Unable to record voice over in upload studio.

Discus and support Unable to record voice over in upload studio. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since the last update I can not do voice over on videos with or without kenect. The kenect picks up my voice commands and friends can hear me chat... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vincent 272, Mar 16, 2014.

1. vincent 272
    vincent 272 Guest

Since the last update I can not do voice over on videos with or without kenect.

The kenect picks up my voice commands and friends can hear me chat with them through the kenect.

My mic works also and people hear me. I can film a video with the kenect and it picks up my voice just fine.

But if I try to do a simple voice over it does not record my voice. But when I am in the voice over section kenect picks up my commands just fine.

:)

vincent 272, Mar 16, 2014
  2. Voice recorder

Alot of people play Xbox and post there gameplay on YouTube. I wanted to know how they record and put a voice over without using upload studio

NAMEDMR3MAN6638, Mar 16, 2014
  3. Upload Studio Not Recording Voice Over.

I have a problem with upload studio, cant record my voice....it seems like my headset is unplugged but i can record voice messajes....

memowalkeer93, Mar 16, 2014
  4. Unable to record voice over in upload studio.

have you found a solution to this yet?? i am having a similar problem it is only recording my voice through the kinect and not my mic, but it works???? it only lets me do voicovers with kinect??? im really confused.

ChubbyA55a5in, Mar 27, 2015
  5. Hey there memowalkeer93!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there memowalkeer93!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  7. ChubbyA55a5in Win User

have you found a solution to this yet?? i am having a similar problem it is only recording my voice through the kinect and not my mic, but it works???? it only lets me do voicovers with kinect??? im really confused.
  8. SALTxDOGG Win User

Upload Studio Not Recording Voice Over.

[quote user="x HAD0UKEN x"]

When I try to do voice over on my clips I get two possible situations.

1. Count Down starts and the Kinect or Mic hears me and right after it hits 1.... It freezes and crashes the app

2. Count Down starts 3...2...1... But Kinect or Mic cant hear me and then I get a message saying "Sorry, We weren't able to record that time." (0x80040201) after I press stop recording.

[/quote]

I think I figured something out...

REGARDING ISSUE #1:

After receiving the standard power cycle troubleshooting instructions from XBOX, I decided to stare at the problem until it made sense or threw me a bone. After countless different methods and attempts at recording ( changing just one setting with each attempt
    and ruling things out one by one )... I came to a possible cause/solution for the your first issue-- voiceover feature crashing the entire program upon countdown reaching 1, and/or getting nothing but static recorded.

First off I have SURROUND SOUND TRITON HEADPHONES plugged into the OPTICAL AUDIO jack on my console. Audio settings require BITSTREAM OUT for said headphones to provide me with anything resembling a Dolby Digital Surround Sound bitstream
    format.

The crash was only triggered for me when I was attempting to record voiceover audio while my headphones were powered ON via the power button located on the connected 'decoder box'. I received the crash whether attempting
    to record voiceover via my Kinect OR the XboxOne Chat Mic connected to my controller.

Without changing any audio settings from their original Optical, Bitstream Out, Surround setup originally noted upon first experiencing the crash -- Simply turning OFFthe decoder box/headphones BEFORE PRESSING RECORD (without having to
    unplug the headphones completely) ALLOWED THE COUNTDOWN TO FINISH AND ALL VOICEOVER AUDIO TO SUCCESSFULLY RECORD (CONFIRMED RECORDING WITH CHAT HEADSET AS WELL AS KINECT
    MICS).

The headset plugged into my optical device is a Triton 720+ surround sound headset. Not specifically listed as compatible with the XBoxOne (just 360 and ps3), regardless of still providing me with surround sound audio (no chat). It seems that merely having
    some type of decoder box or digital audio device plugged into your optical outlet and in the ON position, regardless of your digital audio settings, interferes with the voiceover recording feature of Upload Studio.

NOTE: In my hours of trials, NOT ONCE did hard-booting, power cycling, uninstalling/reinstalling programs, nor changing any one particular display & sound audio setting EVER CORRECT THE ISSUE. Please remember, this is the first time I'm
    posting, so as of right now this has only worked for me (until someone else tries it)... I'm no programmer, nor do I claim to be some troubleshooting expert. I'm technogically self-taught having grown up in the days that saw the start of Apple and the birth
    of Atari, and having to sink or swim in DOS hell, but it looks to me like the problem lies somewhere in whatever audio device/s are attached via your OPTICAL AUDIO jack. I'd say there's some miscommunication going on there once you hit that record button and
    that countdown begins.

HOPE THIS WORKS for you or anyone else as a temporary fix regarding this ongoing unresolved issue (and helps to steer XBOX tech guru powers that be in a direction that leads to a more complete/informed solution or some sort of eventual patch! :)

GOOD LUCK!

-Mac

(MumbleBrothers)
  9. Misses Quinzel Win User

Thanks so much for the information, MumbleBrothers! If you happen to see others posting more recently that could use this information, please do not hesitate to pass it on! If you need assistance with any support issues, please post up a new thread so that
    we can get you some individual support! We love seeing you guys help out your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you. :)
  10. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there CK Jedi,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. If you've already tried the troubleshooting that
    onyx62is provided above and it didn't do the trick for you, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and list any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried. This way you can receive support catered specifically
    to you. Thanks so much!
Thema:

1. Unable to record voice over in upload studio. - Similar Threads - Unable record voice

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  8. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  9. Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since the update on April 10th/11th, unable to record any game clips: Hi, Since update 10.0.25398.4086 (xb_flt_2404zn.240402-1830), my Xbox One is not able to record anything. [Description of how it looks] When I try to record, sometimes I get a pop up saying...
  10. Xbox gamebar unable to record

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamebar unable to record: [img] So this happened when i updated to windows 11, when i try to record there nothing showed so i open the gamebar and see that the record button color is just gray. Also it didnt said...