Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game

Discus and support Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a game pass ultimate subscription and however i am unable to play Minecraft Java edition because its asking me to buy it, The bedrock edition... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PainEngine, Nov 11, 2021.

1. PainEngine
    PainEngine Guest

Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game

I bought a game pass ultimate subscription and however i am unable to play Minecraft Java edition because its asking me to buy it, The bedrock edition works just fine so does Dungeons its only Minecraft Java that is having this problem, It does allow me to play it but its only the demo version and not the full game. As shown in the image:

I'd really like to know how to fix this since i've been meaning to play the Java version and was stoked to try it out When it was announced for Game pass, But this Bug or Problem has really brought me down! Hopefully we find a fix soon since this is a big bummer not just for me but for everyone else who may have this exact same problem.

Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game [​IMG]

:)

PainEngine, Nov 11, 2021
  2. reforc3 Win User

Minecraft question

Hi,

Minecraft Java Edition can be purchased from thier store page using your Microsoft Account:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition

And then being accessed with the (free) Minecraft Launcher on the Microsoft Store.

Both Windows and Java Editions are included with Xbox Game Pass for PC/Ultimate subscription.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, this is being a general issue as the number of people reporting the same issue in the community is apparently a bug as the other versions of Minecraft are working correctly. Anyway, I suggest that people who are having this problem read the Mojang article below.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

- I hope this can help, but as I said I believe it is a general problem, and only the Mojang will be able to solve it.

*Thanks in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  4. DORiiTO MaN Win User

Im having the exact same problem. So annoying especially for a game owned by Microsoft.
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

I redeemed a code for minecraft bedrock several years ago before you got both versions in a bundle and i am wondering if i can still get Java for free.

Hey there, JoJo51314

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

The option to get Java Edition of Minecraft for free has ended. Thus, sadly, you will be unable to get Java Edition for free now. You would have to pay for it or get Xbox Game Pass ultimate which has Minecraft included in the library.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ulitimate for Console and PC inquiry

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

As an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, you have access to a wide variety of games on both console and PC. However, it's important to note that Minecraft Java Edition is not included in the Xbox Game Pass library.

Minecraft Java Edition is a separate version of the game that is available for purchase directly from the Minecraft website. It is not included as part of the Xbox Game Pass subscription, even with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

To play Minecraft Java Edition, you would need to purchase it separately through the official Minecraft website. The cost of the game is not covered by the Xbox Game Pass subscription. Once you purchase Minecraft Java Edition, you will have permanent access to the game, regardless of your Xbox Game Pass subscription status.

Keep in mind that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate provides access to a vast library of games across console, PC, and cloud gaming, but the specific titles available can change over time. It's always a good idea to check the Xbox Game Pass catalog to see the current list of games included with your subscription.

I hope this clarifies the situation regarding Minecraft Java Edition and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Unable to play Minecraft Java Edition on Game Pass despite being included as a free game - Similar Threads - Unable play Minecraft

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft java edition online: I tried many different ways to fix this but nothing has worked. My account is over 18, I've allowed everything under the privacy and online safety and I'm pretty sure I am not in a family. So, how...
  4. Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to Play Minecraft Java Edition, Migration issue?: Hi All, I have tried to load Minecraft Java edition but get the following error: [img] I have tried migrating previously and gone thorough the security check and tried again today where I get...
  5. Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update minecraft bedrock client 1.20.41 to 1.20.5 to be able to play on realms.: I migrated my account a while back and was able to play with my friend who was on switch, I'm playing this version of minecraft:...
  6. Unable to play minecraft on my pc, getting Error drowned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play minecraft on my pc, getting Error drowned: I have done everything to resting and repairing the Xbox app and Microsoft store and minecraft app to changing my password to resisting them all and restarting my pc so many times and it still...
  7. I am unable to play Minecraft Servers

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Minecraft Servers: Despite installing multiple versions of Java, giving all of them access in the firewall, turning all my account multiplayer settings to allow, I am still unable to play multiplayer in Minecraft...
  8. unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to play minecraft with gamepass subscription: I'm trying to play minecraft on pc as i own gamepass however its asking me to sign in i click sign in and it just takes me to buy the game i'm signed in to the same account on store as I am on...
  9. Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Windows unable to play or download 1.20 version.: I have purchased Minecraft Bedrock on Windows but am unable to play or download 1.20 version. Launcher only picks up the old 1.17 version and everytime I try to download the update and play it...
  10. My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son (child account) is unable to play Minecraft (paid version) in multi-player mode: Hi there, I have a parent account and added my son as the child account. It is a great way to monitor screen time, web searches, website visits etc. I love it. I also have a M365 account shared...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Minecraft Java paly .Com