Unable to sync second controller to xbox 360 slim

Discus and support Unable to sync second controller to xbox 360 slim in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Have been through recommended procedure and fixes (removal of power, hdmi etc) with no success. Problem seems to be that connector button on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SteveStaceyYX, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Unable to sync second controller to xbox 360 slim

Hi

Have been through recommended procedure and fixes (removal of power, hdmi etc) with no success. Problem seems to be that connector button on console (not controller) doesn't work so not spinning around when pressed etc. Controller does try and sync but not
    console.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

(First controller already synced and working great)

:)

SteveStaceyYX, Oct 7, 2016
  2. Vdeathrow93
    Vdeathrow93 Guest
    Old Xbox 360 controller not working on slim

The old controller work with the Xbox 360 slim. Have you been following these steps to sync your controller?:

To sync them up, power on the Xbox and the controller. Then push the sync button on the Xbox (small black button next to the USB ports on the front), then push the sync button on the controller (location varies depending on the type of controller). When
    you push the sync button the green light will spin in a circle (on both the Xbox and the controller). If the light doesn’t spin in a circle then it isn’t in sync mode and you might have a problem with the controller.

I did this with my own Xbox slim and my old controllers so I know it is possible.

Here is a youtube video of someone showing it work/how to do it:

Hope it works! Happy gaming!

Vdeathrow93, Oct 7, 2016
  3. sM4llziEy
    sM4llziEy Guest
    Green light wont turn on

Have you synced the controller to the Xbox 360 system? Turn on the Xbox 360 system and controller, on top of the controller there should be a small button, hold that button. On the White Xbox 360 or Black Xbox 360 elite, there should be a button too, press
    it and your controller should sync up with the Xbox, the controller will confirm this by flashing.

On the Xbox 360 slim, the button is located inside the USB bay.

sM4llziEy, Oct 7, 2016
  4. sM4llziEy Win User

Green light wont turn on

Have you synced the controller to the Xbox 360 system? Turn on the Xbox 360 system and controller, on top of the controller there should be a small button, hold that button. On the White Xbox 360 or Black Xbox 360 elite, there should be a button too, press
    it and your controller should sync up with the Xbox, the controller will confirm this by flashing.

On the Xbox 360 slim, the button is located inside the USB bay.
  5. CrypticZer0 Win User

can"t get controller to sync

To get the controller and console synced, are you pressing both sync buttons on your controller and the Xbox 360?

The sync button on the controller is the small circular button on the top in between the two bumper buttons (LB/RB) and the small button on the front of the Xbox 360 respectively which should show a symbol similar to the following depending on which way you're
    looking at it: (((

Of note, I was referencing my Xbox 360 Arcade model as a description as I don't own the new Xbox 360 Slim. So if you do have an Xbox 360 Slim model then the Sync button on the console should be on the front to the right next to the USB ports.

Once you have pressed both sync buttons then your controller and console should be synced up as both should flash and will show the current position the controller is synced to, such as "Player 1" which is the top left light quadrant on the controller and console.

If you're still having trouble even after attempting to do that then please come back and explain the issue more. Hopefully this will help you out though.
  6. Vdeathrow93 Win User

Old Xbox 360 controller not working on slim

The old controller work with the Xbox 360 slim. Have you been following these steps to sync your controller?:

To sync them up, power on the Xbox and the controller. Then push the sync button on the Xbox (small black button next to the USB ports on the front), then push the sync button on the controller (location varies depending on the type of controller). When
    you push the sync button the green light will spin in a circle (on both the Xbox and the controller). If the light doesn’t spin in a circle then it isn’t in sync mode and you might have a problem with the controller.

I did this with my own Xbox slim and my old controllers so I know it is possible.

Here is a youtube video of someone showing it work/how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGdw_oi0Xc

Hope it works! Happy gaming!
  7. Maximilian S Win User

360 Slim - Rapidly flashing green light, doesn't boot properly!

Press the Sync Button on your XBox 360 Slim and turn it on hold it (Sync Button)
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

Can't play two players

Thema:

Unable to sync second controller to xbox 360 slim

1. Unable to sync second controller to xbox 360 slim - Similar Threads - Unable sync second

2. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....
  3. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  4. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  5. I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to add UPI as Payment Method: Hello, recently I bought an Xbox Game Pass and used UPI as the payment method. However, to my surprise, on the day of its renewal, my UPI account was automatically deleted, and now I am unable to...
  6. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  7. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  8. Unable to place order

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to place order: For the past few days I've been trying to order a custom controller through the design lab everytime I check out it keeps saying Unable to place order I made the controller using the favorite...
  9. Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controllers unable to sync with Xbox Series X: The issue at hand is my Xbox controllers are having issues with connecting/syncing the only fix I have found to use them is to use the USB C to directly connect them to the console. Upon trying to...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 unable to sync data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 unable to sync data: Hi guys. I gave my account to my brother so he can play forza horizon 5 and when i singed in to play the game won't sync my data and it's saying use offline or try again and when I try again it...