Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass - error code 0x80070424

Discus and support Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass - error code 0x80070424 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently trying to Pre-install the Halo Infinite campaign from the Xbox app onto my Windows 10 PC, which is available to Game Pass subscribers.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ravishna1, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Ravishna1
    Ravishna1 Guest

Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass - error code 0x80070424

I'm currently trying to Pre-install the Halo Infinite campaign from the Xbox app onto my Windows 10 PC, which is available to Game Pass subscribers. After selecting "PRE-INSTALL Included with GAME PASS" the icon appears on the left margin next to my other installed games, however it is grayed out and shows a yellow warning error. Highlighting the icon shows the tooltip "Halo Infinite (error with install). Clicking on this brings me to the Halo Infinite page and where it normally says "PRE-INSTALL Included with GAME PASS" now shows a gray button reading "ERROR 0% VIEW PROGRESS". Clicking on this then shows the download at 0% and the error details with error code 0x80070424.

I have already restarted my system and attempted to install to different drive locations, both of which have sufficient space to accommodate for Halo Infinite's campaign.

:)

Ravishna1, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Kathy A. Win User

I cannot install MS Flight

Hi FourtyFiveOfficial,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issue installing a game as it gives you an error code: 0x80070424. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Here are the suggested troubleshooting you can perform.

1. Update PC and Xbox apps(Xbox app/Xbox Console Companion, Xbox Accessories, Xbox Game Bar, Gaming Services).
    2. Restart device.
    3. Turn off or disable any antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    4. There are several threads that has a resolution regarding this error code. Kindly let us know if it works to you as well.

In your PC start menu, kindly search for PowerShell and run it as Administrator. Please copy this line below:

[table][tr]Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/tr][/table]
      Kindly paste this on PowerShell.
    5. Try to install the game.
    Please, do not forget to check here for known issues and similar threads that can be related to your concern.

0x80070424 Error - Xbox Game Pass

Halo Infinite, can't install -- Error code: 0x80070424

Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. ChristopherPryce2 Win User

same issue sept when i went to reinstall it it wont let me now getting pissed
  4. teq9er Win User

This worked for me... I was playing the multiplayer and then the campaign when it came out on Dec 8th. Wanted to play again before calling it a night, but it wouldn't launch and instead took me to gaming services on the Microsoft store. I repaired/reset and eventually reinstalled gaming services via the powershell, but it didn't work. I ended up uninstalling Halo Infinite which lead me to this issue. Running the command did something that allowed the download to work.
  5. sniperpug2552 Win User

you can pre install on the xbox app but there seems to be an issue that makes it impossible to play and install new games on the xbox app
  6. Jaswright Win User

I don't know why Francia J is trying to get you to mess about with powershell and all that. As an ambassador she should know that the campaign is not available for download until Dec 8th, 6pm for me in UK. It will be 70GB. The multiplayer has been available for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure if that is needed or whether the 70GB includes the whole caboodle.
Thema:

1. Unable to Pre-Install Halo Infinite (Campaign) with Game Pass - error code 0x80070424 - Similar Threads - Unable Pre Install

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  4. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  5. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  6. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  7. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  8. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  9. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  10. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...