Unable to update MSFS anymore via xbox app on pc

Discus and support Unable to update MSFS anymore via xbox app on pc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i am unable to update MSFS to the last version (last world update) as it is not available via xbox app and via microsoft store as well. It just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jan Vlk, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Jan Vlk
    Jan Vlk Guest

Hi, i am unable to update MSFS to the last version (last world update) as it is not available via xbox app and via microsoft store as well. It just shows "play". But no update option. I did everything, like reinstalling xbox app, resetting store cache (wsreset), reinstalling MS gaming service, scanning disc for possible failures.. logging out and in from account.. no success. I have DVD premium deluxe version. Last update i get via xbox pc app, but now there is no option to update. I found some information that the DVD version expires in 3 years or so and it is necessary to reinstall the whole MSFS via xbox app to be up to date.. I am just trying to get rid of the option to reinstall the whole simulator..

Thx for any hint.

Jan

:)

Jan Vlk, Aug 9, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Jan Vlk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to update Microsoft Flight Simulator and is unable to do so through Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

Based the description, there is last version that is available however, not on Xbox app and Microsoft Store. There is a possibility that you are looking forward to using a build exclusive for Alpha tester of the game. To ensure you can participate or else to clarify the latest build or latest version of the game, we encourage you to reach out to the game studio support. Kindly use this link to reach out to support: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support.

Should you wish to post in the forums of Microsoft Flight Simulator, please use this link: Microsoft Flight Simulator Forum.

As this is out of scope for us on the Xbox Forums, we are going to close the thread. If you still need assistance with an Xbox product or service, feel free to create a new thread. Thanks again for posting your question, and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. MaxiDoom Win User

Latest mandatory update for flight simulator 2020 not showing up or downloading in microsoft store.

I can also confirm this worked for me on PC. I downloaded the XBOX app via the store.

Then, in store, clicked the three dots.

Then "downloads and updates" and sure enough there was an update for MSFS 2020 1.19.9.0. This was 507.0MB.

I then started MSFS 2020 which went to its own install manager and showed me the "Standard Content" mandatory update which was 108.12MB. The total download, however, was 3.19GB.

I then downloaded all available updates in content manager.

Once all this was complete I quit to desktop and restarted MSFS 2020 without issue.

I think it's VERY strange to need to install the XBOX app for any updates to show in the PC's Microsoft store!!
  4. Captain G64 Win User

Flight Simulator keeps telling me to press any key. Can't log into Xbox Live. Back to FS. Infinite loop!!!

Thanks Matteus,

That article describes crashes or crashes to desktop, neither of which I'm experiencing. This is a loop where Xbox Live doesn't seem to let me log in, sends me back to MSFS which send me back to Xbox Live to log in. Nothing is crashing. I can confirm that all updates are installed via the MS Store, including all relevant Gaming Services updates. I'm not keen on stripping down everything on my PC - hardware, software and drivers every time I get an MSFS issue, which is what the article suggests. I may as well just have a dedicated MSFS PC with nothing else on it. It really shouldn't be this difficult. It seems every couple of weeks there's another issue.
  5. pasqualeeno Win User

Update MS Flightsimulator

Hi!

There is an official solution for this isssue provided by the MSFS support team via twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFS_Support/status/1435282985490599938

The solution consist of the following steps:

1. Install the Xbox App from the Windows Store (link) and launch it
    2. Then, go back to Microsoft Store > ... > Downloads and Updates > Get Updates
    Now, the MSFS update may appear.

Keep us posted :)

Regards
  6. Kroniid_b Win User

Xbox one wireless controller bricked during update.

I tried to update it using PC via cable and xbox accessories app.
Thema:

1. Unable to update MSFS anymore via xbox app on pc - Similar Threads - Unable update MSFS

2. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  3. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  4. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  5. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  6. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  7. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  8. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  9. Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app

in XBoX on Windows
    Since about a week ago, I have been unable to update almost any game on PC Xbox (Game Pass) app: Whenever I try to the app gives me the "0xd05e010f" error, whatever that means. Darktide, Palworld, you name it, the only game that i've been able to successfully update was Minecraft Does anyone...
  10. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...