Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

Discus and support Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AnthonyR66, Nov 29, 2023.

1. AnthonyR66
    AnthonyR66 Guest

Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)"

I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without any issues, but when attempting to sign in, using the same credentials when prompted in game, I receive the 0x80070520 error code, which means I am unable to play any games through GamePass that are tracking any progress/achievements via Xbox Live (which is all of them).

My Xbox Live account and my Microsoft account are both linked, and share the same email address, but don't appear to be the same. My Microsoft account is the account that I have the subscription to the game pass, and this links to my Xbox Account and reflects through the Xbox app to show that I have a valid subscription.

I've seen other Microsoft Forums that require the Microsoft Store account, and the Xbox account to be the same, and to confirm this via the Xbox App --> Settings --> Account --> "Change my Microsoft Store Account". When doing this, I am asked to sign in with an email address, which is the same for both, and once signing in, doesn't allow a fix or change.

I've spent many hours troubleshooting this by myself and with no luck.

• I have created a completely new Xbox account and Microsoft account and attempted to sign in (Met with the same error)
    • I have created a new local profile and attempted to sign in again (Met with the same error)
    • Deleted and redownloaded games to test (same error)
    • Removed credentials linked to GamePass and Microsoft Store within Credential Manager
    • Deleted Cache and Accounts folders within C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker directory
    • Attempted Registry fixes recommended by Xbox expert support
    • Uninstalled XBox-App by PowerShell Command
    • Wsreset.exe command to reset Windows Store
    • Reset, repaired and reinstalled both the Windows store and Xbox App via Settings App
    • Scoured all Microsoft forums relating to this particular error
    I am at a loss for solutions at the moment, I had no issues logging in the exact same way less than a month ago, now all of a sudden I can't sign into any games that require Xbox Live.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

AnthonyR66, Nov 29, 2023
  2. AnthonyR66 Win User

Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

It seems that you already performed all possible solutions to this error code that you are getting. I found an article that is somehow related to this issue and found it not mentioned on the troubleshooting steps you performed. You might as well try the troubleshooting provide by Bilbo Bricknall on the thread: I cant sign into the xbox app error code 0x80070520 - Microsoft Community

If this still fails, I recommend contacting our live support team for further assistance as they have the necessary tools to diagnose this issue.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
    Hi Car.Tzy As listed above in my troubleshooting steps, I did perform this. It did not work to solve my issue.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

It seems that you already performed all possible solutions to this error code that you are getting. I found an article that is somehow related to this issue and found it not mentioned on the troubleshooting steps you performed. You might as well try the troubleshooting provide by Bilbo Bricknall on the thread: I cant sign into the xbox app error code 0x80070520 - Microsoft Community

If this still fails, I recommend contacting our live support team for further assistance as they have the necessary tools to diagnose this issue.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your response. The fact that you have tried creating a new Windows profile and still meets the same error, I'm thinking this may be an account related issue. But you also mentioned that you are getting the same error even with a totally different account.

Please perform an In-place upgrade, this normally fix system related issues. Kindly follow the guide created by: Lester BernardReyes on this thread: How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community. If you are running Windows 10 you can use this guide: How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide - Microsoft Community

If this doesn't work, my thoughts would be performing a clean installation of the OS. But before doing this, you may want to speak with our live support team and see what else they can do.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

[PC Gamepass] We Couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Let's try this :

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC
  6. T701Ultimatum Win User

[PC Gamepass] We Couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live.

Above solution had no change.

I resolved to reinstall windows, was met with the same problem. The above solution did however work with the fresh windows.

Appreciate the help in getting me gaming again, lets hope its problem free for a while.
Thema:

1. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign... - Similar Threads - Unable play games

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  4. Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play any game on my brand new xbox series s: I bought a brand new xbox series s a few days back with utmost excitement to be finally able to play my favourite titles only to realise that i can't play any. My xbox wont run a single game for...
  5. Unable to play multiplayer games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play multiplayer games.: Whenever I attempt to load into a multiplayer game it gives me the message “The person who bought this needs to sign in” but not only did I buy these games I also redownload them in an attempt to...
  6. UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UNABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES: Hi. Im having issues when I want to play online games such as Forza horizon 5 the texas chain saw massacre. Keeps indicating verification of my profile with the servers is not available at the...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC - Unabled to connect to EA Play. EA has no support.: I bought XBOX game pass. Several EA games are on game pass. To play an EA game through game pass, we are required to download EA play and then launch the game through EA play. However, EA Play...
  8. Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Able to play most games but unable to play COD MW3: For some reasons when someone is gamesharing with me I can play most of their games but when it comes to the call of duty modernwarefare III It tells me to pre order it when someone im...
  9. Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a game, played and and unable to accelerate meaning cant play, cant find help in...: I bought mx atv legends and spend £36 on it. As soon as I opened it, I couldn’t accelerate meaning I couldn’t play the game, couldn’t change settings in game or find help online aswell. Requested...
  10. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...