Unable to play with friends OR join a club

Discus and support Unable to play with friends OR join a club in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Trying to play with friends using the Windows 10 Minecraft edition through the Xbox app. When I am sent an invite I am unable to accept it, when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by liquidlynn132, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Unable to play with friends OR join a club

Hi,

Trying to play with friends using the Windows 10 Minecraft edition through the Xbox app.

When I am sent an invite I am unable to accept it, when I try and create a 'realms' trial I also get the same error:

"You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on xbox.com."

I have checked these settings and everything is set to "Allow" in all of the 3 tabs. I am 100% sure there isn't a problem with my settings.

When I try to join a 'club' I get the same error:

"You can't do this because of how your account is set up. Go to your privacy & online safety settings on xbox.com to change this"

I have followed the instructions on this page as in the Network settings in the Xbox app it's Blocked (Server connectivity) Xbox App Server Connectivity on Windows 10 Is Blocked

My firewall settings are correct, I've tried disabling my antivirus and this remains "Blocked". Everything else in the settings is fine.

This account is not a child account, however I have created a Microsoft family and this hasn't helped.

If I make a new Microsoft account I am able to join clubs fine, so there is clearly an issue with my account (One I am posting with).

I don't know what else to try so please can someone help so my purchase hasn't been a complete waste of money.

Thank you

:)

liquidlynn132, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Unable to Join Clubs

I am unable to join clubs with my Xbox Live account. When I request an invitation to join a club a message pops up saying,

"To do this, change a setting

You can't do request to join the club because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy and & online safety settings on Xbox.com"

So, I went to Xbox.com and changed the setting "You can create and join clubs" to allow. However, this was a while ago and I still have not been able to join clubs. Any help in resolving this would be great.

Thanks!

BetrayedAsh3223, Jun 8, 2018
  3. kirkyb0yz
    kirkyb0yz Guest
    Unable to play with friends

help! I have an open NAT but am still unable to accept invites from friends to join games/chat /partys. How can i fix this?

kirkyb0yz, Jun 8, 2018
  4. AngelObullets Win User

need friends

Hi there LoganGorniack

I suggest joining clubs to make some friends :). There is plenty of clubs out there as well as there is a xbox ambassador club that is where people can come make friends chat and play games via the lfg feature. Mine craft is a very popular game so if you
    join some of the clubs and have conversations and join some of the LFGs I'm sure you can make some friends :).
  5. Lavenia A. Win User

Free games can't find other Online Players

Hi HorizonZeroConnections,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We appreciate for sharing your concern to us.

We appreciate your desire to play online multiplayer games like Kartrider Drift and Asphalt 9 Legends on your Xbox Series X. We know you are trying to play the games, but it is unable to locate any other online players.

For Asphalt 9 legends, you can play it with other online players if you are in the same club. You may try joining a club or create a club and see if you're able to play it with other online players. When playing Kartrider Drift, you should also try joining a club to determine whether the issue still exists. Refer to the following links below on how to:

Join a club | Xbox Support

Create a club | Xbox Support

Moreover, if you're unable to join a multiplayer game, you may be encountering an issue related to Network Address Translation (NAT).

Your NAT type determines whether you can successfully use multiplayer gaming. I would recommend trying the solution provided from this article Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  6. Gramer Profesur Win User

looking for a few friends to play online for fun

I will play with you, join my club "Team Philippines". We're looking for new players, i'm the only one so far but I've been in successful clubs. Thanks.
  7. Simple OJ Win User

Looking for friend in Minecraft PE

Join a Minecraft Club on Xbox, you will find lots of people who will play with you.
  8. Capitain Gonzo Win User

Looking for friend in Minecraft PE

I recommend to look at a Minecraft PE Club to join with Friends at the game to Play together
Thema:

Unable to play with friends OR join a club

1. Unable to play with friends OR join a club - Similar Threads - Unable play friends

2. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  3. unable to invite friend to play fc 24

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    unable to invite friend to play fc 24: hello I have steam fc24 my friend has Xbox one fc24, I have him on my friends list on Xbox app and on steam he is in the friends list in the game but it says i have no friends to play the game. I...
  4. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  5. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  7. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  8. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  9. Teredo is unable to qualify error it block me to play with friends in xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify error it block me to play with friends in xbox game pass: Hi I tried to fix this error but it didn't work because I don't know where is the problem is it from my router block teredo or I don't have teredo tunneling adapter and I tried to download it...
  10. Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...: Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend list. When I attempt to set up friendly, says I need to add friends. 021ee6f3-2705-4a7b-a757-244605d854dc