unable to purchase game using CSV

Discus and support unable to purchase game using CSV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm getting an error when purchasing the game "Dying Light: The Following" -... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xHTGx Bonafide, Feb 25, 2016.

1. unable to purchase game using CSV

xHTGx Bonafide, Feb 25, 2016
  2. ApoC HARLEY
    ApoC HARLEY Guest
    Prepaid cards

If you purchase a csv (currency stored value) ppc, which is added to your Microsoft account, you can then purchase games, add-ons, etc. without adding a credit card to your account. However, you CAN NOT purchase an xbox live subscription with a csv ppc.
    You MUST purchase an Xbox live ppc to add a 1-month, 3-month, or 12-month subscription.

ApoC HARLEY, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Darth1337
    Darth1337 Guest
    Unable to choose Microsoft account for payment option

If you're trying to purchase something that costs more than what you have in your Currency Stored Value (CSV), then you'll need to use a different payment method.

If you'd like to split the payment between say, a credit card, and the remainder of your CSV, you can do that too. Simply select your credit card as the payment instrument to be used for the purchase, and you'll get a pop-up that asks if you want to use
    whatever's in your CSV.

Darth1337, Feb 25, 2016
  4. Darth1337 Win User

Unable to choose Microsoft account for payment option

If you're trying to purchase something that costs more than what you have in your Currency Stored Value (CSV), then you'll need to use a different payment method.

If you'd like to split the payment between say, a credit card, and the remainder of your CSV, you can do that too. Simply select your credit card as the payment instrument to be used for the purchase, and you'll get a pop-up that asks if you want to use
    whatever's in your CSV.
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

EA Access Hub payment

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

To add to Smwutches answer, you can not use CSV (currency stored value) to purchase any type of Xbox LIVE Membership because by default, auto-renewal turns on, and CSV is not a valid payment instrument for a recurring payment.

Cheers!
  6. ApoC HARLEY Win User

Prepaid cards

If you purchase a csv (currency stored value) ppc, which is added to your Microsoft account, you can then purchase games, add-ons, etc. without adding a credit card to your account. However, you CAN NOT purchase an xbox live subscription with a csv ppc.
    You MUST purchase an Xbox live ppc to add a 1-month, 3-month, or 12-month subscription.
  7. Miss Bijoux Win User

Unable to pre-order Destiny Rise of Iron

Hey guys -

If you purchased CSV to purchase Destiny: Rise of Iron, check out
    Mister Beep's sticky thread to see which edition you should purchase.

Let us know how it goes! :)
  8. iNb4 Ownage Win User

i got a 50$ gift card for christmas and i put it on my account but i tried to buy gold and it wont let me choose that payment option why is this?

Hey there!

Thanks for the support message.

Apologies, but at this time CSV (Gift cards) AKA account currency can not be used to purchase an Xbox Gold Membership. This is actually why Microsoft offers the option to purchase Gold pre-paid cards. You can still use the currency to purchase Games, music,
    movies, etc.

Cheers!
Thema:

unable to purchase game using CSV

1. unable to purchase game using CSV - Similar Threads - unable purchase game

2. Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Purchase Xbox Partner Center: So Im Trying To Purchase An Xbox Developer License And I Keep Getting This Error Something went wrong. Please contact support. (ReferenceId: 41ea27aa-11d0-47c7-c989-08dc2e0d878a) I Dont Know...
  3. Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad: I have been trying for days to purchase a Realms Plys subscription, but keep getting the same message: “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet...
  4. Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I unable to download a game that I have purchased?: Hi. I had purchased Omori before it was removed from the Xbox store. Despite online searching say that I can still download and play it, I am unable to do so. It feels like robbing since I paid...
  5. Unable to make Minecraft purchases.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to make Minecraft purchases.: My child’s account is unable to make any purchases in Minecraft with an error indicating to “check the internet connection”. We’ve deleted and reinstalled the app but still end up with the same...
  6. Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to access purchased games on Xbox One X: I cannot access my purchased games on the Xbox One X. I also cannot use Game Pass Ultimate on my PC. I have already gone through the live chat with someone and they mentioned to post here as they...
  7. unable to redownload purchased games on new xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to redownload purchased games on new xbox: I bought my son halo reach and halo 3 odst add ons for halo master cheif collection and he installed them on his old Xbox one S. that console crapped out and so we got him an Xbox series X. it...
  8. Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Previous Xbox 360 purchase games from XBox One store unable to download on 360 from store...: I have previously purchase Xbox 360 games that I purchased on the Xbox One live store, that I am trying to download on my Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 game store wants me to pay for them even though...
  9. Unable to purchase Deals With Gold or claim Games With Gold

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to purchase Deals With Gold or claim Games With Gold: Alpha Skip Ahead: If I go to Deals with Gold or Games with Gold I am unable to purchase/claim any games, there is a "join now" box next to a full price one… but I'm on Game Pass Ultimate. I have...
  10. Unable to Play Online Multiplayer without Pass. Even on Purchased Game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Play Online Multiplayer without Pass. Even on Purchased Game.: I Recently purchased Call of Duty Cold war. But I am Not able to Play online multiplayer and Its Asking me to Buy a Xbox Pass. Which is Not mentioned anywhere before you buy a Game, Is This...