Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account

Discus and support Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 followers on my Xbox account whom I used to play Minecraft with. When restricting my profile to only have in person friends following me... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by DeadGinger07, Nov 11, 2023.

1. DeadGinger07
    DeadGinger07 Guest

Hi,

I have 2 followers on my Xbox account whom I used to play Minecraft with. When restricting my profile to only have in person friends following me and being friends with me on Xbox, these 2 never disappeared. I have seen previous threads and support questions regarding the same problem and followed what was asked to be attempted to remove it, and nothing on my end appears to be working. This issue is present everywhere my account is logged in (as of rn, it should only be logged into an Xbox One S, a Windows computer, and my phone). I also did have it logged into an Xbox 360 but it never was present there due to the friends list working differently there. I was wondering if there is anything else that could be done since anything i could do on my end? I have already did things such as:

- Blocking these 2 users,

- Reporting my problem to Microsoft,

and neither have seemed to work. These 2 account names are UnkindVI and CrazyPlaZma.

I appreciate any help I could get.

:)

DeadGinger07, Nov 11, 2023
  2. DeadGinger07 Win User

Hello , I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. From the information I found, it seems that there is no official way to remove followers on Xbox However, there are some steps you can take to try to resolve this issue: Block users: You can try to block users who you do not want to follow you To do this, select the gamertag of the player you want to block, then select “Report or Block” and then “Block.” To unblock a player, follow the same steps to access their profile and then select "Unblock" Delete and re-add your profile: Some users have reported that deleting and re-adding their profile on the Xbox console has helped resolve similar issues. To do this, go to “Settings” > “System” > “Console information” > “Reset console” > "Reset and keep games and applications Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
    I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately, I have attempted to block and unblock the 2 accounts for the past year with no luck (resulting in me asking here), and I recently had to make a new email and change a bunch of passwords due to a security breach problem with the password I was using, as well as changing my gamertag. Due to that, i did have to remove and re add my Xbox account to my Xbox console, and my phone, with any other devices either no longer being used or have not been logged back into yet. Unfortunately, neither work on those 2 xbox accounts to remove them.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello DeadGinger07, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. From the information I found, it seems that there is no official way to remove followers on Xbox

However, there are some steps you can take to try to resolve this issue:

Block users: You can try to block users who you do not want to follow you

To do this, select the gamertag of the player you want to block, then select “Report or Block” and then “Block.” To unblock a player, follow the same steps to access their profile and then select "Unblock"

Delete and re-add your profile: Some users have reported that deleting and re-adding their profile on the Xbox console has helped resolve similar issues.

To do this, go to “Settings” > “System” > “Console information” > “Reset console” > "Reset and keep games and applications

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Desolate Fate Win User

Unable to remove a follower.

Just to elaborate on this situation. This person is not following me and they have been blocked.

I messaged the person in question, and then blocked them.

Yet, for some reason this person remains on my followers list.

I can only assume that this is an bug/glitch in the user interface. I have unfortunately had to block others before, and this did not occur, they, in fact, were removed immediately. Yet somehow this person has remained on my followers list.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Unable to remove follower

Hi MIKEO79!

Thanks for reaching out to us! After reviewing the issue you seem to be having, the troubleshooting actions you have taken and doing a bit of research into it, you have done all you can regarding followers. Once blocked, they will no longer be able to view
    your activities or interact with you, but will remain on the list as a follower until they themselves choose to unfollow you.

More information about this is listed on our support pages, specifically about

how to manage friends, followers and favorites in the Xbox App
    , but this also is true for the console as well.

Hope this clears things up and helps as well.
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Unable To Remove A Follower

Hi Ianvideogamer,

A spam account, does this account have activity?. or 0G and no games played?. this is one weird situation, normally blocking the follower removes them. it could be just a bug/glitch. are you a preview program member using the NXOE?.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

1. Unable to remove 2 followers on my Xbox account - Similar Threads - Unable remove followers

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    [Xbox Forum] Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  6. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  7. Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile: Unable to remove a follower on Xbox Profile - Microsoft Community I have the same problem. XBF-JoannaDark Microsoft Employee Moderator I need your help But I want to give my gamertag by...
  8. Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable To Remove Certain Followers (Bug/Glitch): Hello, I would like to reiterate, and re-emphasize a common issue not only myself, however, others as well too have had over the years with the Platform in regard to Friends and Followers. More...
  9. I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to start/pause/cancel an installation on the Xbox app. How do I remove that...: I am trying to install a game on the Xbox application on PC on Windows 11. The game is at 0% completion and is not progressing. I am unable to cancel or pause the installation. There is another...
  10. Bug — Unable to Remove Friends & Community Upates

in XboX Insiders
    Bug — Unable to Remove Friends & Community Upates: Previously you could add and remove Friends & Community updates (2-3 months ago). Ever since the new dashboard launched, there is no way to edit or remove this from the Home Screen. Games can be...