Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region.

Discus and support Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to redeem an Xbox Game Pass ultimate code, and I've tried on both Xbox and PC but I keep getting the following error: Change your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BoxesnLines, Feb 6, 2021.

1. BoxesnLines
    BoxesnLines Guest

Hello, I am trying to redeem an Xbox Game Pass ultimate code, and I've tried on both Xbox and PC but I keep getting the following error:

Change your Microsoft Store regionThe region in which you bought your subscription and your Store region need to match. If changing your Store region doesn't work, contact us at Microsoft Support.Change your Microsoft Store region The region in which you bought your subscription and your Store region need to match. If changing your Store region doesn't work, contact us at Microsoft Support.PUR-ConversionBlockedCurrencyCountryMismatchSlhHREIZMEK2Hmw3.1.0.5.112021/02/06 - 18:11:37 UTCI created my Xbox account on a corporate network that was based in the US. I live in Canada. I used a temporary US address to set up the account, but now it won't let me move my account to Canada. I get the following error when trying to migrate my account:

"There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you and try again later."

None of the conditions listed on this page apply to my account, so it should not be restricted from migration.

I've also tried changing the region/language in the bottom left corner of the store and that didn't do anything.

I've tried different browsers and I've tried waiting a few days. Nothing has worked.

How do I solve this? Do I need to completely delete my current Game Pass subscription?

:)

BoxesnLines, Feb 6, 2021
  2. R4FTY Win User

Why can't I reddem a xbox game pass code?

So recently i bought a code for Xbox Game Pass but when i try and redeem it it says "This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account." Please help.
    It sounds like you are trying to redeem a code for an Xbox Game Pass subscription that was purchased in a different region from the region associated with your Xbox account. This can happen if the code was purchased in a different country or region than the one you are currently located in.

To fix this issue, you will need to change the region associated with your Xbox account to match the region in which the code was purchased. Here's how to do that:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    2. Select your profile picture on the top right corner of the screen.
    3. Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.
    4. Under "Country or region," select "Change" and then choose the country or region where the code was purchased.
    5. Follow the prompts to update your account information.
    Once you have changed the region associated with your account, you should be able to redeem the code for Xbox Game Pass. If you are still unable to redeem the code after changing the region, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance.
  3. BotanicWinner09 Win User

Can't redeem code due to Region settings, but region is set correctly

As far I know right now, he's simply trying to add three months of game pass ultimate to his account, which is already a game pass ultimate account. The code is for sure sure a Canadian one as well, which matches his region since we are both in Canada and in the same town to boot.

The issue boils down to this:

-Our accounts/xboxs both have their regions set to Canada. They are the same in terms of geographic settings.

-The code was purchased physically at a store, not online. It is a Canadian code.

-He cannot redeem the code due to a region error

-I however, can redeem that same code without issue(Not actually redeeming it however)

Why?
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Live Problem

Hello marianochabert,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you purchased a prepaid code from Amazon, but you are unable to redeem it due to the code being from a different region. A Microsoft account user cannot redeem a Microsoft prepaid code that is
    from a different region than the account's region. We do not recommend changing your account's region to redeem the prepaid code since you will not have access to the item when you change your region back. The best option is to reach out to the retailer's
    support team for assistance with replacing the code. We hope this information helps!
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Gears of war 4 promo codes for other games 2 out of 4 not working.

But how does that work? Why did I get 2 codes redeemed?

Just luck?
    Hey, Abject! We do not know why some codes don't redeem while others redeem just fine. You will need to make sure that your account's region matches your physical location using the

region migration tool
    . If you are unable to use that successfully, or the codes still do not redeem after you do that, we cannot offer you further assistance because you live in a region where
    Xbox Live is not currently supported.

If you do move to a region where Xbox Live is supported, we will be happy to help you out in a new thread. Thanks for understanding!
  6. LuckyT1ger Win User

Xbox Live Problem

Hello there i am very sorry that this as happend to you

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you purchased a prepaid code from Amazon, but you are unable to redeem it due to the code being from a different region. A Microsoft account user cannot
    redeem a Microsoft prepaid code that is from a different region than the account's region. We do not recommend changing your account's region to redeem the prepaid code since you will not have access to the item when you change your region back. The best option
    is to reach out to the retailer's support team for assistance with replacing the code. I hope this information helps you out

have a Beautiful day
Thema:

1. Unable to redeem Game Pass code and cannot move Xbox account region. - Similar Threads - Unable redeem Game

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  3. I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game but unable to download it on Xboxone...: I purchased a digital code for Halo Infinity xbox from Ebay and entered a digital code on my pc to redeem the game under my Microsoft account. and my purchase history shows the code has been...
  4. I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it even though we have the...: I bought minecraft gift code but my friend is unable to redeem it and it errors out with geo restricted message. We both live in the same region and we do not have VPN or anything. I am sure I...
  5. Unable te redeem code. Please help.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable te redeem code. Please help.: I'm not able to redeem my Xbox ultimate code. I got this code when I bought my new laptop. I'm receiving messege that says I'm not in the country region that. I'm not in the sane country yry I...
  6. I am unable to redeem my points.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to redeem my points.: I tried redeeming a 200 Robux giftcard which costs 3,000 Robux, but it just says "There's an issue with your account or order." everytime i try. I have contacted Microsoft support but there's...
  7. I am unable to Redeem my Gilded Hunters Xbox Series S bundle

in XBoX on Windows
    I am unable to Redeem my Gilded Hunters Xbox Series S bundle: I had gotten this Xbox series S to replace my old Xbox One and my parents had decided to get the Gilded Hunters Bundle but when I was setting up the Xbox I was not given the option to redeem any...
  8. unable to redeem code after reinstalling MFS2020 via DVD . receive message code already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to redeem code after reinstalling MFS2020 via DVD . receive message code already...: receive message code already redeemed after trying to reinstall MFS2020 via DVD. how do i finalize the installation. 092bb8fd-71d0-4d38-ba1b-ec0e98b0a647
  9. Unable to reinstalling Flight Sim 2020 P.Deluxe on a new PC, 'redeem code' is the issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to reinstalling Flight Sim 2020 P.Deluxe on a new PC, 'redeem code' is the issue.: Uninstalled Flight Sim 2020 Premium Deluxe on my old PC. Installed it on a new PC. But the instalation stops on 'redeem code' 'already done'. Game from 10 DVD's, not from XBox. How do I get past...
  10. I am unable to redeem a vbucks voucher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to redeem a vbucks voucher: When the panel was scratched off, there is only a 16 digit number, not a 25 digit one as requested 553c3b8e-aa08-4e73-8570-c5553e5f566b