Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One

Discus and support Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can start a new game, and before trying to resolve, I could import my ME1 character. Now it plays through the startup story, bet the net result is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ladyhawke, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ladyhawke
    ladyhawke Guest

I can start a new game, and before trying to resolve, I could import my ME1 character. Now it plays through the startup story, bet the net result is the same:

When I need to save, I cannot save to cloud (the only option available) because there are some pending uploads from another Xbox console. Since that is not in user anymore/accessible, that is no option...

How do I get to play again (with the ability to save)?

I have tried these (at least) options (some several times):

• delete content (some 10 MB thing in the ME2 menu) for ME2 and restart the game
    • delete local files in general
    • restart console
    • download and install all known expansions to the "new" console
    • delete local profile on Xbox

None of this made any difference - what to do?

:)

ladyhawke, Oct 14, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Mass Effect Game Save Doesn't Show On Xbox 360 from Xbox One

Hi, the issue is to do with the game itself. On the Xbox 360, the game always saved the last save to the xbox 360's cache, and if you emptied the cache the save would also get deleted. I'm assuming that Mass Effect has done something similar on the Xbox
    One. Your only option is to play the game again on the xbox 360 from the save you have, then finish the game, Mass Effect should then save again at the end of the game, and you should be able to import it to Mass Effect 2.
  3. deadeagleman Win User

Potentially corrupted HDD?

if u still got mass effect 2 disk, go to import mass effect 1 chart save,...what puzzles me is that i lost all my mass effect 1 saves files 3 years ago (broken xbox and formate the hard drive and sold it and got halo xbox) before mass effect 2 came out...so
    i wanted to play mass effect 2, so i poked at import chart saves, and found i had mass effect 1save, so i imported it and found that it had the choices i had made. were the same. so i think mass effect 3 might find ur lost saves. and pop in mass effect 2
    and try the import save if u lost ur mass effect saves
  4. Nineteenth Hour Win User

Mass Effect 2 PC to Xbox 360

voteDC thank you for the reply. I think I'll just wait and play Mass Effect 3.

The reason I asked my original question is because I played Mass Effect 2 for Xbox first, then I got the PC version through a BioWare promotion so I played it on PC as well. Now I no longer have the Xbox version and I prefer the game save from my PC version
    (better choices in my opinion). I also have not played Mass Effect 1 and was hoping to get the cheaper PC version, play Mass Effect 2 on PC, then import the saves to Xbox.

That doesn't seem likely to happen now, so I'll stick with the mediocre save I have on the Xbox and hopefully I won't mind much since I will be too busy playing Mass Effect 3.
  5. IAmProjectAlice Win User

Mass Effect 2 PC to Xbox 360

No sorry it is not possible to transfer your mass effect 2 pc game save to your xbox 360, for the purposes of carrying on the game in mass effect 3
  6. voteDC Win User

AARRGGHGH accidently deleted my ME2 saved games, any way to recover??

[quote user="BlackSilverAce"]

I don't know about ME3, but completed saves I deleted from Mass Effect still carried over to Mass Effect 2.

[/quote]That's because Mass Effect Select Existing ID/ import saves are not game saves. Whereas in Mass Effect 2 you import any save from after the Suicide Mission.
Thema:

1. Unable to play/ save Mass Effect 2 games on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Unable play save

2. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  3. unable to invite friend to play fc 24

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    unable to invite friend to play fc 24: hello I have steam fc24 my friend has Xbox one fc24, I have him on my friends list on Xbox app and on steam he is in the friends list in the game but it says i have no friends to play the game. I...
  4. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  5. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  6. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  7. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  8. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  9. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  10. Unable to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online: I'm trying to play Dragon Age Inquisition on cloud gaming on my PC, but the start button is translucent and won't allow me to click. 95f65b8b-fe96-4056-af07-71492922b44e