Unable to switch account through xbox app

Discus and support Unable to switch account through xbox app in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am unable to switch accounts. I have 2 accounts on my PC, my main email which is alt gaming and my alt email which is main gaming. The Xbox app will... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Benjamin Fox 1710, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Unable to switch account through xbox app

I am unable to switch accounts.

I have 2 accounts on my PC, my main email which is alt gaming and my alt email which is main gaming. The Xbox app will only allow me to sign in to my alt gaming as the "Switch Account" button doesn't do anything when clicked.

I have contacted Xbox support who just simply said to do a PC reset. I did an over-install as I'm not losing everything I have.

I have made sure all Xbox services are running as well as reset and repair the Xbox app. I am able to switch accounts in the Microsoft Store.

If I try signing in to the Minecraft Launcher with a Microsoft Account, the Xbox window opens and then immediately closes.

All help is appreciated.

:)

Benjamin Fox 1710, Jun 10, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Have you tries signing in to another PC so we can isolate if this issue only happen this specific device? Kindly make sure there are no pending updates.
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

Kindly press Windows key + R to launch the Run box.

Type in services.msc and click OK. When Services open scroll down to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.

Double-click on it to open Properties.

Note: The startup type should be set to Manual.

If you see Startup status on Stopped in the lower left portion, click/tap on Start, then Apply, and OK. Please verify if the issue still persists.
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

I appreciate you trying the steps, Benjamin. Can you try signing in using another PC so we can further isolate the issue? You can also select the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed.
  5. Have Fun1 Win User

i have the same issue. i got 2 account. one of it is gamepass account. and it doesnt let me switch to another account. very frustrating. now i cant play any games
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Thema:

1. Unable to switch account through xbox app - Similar Threads - Unable switch account

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  10. Why am I unable to join minecraft nintendo switch world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to join minecraft nintendo switch world: Hello, I am trying to join my sister's minecraft world she plays on switch and I play on xbox she can join my world but I can't join her world I have tried restarting my xbox doing a power cycle...