Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows. Getting 0x80070520 error code.

Discus and support Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows. Getting 0x80070520 error code. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I cannot sign into the Windows Xbox app, as it gives me error code 0x80070520 and the troubleshooting site itself says there is no solution. I would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Daniel Di Re, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Daniel Di Re
    Daniel Di Re Guest

I cannot sign into the Windows Xbox app, as it gives me error code 0x80070520 and the troubleshooting site itself says there is no solution. I would really like to play Forza Horizon 4 which I purchased today. Works fine on my Xbox One but needs the Xbox
    app to work on PC.

:)

Daniel Di Re, Sep 28, 2018
  2. kinksy1000
    kinksy1000 Guest
    Xbox Win 10 App unable to sign in

On the Xbox app, win 10, when oppening it says... "We were unable to sign you in to Xbox Live" with the error code 0x80070520. On searching for the error code "no support articles were found". Any assistance welcome

kinksy1000, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Naruto_64
    Naruto_64 Guest
    Cannot sign into Xbox Live

This is the error code I get when I try to sign into Xbox Live: 0x80070520.

Naruto_64, Sep 28, 2018
  4. SLB4EVERPT
    SLB4EVERPT Guest

Try to follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Go to Settings.

3. Select Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

4. Select Windows Store Apps under Find and fix other problems.

5. Click Run the troubleshooter.

6. If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.

7. Follow the on-screen instruction.

Let us know if worked.

SLB4EVERPT, Sep 28, 2018
  5. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Hi Daniel, in the Windows Store you can search for the "Xbox App (beta)" and install that and that might work better for you. If troubleshooting the normal app doesn't work, that could be a workaround for you.

maxen, Sep 28, 2018
  6. Daniel Di Re
    Daniel Di Re Guest
    Unfortunately none of these solutions worked, and I lost patience and reset my Windows entirely. Other than using the beta app (which has the same problem as the usual xbox app), I had tried the other solutions already (sometimes multiple times) along with
    about a dozen other solutions I found online for similar problems, yet none of them worked. The reset did. Hopefully anyone else who has this problem in the future solves it better than I did.

Thanks for your assistance

Daniel Di Re, Nov 5, 2018
  7. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Try to follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Click the Start button.

2. Go to Settings.

3. Select Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

4. Select Windows Store Apps under Find and fix other problems.

5. Click Run the troubleshooter.

6. If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.

7. Follow the on-screen instruction.

Let us know if worked.
  8. Daniel Di Re Win User

Unfortunately none of these solutions worked, and I lost patience and reset my Windows entirely. Other than using the beta app (which has the same problem as the usual xbox app), I had tried the other solutions already (sometimes multiple times) along with
    about a dozen other solutions I found online for similar problems, yet none of them worked. The reset did. Hopefully anyone else who has this problem in the future solves it better than I did.

Thanks for your assistance
  9. maxen Win User

I cannot sign into the Windows Xbox app, as it gives me error code 0x80070520 and the troubleshooting site itself says there is no solution. I would really like to play Forza Horizon 4 which I purchased today. Works fine on my Xbox One but needs the Xbox
    app to work on PC.
    Hi Daniel, in the Windows Store you can search for the "Xbox App (beta)" and install that and that might work better for you. If troubleshooting the normal app doesn't work, that could be a workaround for you.
  10. XBF Amber M Win User

0x80070520

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble signing into your profile. Based on the error code you're receiving (0x80070520), I'm guessing you're attempting to sign in via the Xbox App.

After researching online, I came across these troubleshooting steps within our community for the issue that you're describing.

[ Direct Link: Can't sign into Xbox App 0x80070520]

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Navigate to the following:
      • C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    3. Delete the Accounts
      and Cache folders.
    4. Try the Xbox app again.

Let us know if that helps!

Good luck!
  11. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

0x80070520

Hi Sebastian,

I have found that this was answered and seemed to work for others. Try to check out this Link listed below:

0x80070520 Solved

Let me know if this helps :)
Thema:

1. Unable to sign into the Xbox app on Windows. Getting 0x80070520 error code. - Similar Threads - Unable sign app

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  3. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  4. Unable to sign in to account for xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to account for xbox live: Attempting to log into fortnite, for last 5 days, it says unable to log into your account for xbox live. Try later. Tried everything so far & no luck. Any suggestions?...
  5. Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign into fortnite and rocket league: My son is unable to sign onto his fortnite account and hasnt been able to sign in for months. The error message on screen is 'Unable to sign in to your account for xbox live. Please try again...
  6. Unable to sign in using other devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in using other devices: Hi. I’m doing these steps: 1. On Xbox I click on add account 2. I go to other devices 3. I open microsoft.com/link in one of my devices and enter the code that appears on the screen 4. I log...
  7. Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11: I had an issue with the xbox app not opening after an update the other day. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the app to download. however now i cannot sign in. The screen flashed black for a...
  8. Unable to sign in to xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in to xbox app: Hey Everybody I tried signing into my xbox app after getting game pass, and the login modal pops up for like a split second then disappears. I have tried resetting it, terminating it, restarting...
  9. Unable to sign into the Xbox app on PC Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign into the Xbox app on PC Windows 10: When I try to sign into the Xbox app on my PC (windows 10) the screen turns black and then resets to the home page. When I try to access the Microsoft store I get an error screen that says page...
  10. Unable to sign into different account on xbox app pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into different account on xbox app pc: I tried signing into my account this morning and whenever i sign out of my brothers and click sign in it doesn't give me the option to choose a account but just signs straight into my brothers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign into xbox 0x80070520