Unable to use party chat through Xbox Windows 10 App

Discus and support Unable to use party chat through Xbox Windows 10 App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason I can not get party chat to work through the xbox app for windows 10. I've tried everything I can think of. My current network setup... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AethereaI, Mar 21, 2017.

1. AethereaI
    AethereaI Guest

For some reason I can not get party chat to work through the xbox app for windows 10. I've tried everything I can think of.

My current network setup goes from modem to router to a switch to all my devices. Party chat on my xbox one works just fine.

1) I've tried a different router.

2) i've tried port forwarding to my PC

3) I've tried putting my PC in my router's DMZ, bypassing the firewall all together.

4) i've tried turning windows firewall off and back on.

5) I've tried from other windows 10 computers on the same network.

6) I've tried the Teredo tunneling fixes that are out there.

No matter what I do, Under settings->network-> NAT Type reads OPEN but Server connectivity reads BLOCKED.

Upon joining a party through the xbox one app, my friends view me as DISCONNECTED and it tells me

0x89231806

Your network settings block the Party Chat

I've spent about 6 hours trying to solve this to no avail. Please help!

:)

AethereaI, Mar 21, 2017
  2. Calvicool
    Calvicool Guest
    Xbox App Party Chat Not Working

I am unable to use the Windows 10 Xbox App party chat. I am unable to hear anyone in the party, Nobody else in the party is able to hear me. For about a month I was able to use it without experiencing any type of issues. Since about 1 month ago, I have been
    experiencing the issues that I explained.

I would appreciate any help or sharing of experiences with the app, Thank you.

Calvicool, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Wilfred Mac
    Wilfred Mac Guest
    Cannot connect to party xbox live

Hi,

Server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the party chat Xbox live on the Xbox app. To help you resolve this issue, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different profile and check if the issue persist?
    • Were you able to connect to the party chat before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app on your computer?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below:

Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Xbox app NAT type on Windows 10 displays “Teredo is unable to qualify”

Wilfred Mac, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest

Hi,

If you are experiencing the issue within the past few hours, we would like to inform you that we are currently experiencing a Service Alert Status on Xbox Live Services. You can check it on this
    link.

Affected services are managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing, Friends and Party. You may click on the
    Notify me button so we can notify you once this issue is resolved.

If you are still experiencing the same issue even if the Service Status is up and running, we suggest that you restart your router and your computer.

For further assistance, feel free to post your queries at anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 21, 2017
  5. Loraine Mon Win User

Hi,

If you are experiencing the issue within the past few hours, we would like to inform you that we are currently experiencing a Service Alert Status on Xbox Live Services. You can check it on this
    link.

Affected services are managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing, Friends and Party. You may click on the
    Notify me button so we can notify you once this issue is resolved.

If you are still experiencing the same issue even if the Service Status is up and running, we suggest that you restart your router and your computer.

For further assistance, feel free to post your queries at anytime.
  6. Wilfred Mac Win User

Cannot connect to party xbox live

Hi,

Server error is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to connect to the party chat Xbox live on the Xbox app. To help you resolve this issue, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different profile and check if the issue persist?
    • Were you able to connect to the party chat before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app on your computer?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below:

Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Xbox app NAT type on Windows 10 displays “Teredo is unable to qualify”
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify

8. XBF George L Win User

Подключение к серверу заблокировано (Mod Translation: The connection to the server is blocked )

9. XBF Crystal P Win User

forza horizon 4 giriş ekranı problemi (Mod Translation: Forza Horizon 4 Login screen problem)

Thema:

1. Unable to use party chat through Xbox Windows 10 App - Similar Threads - Unable party chat

2. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  3. I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to join parties on my pc and it says my profile is unable to use parties but i...: I have been trying for months to join my friends on my pc but it says i am unable to use parties because my profile can't, why am i having this issue on my pc but not my xbox...
  4. New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in: Xbox App for windows recently updated and now I cant hear or talk in a party. App had me update to version 2311.1001.7.0 and now i cannot hear my friends in a party or talk to them properly. I am...
  5. "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar..

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar..: "Your Xbox profile is unable to use parties" error on pc game bar.. this error just started last night randomly. I was in party just fine. Tried to join another. I can join it but i cant hear...
  6. Unable to join and talk on xbox parties

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to join and talk on xbox parties: I have been told that my xbox profile is not able to join parties but i have no active suspensions. I went into my settings and everything is allowed. I still cannot hear my friends. Ive reset my...
  7. unable to connect to parties on game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    unable to connect to parties on game bar: hi all for the past few days i have been unable to join parties on xbox game bar i have tried several solutions which are a follows 1. i have repaired the app in windows setting 2. i have reset...
  8. Unable to connect to parties on ios Xbox app on Wi-Fi, but works on LTE.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to connect to parties on ios Xbox app on Wi-Fi, but works on LTE.: I am having an odd issue where I am unable to connect to anyone’s parties including my own on my iPhone SE 2 while on my Wi-Fi connection, but when I turn off WI-FI and use my cellular connection,...
  9. Unable to talk in parties/online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to talk in parties/online: My headset isn’t allowing me to speak. I’ve done everything to try and resolve the issue, even getting another headset and controller. Is there anything I can do?...
  10. How to fix being unable to talk or hear in xbox party chat on Windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix being unable to talk or hear in xbox party chat on Windows?: I haven't had any problems yesterday but today when I joined a party I was unable to hear other members and they were unable to hear me. This doesn't occur in other apps like discord or in game...