Unable to spend money which is in my Sons microsoft balance (upgrades from a gift card)

Discus and support Unable to spend money which is in my Sons microsoft balance (upgrades from a gift card) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son has 25 euro’s on his Microsoft balance, however, hè can’t spend it. As a parent, I had to allow his purchase. However this is only possible by... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Herro Breuer, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Herro Breuer
    Herro Breuer Guest

Unable to spend money which is in my Sons microsoft balance (upgrades from a gift card)

My son has 25 euro’s on his Microsoft balance, however, hè can’t spend it. As a parent, I had to allow his purchase. However this is only possible by transfering (additional) money. But as mentioned , there is already 25 euro’s (enough) in his account. How can we arrange the payment from there? (Adding additional payment options doesnt show anything related to a gift card/money in his account either)

:)

Herro Breuer, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Herro,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Herro,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your son is having trouble spending the money in his Microsoft balance. To use the funds in his account, he needs to make sure that he is signed in to his account on the Xbox console or on the Microsoft Store website.

If he is still having trouble, he can try the following steps:

1. Make sure that the game or item he is trying to purchase is compatible with his Xbox console or Windows device.

2. Check that the payment option selected is "Microsoft account balance" and not a credit card or other payment method.

3. If he is still unable to make the purchase, we highly suggest contacting Xbox Live Support so they can further check your son's account and remove any purchase restriction. You can reach them on this link: Contact us | Xbox Support. Click on Contact Us to chat with support or request a callback.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. R4FTY Win User

Unable to use Xbox gift card balance.

If your son is unable to use the balance on his Xbox gift card after redeeming it on his Microsoft account, it's possible that there is an issue with the account that is signed in on the Xbox console. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Make sure that your son is signed in to the correct Microsoft account on the Xbox console. If he has multiple accounts, it's possible that he may have accidentally signed in to the wrong one, which could explain why he's unable to use the gift card balance.
    2. Check to see if there are any restrictions on the account that could be preventing your son from using the gift card balance. For example, some accounts may have a spending limit that limits the amount of money that can be spent in a given period of time.
    3. Check to see if there are any outstanding balances on the account that could be preventing your son from using the gift card balance. If there is an outstanding balance on the account, your son may not be able to use the gift card balance until the balance is paid off.
    4. Make sure that the gift card balance is being applied to the correct account. If your son has multiple accounts on the console, it's possible that the balance may be applied to the wrong account.
    If you've tried these steps and your son is still unable to use the gift card balance, you may want to try contacting Xbox customer support for assistance. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and determine the cause of the problem.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Purchase Problem

It's true. You can't use funds from a gift card (which is what the Microsoft account balance is) to purchase a gift card.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox balance on account

stored value

What happens if I buy a Microsoft gift card in Germany in euros and add it to my account, and then move to the United Kingdom? Does it convert from euros to British pounds?

Balances are not converted from one currency to another. You must spend the value of the currency in which it was purchased. You will have to buy another Microsoft gift card when you move to another country or region, because the balance you have in one
    currency will not work in another marketplace.
Thema:

1. Unable to spend money which is in my Sons microsoft balance (upgrades from a gift card) - Similar Threads - Unable spend money

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. I have Turkey Liras in my account balance but I am unable to spend it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have Turkey Liras in my account balance but I am unable to spend it.: I currently have 600 TRY in my Microsoft balance. When I go to use the money to buy something for 300 TRY it keeps giving me this error message. I have tried on my xbox one, phone, and PC. I have...
  10. Unable to click on spending under my Son's account., getting an error below

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to click on spending under my Son's account., getting an error below: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: An3y/Lju80Sr8j3u.14.325...