Unable to open the Xbox App on Window

Discus and support Unable to open the Xbox App on Window in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I'm currently unable to open the Xbox App on Windows. It was working fine a few weeks ago, but when I tried to open it today, it will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by clonewolf, Apr 9, 2021.

1. clonewolf
    clonewolf Guest

Hi Folks,

I'm currently unable to open the Xbox App on Windows. It was working fine a few weeks ago, but when I tried to open it today, it will not launch. The application appears to be running in the system tray, but when I try to open it, I see a black screen with the xbox logo pulsing for a few seconds, then it exits.

I've tried several methods to get it working, including rebooting, reinstalling, reseting the Windows Store App, and a handful of procedures a found Googling the problem, but nothing has helped. Any thoughts on how I can get it working? I would like to install and play a new game! Thanks.

:)

clonewolf, Apr 9, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

3. clonewolf Win User

Hi @XBF Aicha T, Thanks for your reply. I've ensured that the Xbox Console Companion App is installed and up to date. That application will open, and it appears I can open games that I've already installed from there. But I still cannot open the Xbox app, and I don't seem to be able to install new Game Pass games. Any other tips? Thanks.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Error 0x80072EFD has popped up everytime I try to sign in on xbox app on my pc

If you're unable to clear the cache of the Xbox app, you can try resetting the app instead. Here's how to do it:

Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

Click on "Apps."

Find and click on "Xbox" in the list of apps.

Click on "Advanced options."

Scroll down and click on "Reset."

Confirm that you want to reset the app.
  5. NickRakowski Win User

Error 0x80070057 when trying to reinstall games

This didnt help. I think the issue is with the microsoft store itself. I am now unable to open it, or any other microsoft app, despite doing a reinstall of windows (deleting apps, but keeping my files)
  6. Francia J. Win User

Halo Infinite Stuck in offline mode

Found an article with the same issue. This issue usually persists because either your Teredo is unable to qualify and/or the game tries to connect to Xbox servers via IPv6.

Open the Settings app and go to Network & Internet. On the left column, click Ethernet, and then on the right column click Change Adapter Options. A new window will open. Double-click your network adapter to open another window. Go to Properties, it'll open yet another window, and uncheck the tickbox next to Internet Protocol Version 6. Hit OK on all the windows, restart your game.
Thema:

1. Unable to open the Xbox App on Window - Similar Threads - Unable open App

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?: Its been crashing and freezing when I play Football Manager 24, I've downloaded the new app from the app store and all I get is ablack screen with the xbox sign and nothing else :(...
  4. New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    New update makes me unable to talk or hear in xbox parties without having games bar open in: Xbox App for windows recently updated and now I cant hear or talk in a party. App had me update to version 2311.1001.7.0 and now i cannot hear my friends in a party or talk to them properly. I am...
  5. I am unable to open xbox game bar.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to open xbox game bar.: I want to record some clips but when I pressed windows + G, it did nothing. I went into settings then gaming, so I found out it was turned off but when I turned it on and tried again, it did...
  6. I am unable to play Jigsaw, I select a puzzle and it doesn't open

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to play Jigsaw, I select a puzzle and it doesn't open: I am no longer able to play jigsaw, I select a puzzle but it never opens just has a rotating circle on the screen 3dfa53aa-37b6-4bf2-906a-19f93e2353d7
  7. unable to open microfoft store it only show's server problem and try after some times

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to open microfoft store it only show's server problem and try after some times: we weren't able to connect the store this might happen because of a server problem or the network connection timed out please wait few mniutes and try again. This is show from since 2 months ago....
  8. Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game: I get an error when I want to join a friend in the game sea of thives bb9d09bc-ddf6-4a0f-894a-4b90d82e23b0
  9. Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Legacy Launcher Wont Open, "Unable to Update Native Launcher": I am running Windows 7, which I know is unsupported but the legacy launcher still is so I thought I'd give this a try after MojangTech Support ghosted me. I am trying to play Minecraft Java. I...
  10. Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.: So i was following the instructions on a post i saw on here and i believe i may have messed up in one of the steps because when i got to the part where im supposed to open gaming services the...