Unable to set static ip address

Discus and support Unable to set static ip address in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to set static ip address When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Unable to set static ip address

When i go to network > advanced settings > manual > type ip OK 192.168.1.2 , subnet Ok 255.255.255.0, then gateway i would like to have 0.0.0.0 as i need this purely for LAN setup gears of war 3 connected to a switch. This setup works on my old xbox360,
    though i also tried gateway with ip for example 192.168.1.x. However it does not allow me to go through after trying to config default gateway, strange thing is when i did get through once or twice, got to fill out dns ok, but then it did not save the config
    and filled out automatic ip again. Any ideas why? Note: wireless is also configured and works correctly i can get on xbox live and all. / tried it without cable plugged in and with / rebooted Thanks in advance for the help

:)

ChrisMcClane187, Nov 18, 2016
  2. iamquackary
    iamquackary Guest
    SOS: can't fix my Xbox One

I'll update you guys again. I've been working on it tonight. I tried the static IP address again. I have Linksys SmartWiFi so i can adjust some settings.

What I did is setup a DHCP reservation for the Xbox One with an IP address within the range setup on my router, which is assigned to the MAC address of the Xbox.
    I also setup a static routing setting where I manually entered in an IP address, a subnet mask, and a gateway. I used the same IP address I chose above, for subnet mask I used the same one that shows under my router settings, and I used the gateway that is the "start" IP address in the range of addresses available.

After that I restart the console, enter all the same info into the manual IP address setup on the Xbox, I run the test, It says "Can't connect with a static IP address."

This is all along the lines of the stuff both Microsoft as well as Linksys had me do. Nothing worked.

I'm ready to shoot the thing with my .45.

iamquackary, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Dragon84
    Dragon84 Guest
    Xbox One WiFi problem

I have a router but I have no idea about how to assign a static IP address. Do you do it through the router or through the Xbox One?

Dragon84, Nov 18, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: