Unable to swap Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to swap Microsoft Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I appear to be having issues swapping my Gamertag to a different Microsoft account - I moved a gamertag off of the account I want to switch to which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CXloud-F7049505-13EA-464E-A4A6-4D582CB6CC4B, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Unable to swap Microsoft Account

I appear to be having issues swapping my Gamertag to a different Microsoft account - I moved a gamertag off of the account I want to switch to which went through fine, but when moving the Gamertag to the now blank account, it says I can't do it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Do I need to wait 30 days?

In case it's a factor, the account I want to move to is used on my Windows phone, I have purchased apps, but do not have a billing account as it's billed through my mobile network.

:)

CXloud-F7049505-13EA-464E-A4A6-4D582CB6CC4B, Apr 9, 2015
  2. TerrorFields
    TerrorFields Guest
    Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag

I mostly play on my Xbox One, but I still have the 360. I'm trying to switch from the family Microsoft account associated with my gamertag to my personal gmail Microsoft account. The only way I found so far is through the 360.

The live account for the gmail is set up, yet I get "sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now" error on my 360. I have been at it since Destiny launched in September, so I've waited plenty of time.

Anyone else have this problem?

TerrorFields, Apr 9, 2015
  3. Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag

Greeting TerrorFields,

Sorry no one has been able to respond to you within a reasonable time frame, I hope you have a good new year!

Let me try help you the best I can. When using the swap method through the 360 you have to take a few things into consideration

• Your profile must remain on the console for 30 days
    • Your new Microsoft Account set up for the swap must be registered for 30 days
    • Re-downloading your profile within that 30 days will reset the counter.
    Solutions:

• Wait until your Microsoft Account (For Gmail) is registered for 30 days and leave the profile on the console for 30 days without re-downloading. It might be a bit difficult if you have to recover the Gamertag to your console.
    ALTERNATIVELY

1. Visit Sign in to your Microsoft account
    2. Verify via a security code to pass security
    3. Add E-mail alias
    4. Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias
    5. Verify the (GMAIL) e-mail address you added
    6. Make primary
    7. Remove the old e-mail address (optional, not advised)
    If you would like more information on this please check the link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Please let me know if this information was useful to you

Regards,

Dan

DanielGabriel2, Apr 9, 2015
  4. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Unable to swap Microsoft account associated with gamertag

Greeting TerrorFields,

Sorry no one has been able to respond to you within a reasonable time frame, I hope you have a good new year!

Let me try help you the best I can. When using the swap method through the 360 you have to take a few things into consideration

• Your profile must remain on the console for 30 days
    • Your new Microsoft Account set up for the swap must be registered for 30 days
    • Re-downloading your profile within that 30 days will reset the counter.
    Solutions:

• Wait until your Microsoft Account (For Gmail) is registered for 30 days and leave the profile on the console for 30 days without re-downloading. It might be a bit difficult if you have to recover the Gamertag to your console.
    ALTERNATIVELY

1. Visit https://account.live.com/names/Manage
    2. Verify via a security code to pass security
    3. Add E-mail alias
    4. Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias
    5. Verify the (GMAIL) e-mail address you added
    6. Make primary
    7. Remove the old e-mail address (optional, not advised)
    If you would like more information on this please check the link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Please let me know if this information was useful to you

Regards,

Dan
  5. Claxixx Win User

Microsoft Account Swap

Anyone?

Also, could I add an alias to this account and make that my primary account for Xbox and then later on remove the other account?
  6. NoNameMcGee Win User

Swap live and microsoft account

the steps may be the same but with the new UI on xbox one the option is no longer there. There is of course a chance there is something I'm missing or didn't notice but I've looked multiple times.
  7. XBF - Evie Win User

Swapping mojang account to microsoft.

Hello BenK_968,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having some issues with Minecraft: JAVA Edition. Let us look into this together to get you back to gaming.

Please visit the Mojang support article Microsoft Account Migration Issues and FAQ. Your issue is directly addressed within this article. Since this is a migration and entitlement issue, we recommend that you continue to utilize Mojang support for this issue.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  8. TragicSkies Win User

Swap live and microsoft account

Hello sp00fy,

I've tried these steps previously personally, they are quite a headache actually to do. Although, I do think the steps work quite the same. You do have to make sure the account you are transferring to is atleast 30 days old or you won't be able to do the
    step to finalize it. Hope this helps and continue to ask if you need more help.
Thema:

Unable to swap Microsoft Account

1. Unable to swap Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable swap Microsoft

2. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  3. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  6. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  7. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  8. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  9. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  10. why am i unable to right click on games?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i unable to right click on games?: so before this issue, i was trying to fix the game bar not running in background and then shortcuts not working. but after i fixed them suddenly whenever i right click on a game in my game library...