way of playing my Xbox 360.

:)

Steven Koh., Nov 8, 2023
  2. Steven Koh. Win User

I'm using a wired controller I bought from Amazon (replica from the voyee brand). This is question was only pointed at the Xbox 360 as that's the only Xbox console I own. I appreciate the response.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

first this only affects Xbox one and above, second off if it works with your Xbox 360 or Xbox one out of the box , then it's a licensed controller. The only people who are going to have issues are those using devices to bypass security

If you're using something to use a PlayStation controller on an Xbox, it's probably not gonna work again. If you're using anything that requires a legitimate controller to be tethered to it, it probably isn't going to work
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

cant get on live , new update not working..error 66.

Was your console ever submitted for an unauthorized, 3rd party repair?
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Help my problem please

Sorry, we can't help with codes bought from unauthorized 3rd party retailers.
  6. XBF - Evie Win User

Headset on Controller issue

Hello Jordan davis.,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

If your headset works correctly while using your Xbox controller, then we recommend that you continue using your Xbox controller instead of a 3rd-party controller for your console use.

Microsoft can't guarantee that our accessories will work with 3rd-party accessories, or that 3rd-party accessories will work correctly with our hardware. Please refer to the 3rd-party controller manufacturer website on how to properly use it with an Xbox or a headset, or if it even supports headset use for the console as some 3rd-party controllers may not.

Additionally, you may need to update your 3rd-party controllers' firmware using you PC in order for it to work properly. In any case, you will need to check the manufacturer's website for both your headset and your 3rd-party controller to see if they support connectivity with one another and to the console.

Sincerely,

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Unauthorized 3rd Party Accessories Question - Similar Threads - Unauthorized 3rd Party

2. how do i remove unauthorized charges from xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i remove unauthorized charges from xbox: There have been unauthorized charges on my nephew's xbox. my Chase Visa was connected to the 4 charges I did authorize how do i get these other charges removed e0eb5e9b-bef2-49de-8917-6bc476a4dec0
  3. I would like to know how to bar unauthorized charges made to my credit card for xbox games...

in XBoX on Windows
    I would like to know how to bar unauthorized charges made to my credit card for xbox games...: Listen I am reporting fraud on the xbox account. I keep getting unauthorized charges on my credit card and I want them to stop, I also dont want the ultimate game pass subscribed as each time I...
  4. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  5. How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.: Trying to cancel an unauthorized account. Get full refund. Can't get ahold of a live person for help. Contacted bank. I've added a password as they wanted. They're asking for a pin. $1 charge, the...
  6. Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorized, unrecognized, Microsoft account credit: I have many of these unrecognized orders they show up as: " Status: Redeemed Total:$100 Order date: 00/00/00 Payment method: Redeemed code ". I never acquired and I was never notified about them....
  7. Unauthorized Charges for 10 months!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Unauthorized Charges for 10 months!!!!: I have unauthorized charges on my credit card that are not on my actual Microsoft account. Someone is using my card and I cannot find anywhere for anyone to help me. I cannot speak to anyone on...
  8. There are unauthorized gift purchases on my account dated for 12/14/2023.

in XBoX on Windows
    There are unauthorized gift purchases on my account dated for 12/14/2023.: There are unauthorized gift purchases on my account dated for 12/14/2023. All nine of the gifts sent for Mortal Kombat purchases are not authorized on this acct. The owners and users of this...
  9. How can I speak to a live agent due to unauthorized charges to my bank account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I speak to a live agent due to unauthorized charges to my bank account: There were chargers made to my account 32e46896-9b5c-441b-9005-ed922cfc5c7a
  10. I have an unauthorized charge that was made by a minor in the amount of $44.99 I would like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an unauthorized charge that was made by a minor in the amount of $44.99 I would like...: There was a charge in the amount of $44.99 on Dec 3 I can't locate in my purchase history to get refunded due to it being done in a game by my son who accepted an upgrade while playing that...