Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue

Discus and support Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 4 switches left on my home xbox and when I was switching to a mates xbox it said it was "unable to save changes". we thought it was an issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ArmyOfOne2410, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue

I have 4 switches left on my home xbox and when I was switching to a mates xbox it said it was "unable to save changes". we thought it was an issue with the console till I tested it on another xbox with the same account and we got the same error message.
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if they managed to resolve it.

Thanks.

:)

ArmyOfOne2410, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Ko0gl3s
    Ko0gl3s Guest
    Can't save my home xbox on my account?

I can't save my home xbox on my account. I get a message saying something went wrong we were unable to save changes, please can you help!

Ko0gl3s, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Home Xbox Issues

I'm trying to set my account as my home xbox but everytime i try it it says "Unable to save your changes: Something went wrong when we tried to save your changes Please make your changes again" I've tried deleting the account & re downloading it and there
    is still 4 switches left. HELP!

I Fanboy Vott, Oct 9, 2017
  4. choppyseize Win User

'Unable to save changes' home xbox issue

You have to remove yourself from the previous Xbox you have designated as the home one. You can't be on both simultaneously. Also sharing accounts with friends, family etc is really risky and depending how you go about it also against the Xbox TOS. People
    lose accounts all the time by doing this and not being careful, Or they become victims of fraud, receive bans etc. If it's just to play a few games during the afternoon I wouldn't do this if I were you.
  5. Left Lard Win User

If you mean that did I set his account as mine home xbox then yes. But he can't set mine account as his.
  6. AHarvell Win User

I am so sorry, my comment has nothing to do with the original post.

I am having a problem amd I didn't know how to post this or where.

My Xbox One was on idle, the controller turned off. The screen came back on, it went off of my game, went to the Microsoft Store, and began downloading a free app when I did a hard reset.

I thought we were seeing things at first. Why and how can my Xbox operate without a person?

Is something wrong with it?

Thank you in advance to whoever helps with this issue. I am scared to let it go to idle now.
  7. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. That is a good start when trying to resolve most any error.
  8. Dageto Kraft Win User

Hi good day

Have you already used your 5 times in a year?

Note You can have only one home Xbox at a time. You can share purchased games and Gold with others only on your home Xbox. You get 5 switches per year. Customer support cannot offer additional switches.

Maybe I will not leave you for the alert that is there now

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
Thema:

Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue

1. Unable to save changes, setting account to home xbox issue - Similar Threads - Unable save changes

2. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  3. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. My home xbox - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home xbox - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  6. home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X and...
  7. MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY HOME XBOX - Unable to save changes: hello I cant set my account "HOME" When 'set this console as home Xbox' it says that it is Unable to save changes I have 5/5 SWITCH LEFT, this is first time use my account on new XBOX SERIE X...
  8. Xbox series x unable to save progress offline. Please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x unable to save progress offline. Please help.: Hi, I am experiencing issue with offline play on xbox series x. I have 3 games, halo 3, Fallout new vegas and Fallout 3. Halo 3 I have a disk and other two I downloaded from store. Issue is that I...
  9. Unable to save changes when setting account as my home xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to save changes when setting account as my home xbox: [img] Been game sharing with a friend for years and have set his account as my home Xbox several times throughout those years from doing factory resets or getting a new Xbox. Had to factory...
  10. Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy Unable to Complete save bug report HL-3622: Since the 14th of February I have been unable to save the game manually and lost the auto save ability have completed the propose work around of deleting local saved data repeatedly but that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my home xbox unable to save changes

2. unable to save changes home console

3. home xbox unable to save changes

4. unable to save changes home console xbox,
  5. my home xbox cant save changes cant connect to service,
  6. unable to save the changes on xbox,
  7. home xbox issue saying unable to save changes,
  8. unable to save change home xbox