Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch)

Discus and support Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch) in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to reiterate, and re-emphasize a common issue not only myself, however, others as well too have had over the years with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Furske, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Furske
    Furske Guest

Hello, I would like to reiterate, and re-emphasize a common issue not only myself, however, others as well too have had over the years with the Platform in regard to Friends and Followers. More specifically, the Followers… Yes this should not come to about any surprise for you or for any one of that sort. Especially any in which are and may not be wanted by some or most people. I’m wanting to share and am in need of some help to remove, in my case, 4 followers in which I do not appear on their Friends List. It appears to be a Bug or some sort of Glitch. With that being said, I do not know how they could then be following me. I have tried all the solutions in my power to fix the problem at hand myself all the way from Xbox Support to Blocking & Un-Blocking with no success unfortunately which brings me here before you today. After extensive Research and Reading, the only solutions to this problem, in great hope, appeared to be here for individuals with the same circumstances that fortunately reached solutions.

Please see the links attached:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-follower-on-xbox-profile/00d38201-6959-4a32-be98-10c1001e066e?page=1

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/cannot-remove-follower/5a887706-a589-41e7-a65e-650602dd57be

This Issue has become a long time pattern in the negative stance for many including myself for the time being. I would like to have these followers removed, via Administrative Override, through the Microsoft Employee Team Of Developers, being I’m no longer affiliated with them and also how some are inactive accounts, as it appears. In conclusion, please let me giving you my feedback today of past to current present day experience and concern as of now to help you help me in retrospect to a solution to better the Platform for the Future in regard to this matter, not only to help me, but for any other future concern of any others that may bring about to you later on this same subject matter. I will wait your response. Thank you for your time.

:)

Furske, Oct 25, 2023
  2. Furske Win User

Wanted to update. As stated before, I would like to add after proceeding with the option given to me by you earlier after reviewing, the reporting the problem through Support does not work for this particular issue at hand. Not only through my testimony, but others as well. To summarize and to give an idea, “There is nothing they can do in their power to fix the problem.” As they would state. It was also said, “it is not possible to remove followers” which we all know or should know, has been proven false time after time and again and again. Unfortunately, some can not be removed and “Why” is the suspicion to the mystery. I have gone through all of this already and is why I’am here to get a more specialized fixation for this special problem. I also have noticed before in other posts and after posting myself, the responses given after problems are presented, an output of a fixed dialogue seems to be granted as if it scripted. I will also follow up with updates from myself if any changes occur in relation to a solution I’m asking for help on or if no results are being produced and get back with you. Also I understand Investigations take some time, therefore I will give enough duration before getting back you. Thank you.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Furske,

Thank you for your quick response, I have received it already. We will get back to you for the updates from our internal support team on how to proceed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

4. Furske Win User

Hello ,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that there are followers in your account that cannot be removed or block in any means that appeared in your friend's list. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

If may ask, are those followers started when you are having your Xbox 360 profile or this has been there when using the next generation of Xbox Console?

We appreciate for sharing the topic where some of the users are having the same issue and how they were able to get assistance in fixing the issue. Before we proceed any further, we would like to set your proper expectation that we do not have the direct contact with the moderator who has helped other user that has the same issue and how they were able to fix it. Here's a plan to help address your concern:

• We will let you reach out our live support channel to see if they have the capability to remove followers as they have more advanced tool.
    • We will consult this topic to our internal support team to see if they can do something on this issue.
    • Use report a problem app that can be downloaded through Microsoft store in your Xbox app.
    Here is how to proceed:

To contact our live support channel, follow the steps here:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

To report the problem using Report a new problem app, follow the steps below:

Use the Report a Problem app on the Xbox console to report an issue or unexpected behavior, which helps Team Xbox investigate and fix problems on the Xbox console. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum]

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A
    Hello Tomm_A,

Thank you for replying. To help you assist more and to answer your question, this has been an ongoing issue on the next generation of Consoles (Xbox One). None of these Followers are on my Friends List on the Xbox 360. That was one of the alternatives I exercised before reaching out any further. Also regarding the other Moderators, I understand you do not have direct contact with them. I was also hoping they would see this post as well and make contact with me. I will see what I can do in regard to reporting it further as you instructed in further dialogue in your response. In the meantime please let me know of any updates. Thank you.
  5. Furske Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for your quick response, I have received it already. We will get back to you for the updates from our internal support team on how to proceed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A
    Tomm_A,

I had checked my Account now and noticed the followers have been removed. Thank you very much for the efforts you and teams put in to fix this problem. Good Job! Thank you.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Furske,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that there are followers in your account that cannot be removed or block in any means that appeared in your friend's list. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

If may ask, are those followers started when you are having your Xbox 360 profile or this has been there when using the next generation of Xbox Console?

We appreciate for sharing the topic where some of the users are having the same issue and how they were able to get assistance in fixing the issue. Before we proceed any further, we would like to set your proper expectation that we do not have the direct contact with the moderator who has helped other user that has the same issue and how they were able to fix it. Here's a plan to help address your concern:

• We will let you reach out our live support channel to see if they have the capability to remove followers as they have more advanced tool.
    • We will consult this topic to our internal support team to see if they can do something on this issue.
    • Use report a problem app that can be downloaded through Microsoft store in your Xbox app.
    Here is how to proceed:

To contact our live support channel, follow the steps here:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

To report the problem using Report a new problem app, follow the steps below:

Use the Report a Problem app on the Xbox console to report an issue or unexpected behavior, which helps Team Xbox investigate and fix problems on the Xbox console. This improves the gaming experience for you and everyone else in the community. In the title of your bug please add [Xbox Forum]

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch) - Similar Threads - Unable Remove Certain

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  6. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  7. Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account: Hi, I have 2 followers on my Xbox account whom I used to play Minecraft with. When restricting my profile to only have in person friends following me and being friends with me on Xbox, these 2...
  8. Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  9. I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...: I am trying to install a game on the Xbox application on PC on Windows 11. The game is at 0% completion and is not progressing. I am unable to cancel or pause the installation. There is another...
  10. Bug — Unable to Remove Friends & Community Upates

in XboX Insiders
    Bug — Unable to Remove Friends & Community Upates: Previously you could add and remove Friends & Community updates (2-3 months ago). Ever since the new dashboard launched, there is no way to edit or remove this from the Home Screen. Games can be...