Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

Discus and support Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jody co, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Jody co
    Jody co Guest

I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account either since she is still in a family group, and cant leave it.

Cole

:)

Jody co, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jody, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you the adult that added his account?

"Only organizers of a family group can remove family members.

Only the adult who granted consent can remove a child account from the family group"

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/leave-family-group-or-remove-members-6d806bbb-eb38-a978-10f4-3bbb814ffcc4
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Unlink an account

Hello Leslie,

Thanks for the additional information. For the transfer unfortunately, no you would be unable to transfer that data from one account to another.

As for the unlink it is possible to unlink from family. Only thing is you would need another parent account to link it to. Here are a couple links that will give you additional information.

1. Removing members from family
    2. add members to your family
    If you are unable to remove the child from the current family you can request a call back and a support agent will be able to assist you with removing the child from the family. Once the account is removed from the family, you will create yourself
    an account, (if you have a Microsoft account will make it easier). You will sign in and follow the guide posted in number 2.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. MindOfTim Win User

Transfer xbox live to seperate account

As far as I'm aware you cannot transfer Xbox Live membership from one account to another. Changing family is possible by either removing the kids from one account then adding to another, or by adding both of your accounts to the same family and giving
    both accounts parental control. If you only use one Xbox you could always make that the home Xbox so any account you use on that Xbox has access to Xbox live or by logging both accounts in which also gives live access but transferring live directly from one
    account to another isnt possible as far as I am aware
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Unlink an account

Hello Leslie,

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Are you referring to unlinking the account from a family or the console itself? If it is from a family you can remove the child from the family then ad to a different one. As for transferring account what
    are you wanting to transfer? If it is games etc there is no way to transfer that from one account to another.

Hope this helps and please provide little more information with the unlink and transfer.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. FabryZio3 Win User

How to transfer xbox account history, status, and achievements to child's account

Hey there :)

You cannot transfer history on another account...

But you can leave this account to your kid and set as a child account, then make a new one for you and set a family so that you can control the kid account...
Thema:

1. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup. - Similar Threads - Unable remove kid

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  6. Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account: Hi, I have 2 followers on my Xbox account whom I used to play Minecraft with. When restricting my profile to only have in person friends following me and being friends with me on Xbox, these 2...
  7. Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  8. Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch): Hello, I would like to reiterate, and re-emphasize a common issue not only myself, however, others as well too have had over the years with the Platform in regard to Friends and Followers. More...
  9. I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...: I am trying to install a game on the Xbox application on PC on Windows 11. The game is at 0% completion and is not progressing. I am unable to cancel or pause the installation. There is another...
  10. Bug — Unable to Remove Friends & Community Upates

in XboX Insiders
    Bug — Unable to Remove Friends & Community Upates: Previously you could add and remove Friends & Community updates (2-3 months ago). Ever since the new dashboard launched, there is no way to edit or remove this from the Home Screen. Games can be...