unable to watch rented movie bought from xbox video app. on windows rt tablet

Discus and support unable to watch rented movie bought from xbox video app. on windows rt tablet in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I rented a movie to download for 48hrs not once but twice from the Xbox video app. The problem is, just after paying for a movie, I didn't even have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LetupuUili, Jan 8, 2014.

1. LetupuUili
    LetupuUili Guest

I rented a movie to download for 48hrs not once but twice from the Xbox video app. The problem is, just after paying for a movie, I didn't even have a chance to download the movie, instead a notice would come up stating that it has 'expired'. Because I'm
    new to the whole renting movies online, I thought I would be able to find the movie automatically downloaded or saved into my desktop but nothing was found. I went back to view the movie from the app or see what I did wrong..and an error code appeared when
    I clicked on trailer..0xc101a7d1

Please I just paid $16 for a movie twice now, an answer would be very helpful..

:)

LetupuUili, Jan 8, 2014
  2. Kbowser11
    Kbowser11 Guest
    Movies and TV

Anyone else think they should make movies and tv bought or rented on xbox live available to watch on all phones and tablets (aka apple products)?

Kbowser11, Jan 8, 2014
  3. Xwelp
    Xwelp Guest
    Downloading purchases

Using video app on windows 8 allows you to download purchased or rented movies.

What are the expected behaviors of this ability. Or in other words what are the limitations to downloading the movie from the video app?

Xwelp, Jan 8, 2014
  4. unable to watch rented movie bought from xbox video app. on windows rt tablet

I found this for you on the site.

Hope this explains it a bit for you.

Renting movies:

When you rent a movie through Xbox Video, it's available to you for 14 days. This 14-day countdown starts when you make the purchase. When you start playing the movie, another clock starts ticking: you have a 24-hour period of time during which you can watch
    the movie as many times as you want.

Let's say you rent a movie at 3:00 P.M. on May 1. If you start watching the movie at 8:00 P.M. on May 5, your rental period expires at 8:00 P.M. on May 6.

Note Unlike a movie that you buy, a movie that you rent must be viewed on the device it was rented for (Xbox 360, computer, Windows Phone 8.

Source:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/xbox-video/buying-and-renting-videos

Sneltje P.A.S.C.A.L., Mar 6, 2014
  5. LetupuUili
    LetupuUili Guest
    Thanks for that little research you did but I knew that already. I made sure I read everything about renting movies online with Xbox before doing it. Any way, my problem hasn't been solved and I'm too fed up with it to care at this point. This issue really
    put me off buying anything online from Xbox let alone recommending anyone to buy from Xbox video.

LetupuUili, Mar 6, 2014
  6. Sneltje P.A.S.C.A.L., Mar 6, 2014
  7. MikeM132
    MikeM132 Guest
    $16? Sounds like you bought the movie, not rented it. If you bought it, it shows up in your account on all devices (phones, computer, Xbox console, etc). Rentals only on the device you rented it on. Hate to say it, but if I'm renting a video, I rent from
    Amazon. It is usually a buck cheaper and there is no limitation on what device you watch it on---phone, tablet, pc, Xbox, Google TV, Tivo, etc.--anything with an Amazon Video app or a web browser.

MikeM132, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Sneltje P.A.S.C.A.L. Win User

I found this for you on the site.

Hope this explains it a bit for you.

Renting movies:

When you rent a movie through Xbox Video, it's available to you for 14 days. This 14-day countdown starts when you make the purchase. When you start playing the movie, another clock starts ticking: you have a 24-hour period of time during which you can watch
    the movie as many times as you want.

Let's say you rent a movie at 3:00 P.M. on May 1. If you start watching the movie at 8:00 P.M. on May 5, your rental period expires at 8:00 P.M. on May 6.

Note Unlike a movie that you buy, a movie that you rent must be viewed on the device it was rented for (Xbox 360, computer, Windows Phone 8.

Source:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/xbox-video/buying-and-renting-videos
  9. LetupuUili Win User

Thanks for that little research you did but I knew that already. I made sure I read everything about renting movies online with Xbox before doing it. Any way, my problem hasn't been solved and I'm too fed up with it to care at this point. This issue really
    put me off buying anything online from Xbox let alone recommending anyone to buy from Xbox video.
  10. Sneltje P.A.S.C.A.L. Win User

11. MikeM132 Win User

$16? Sounds like you bought the movie, not rented it. If you bought it, it shows up in your account on all devices (phones, computer, Xbox console, etc). Rentals only on the device you rented it on. Hate to say it, but if I'm renting a video, I rent from
    Amazon. It is usually a buck cheaper and there is no limitation on what device you watch it on---phone, tablet, pc, Xbox, Google TV, Tivo, etc.--anything with an Amazon Video app or a web browser.
  12. Klokkwork Win User

Not sounding very good .Xbox1

As far as I know, Gold is still required for Netflix, as with any other third party video service. Xbox Video can be used, however, to buy or rent videos on a per title basis regardless of whether or not you have Gold. Because it's a 1st party service,
    you can stream your movie even on a free account because you're licensing it directly from Xbox itself. Anything you rent or buy on Xbox Video can be viewed on your Xbox console, Window 8 computer, or Windows RT tablet.
Thema:

1. unable to watch rented movie bought from xbox video app. on windows rt tablet - Similar Threads - unable watch rented

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  10. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...