Unable to set static ip

Discus and support Unable to set static ip in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to set static ip When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Unable to set static ip

Unable to set static ip
    When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for LAN setup gears of war 3 connected to a switch. This setup works on my old xbox360,
    though i also tried gateway with ip for example 192.168.1.x. However it does not allow me to go through after trying to config default gateway, strange thing is when i did get through once or twice, got to fill out dns ok, but then it did not save the config
    and filled out automatic ip again. Any ideas why? Note: wireless is also configured and works correctly i can get on xbox live and all. / tried it without cable plugged in and with / rebooted / also noticed i got apipa assigned
    once or twice 169.x.x.x, is it expecting DHCP? Maybe from switch/ Thanks in advance for the help

:)

ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016
  2. Unable to set static ip

Unable to set static ip
    Your gateway and DNS need to be the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (I would guess), if you have these as 0.0.0.0 not networking will work.

Your GATEWAY tells the other connections on your network who and were you are, so you need to have that.

DNS allows you to know the IP of hostnames on the network.

If you do not want the internet give them all another subnet 192.168.2.n on each box and put the gateway as 192.168.2.1, it wont find it, but should allow you to play against each other, but if your game need you to sign in then you wont be able to play.

ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Unable to set static ip

Your gateway and DNS need to be the IP of your router 192.168.1.1 (I would guess), if you have these as 0.0.0.0 not networking will work.

Your GATEWAY tells the other connections on your network who and were you are, so you need to have that.

DNS allows you to know the IP of hostnames on the network.

If you do not want the internet give them all another subnet 192.168.2.n on each box and put the gateway as 192.168.2.1, it wont find it, but should allow you to play against each other, but if your game need you to sign in then you wont be able to play.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Nov 18, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Unable to set static ip