Unable to update Minecraft for windows

Discus and support Unable to update Minecraft for windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Greg1233, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Greg1233
    Greg1233 Guest

My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it through the Microsoft Store, I encountered an issue where Minecraft for Windows no longer appeared in the listings; only Minecraft Java Edition was visible. A few weeks ago, both versions were accessible in the store. Despite attempting to update all programs and even uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft from the launcher, the PC version stubbornly remained on 1.20.41.

This discrepancy has become a significant problem because the differing versions prevent us from playing together in our shared world. Although we don't play frequently, my son is currently unwell, and playing Minecraft together was his specific wish. This situation is particularly disappointing given that I am paying a monthly fee so we can play toghether. Unfortunately, due to Microsoft's update policy, it feels like I've paid for a service that is currently useless.

Do You have an explanation for this issue?

:)

Greg1233, Dec 6, 2023
  2. IAm French Win User

Yes, I'm having this same issue and i don't know what's wrong I've tried everything and it's still not working, and I've tried reporting it to Minecraft on their website and they make it so difficult.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Greg1233 my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

I understand your frustration entirely! It's incredibly disappointing to have your family gaming time hampered by a technical glitch, especially when your son is unwell and looking forward to playing together. The version discrepancy between your Switch and PC Minecraft, coupled with the disappearance of Minecraft for Windows from the Microsoft Store, paints a confusing picture. Here are some potential explanations and troubleshooting steps:

1. Regional differences:

While less likely, there's a chance that your region might have a staggered rollout for Minecraft updates. This could explain why your son's Switch received 1.20.50 while your PC held onto 1.20.41.
    2. Microsoft Store inconsistencies:

Sometimes, the Microsoft Store can be buggy, displaying inaccurate information or temporarily hiding specific games. This might be the reason you're only seeing Minecraft Java Edition and not the regular Windows version.
    3. Launcher issues:

Even after reinstalling Minecraft, the launcher might be holding onto outdated files or configurations, preventing it from recognizing the available update.
    Troubleshooting steps:

Check your region settings: Ensure your Microsoft account and the store are set to the same region as your son's Switch.
    Refresh the Microsoft Store: Close and reopen the Microsoft Store app, or try accessing it through a web browser.
    Clear the Microsoft Store cache: Search online for instructions on how to clear the Store's cache based on your Windows version. This can sometimes resolve display glitches.

Update the Minecraft launcher: Open the launcher and check for updates. Sometimes, it might not automatically grab the latest version.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra
  4. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Site Won't launch App(minecraft oculus update)

Hello EOEOEOFNJMFKJG LELELE,

Can you check if you have installed all available updates for Apple Software Update and Windows Update?

Is this the only website you are unable to visit?

Make sure your Date and Time is properly set.

Try accessing this alternate link : Buy Minecraft for Windows | Xbox

Let us see how it goes.
  5. DariusIY Win User

Unable to play Minecraft with Xbox Game Pass

it says unable to update minecraft native launcher
  6. Matthew van der Veld Win User

Minecraft Launcher won't install

Good Day

I a having the same issue with the game pass minecraft. It says unable to update minecraft native launcher.
Thema:

1. Unable to update Minecraft for windows - Similar Threads - Unable update Minecraft

2. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  3. Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x)

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to update/reinstall Insider Hub (series x): On Xbox Series X (console) I'm unable to install the latest version/update of Insiders Hub. After waiting around 15 minutes at 99% I power cycled and same issue. Uninstalled, rebooted, and tried...
  4. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  5. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  6. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  7. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  8. Unable to update the minecraft native laucnher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update the minecraft native laucnher: tried everything i could search up for, reinstalled it like 50 times and noticed the logo was green when my old one was whiteish cream. i tried running it as administrator also didnt work. idk...
  9. Minecraft: unable to download the launcher update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: unable to download the launcher update.: Minecraft Java won't open. The Minecraft launcher won't update: "Unable to download the launcher update. Launching previous version." When I click OK on this, it tries to download again. Then it...
  10. Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher": I am running Windows 7, which I know is unsupported but the legacy launcher still is so I thought I'd give this a try after MojangTech Support ghosted me. I am trying to play Minecraft Java. I...