Unable to return faulty Xbox controller

Discus and support Unable to return faulty Xbox controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am very frustrated. My controller has developed stick drift within warranty, so I'm trying to return it but the Microsoft website keeps throwing an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vammatar, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Vammatar
    Vammatar Guest

I am very frustrated. My controller has developed stick drift within warranty, so I'm trying to return it but the Microsoft website keeps throwing an error up before I can print the returns label. It then suggested I contact support but it said "you can't do web chat for this issue". So it suggested I ask for a call back (wait time 1 minute). I click that and it says "we're unable to call you back". This is totally unacceptable service. What am I supposed to do? Make do with a broken controller? Every page I visit is useless and suggests answers that aren't helpful, and I'm unable to actually speak to someone about it.

:)

Vammatar, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Vammatar Win User

Thanks but as I've explained, when I try and request a call it says "unable" and there is no way to actually talk to a human being. I feel like I'm being expected to give up here which is unacceptable.

If you can't put me in contact with someone to solve this issue then please can you let me know where I can make a formal complaint? As my device is in warranty but your system is making it impossible to get repaired.

Thanks
  3. Vammatar Win User

Thanks for the reply, but still having no luck.

There were no options for these on the contact us page, but I managed to get to the Virtual Agent and entered my phone number to arrange a callback. I then got the message "We’re unable to process your request for a call back. Please try again later."

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Sam
  4. Stephanie Dequito Win User

5. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi there! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this on your warranty service request. I know how frustrating it can be since I'm a player just like you. Don't worry, let me help you.

Please follow the steps and select the options I provided below in order to contact Xbox Support:

Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    Step 2 ----select see more options then subscription changes.
    Step 3-----select show contact options.
    Step 4 ----select request a call from support.

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request a call from support as a contact option.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  6. Connor T. Maple Win User

Refund service order instead of getting another replacement

I did not activate the Microsoft warranty as it was out of warranty and I had to purchase the replacement controller that was sent to me. The controller is faulty and I want a refund of the replacement order and return the faulty controller sent to me
Thema:

1. Unable to return faulty Xbox controller - Similar Threads - Unable return faulty

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  10. I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm unable to start Xbox return or contact support: I'm having an issue with my Xbox Series X and I'd like Xbox support to investigate. However, I'm unable to contact support. I logged in to my Microsoft account, went to devices, get service,...