Unable to navigate Xbox startup Troubleshooting message

Discus and support Unable to navigate Xbox startup Troubleshooting message in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My original xbox one has been stuck on the green loading screen when booting up for a while now. I am trying to factory reset it. I can bring up the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CalMrA, Aug 14, 2023.

1. CalMrA
    CalMrA Guest

My original xbox one has been stuck on the green loading screen when booting up for a while now. I am trying to factory reset it. I can bring up the troubleshooting menu by holding down the pair and eject buttons while loading, but I am unable to navigate between the options. I can hit A to continue, but using the joystick to try to select "factory reset" doesn't work, it simply stays on the first selected item.

I've tried multiple controllers, one wired, one wireless, and it still is stuck.

I've also tried to reset it with a flash drive (it is formatted as NTFS with the $SystemUpdate file folder from the Factoryreset.zip folder). I press the same buttons to get it to recognize the flash drive, I hear the two power-up sounds, I let go, then it gives of a power-down sound. It brings up a system error message: E101 00000504 8B050041. I can hit continue but am then stuck on the same trouble shooting menu, unable to move what is being selected.

I am not plugged into ethernet.

OS version: 22621.4912.amd64fre.xb_flt_2306ni.230608-0120

:)

CalMrA, Aug 14, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

The link below has all the procedures you should do to solve this problem.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-e101

(Note) The link is in English and may need online translator software .

Hope I helped and see you soon
  3. CalMrA Win User

Alright, the plot thickens. I turned the xbox off after trouble shooting for a while, and made this post. A solid hour after turning the xbox off, it randomly turned on and began updating. I was nowhere near the xbox, it did this without prompting. So I have no idea what happened.

Any ideas? thanks for anything
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one S power on problem

Hey Chase,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is getting an error message when you turn it on. The error message stating that something went wrong is attributed to a system update error. We have a support article that provides

troubleshooting for system update error messages on Xbox One
    . You usually need to use the d-pad of the controller to navigate through the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Go ahead and try some of these troubleshooting steps, and be sure to let us know the results
    Chase!
  5. Georges C. Win User

startup troubleshooting?

Hello again, this is usually done by sending the console to Microsoft's warranty, or if your console is no longer under warranty, you can use Microsoft's paid repair service or choose some technical assistance of your choice so that you can exchange the internal HD.
  6. FrostyDabs710 Win User

startup troubleshooting?

so is there a way to fix , or do i have to go it serviced? also i have a xbox one
Thema:

1. Unable to navigate Xbox startup Troubleshooting message - Similar Threads - Unable navigate startup

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  3. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  4. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  5. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  6. Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install Forza Motor sports 7: It keeps installation stopped warning . I have gigabit internet speed. In the same time if i install forza 6 it installs without any issue. Forza 6 took only 30-35 minutes to complete install It...
  7. Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play online or use Xbox at all?: Hi, ive had this problem on and off for the past month now. I will log into my account however i am unable yo join partied or play online games. I will join a party for a few seconds however i am...
  8. Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to set up a warranty claim on elite series 2 controller: Purchased a Design Lab Elite Series 2 controller 6 months ago. It has a 1 year warranty. It has developed severe drift. Found a form online to request a controller exchange or something. It asks...
  9. May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...

in XBoX on Windows
    May 11th update broke capture feature once again, unable to record anything since April...: So my problem starts on April 13th, with the console update breaking the capture feature. I reported this here with no succes, the problem was exactly the same as many other report such as this...
  10. Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Students using 1.20.81 unable to join each other's worlds: I am teaching a Minecraft-based class to a group of students using Minecraft PE (not education edition). As of about three weeks ago, they can no longer join each other's worlds. Do you know of a...